ADVERTISEMENT

IU over Wisconsin?

I’m not a doctor or a physical therapist.

I'm assuming though that you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.....

200w.gif

I want iu to win. We need Wisconsin to start piling up some losses. Th

If IU doesn't have fire for this game, not that fire alone makes shots...IU will continue to struggle. I look for focused intensity early from IU. If IU has an atypical day shooting the ball...meaning making some...who knows?
I who couldn't even stayed focused at home.

Reactions: tjreese
I who couldn't even stayed focused at home.
Purdue was very good that game. Had some ups and downs, but remained poised which is a huge key there...and for Purdue generally. I'll be more than happy for a replay at Mackey. Won't hurt my feelings at all. That lack of poise has cost Purdue two wins since Woodson was there. Freshmen...soon become sophomores...AND Lance handling the ball is huge as well!

Don Fischer has given up on this team. 3 flagrant over 4 games (2 of which were ejections).

College behavior is and should be different than the NBA recently and thankful for that. You have to wonder if some coaches from the NBA bring that behavior back with them sometimes. We have seen that at IU and Michigan and both didn't grow up on the same street Howard did! ;) Fred Hoiberg has been the exception.

College behavior is and should be different than the NBA recently and thankful for that. You have to wonder if some coaches from the NBA bring that behavior back with them sometimes. We have seen that at IU and Michigan and both didn't grow up on the same street Howard did! ;) Fred Hoiberg has been the exception.
I’m not sure about that but I do believe IU lacks leadership in the locker room and bench. TJD brought it last year and covered a lot of holes the team had with his play. Now you don’t have his scoring/defense and him holding his teammates accountable.

Robbie even said something last night that it was embarrassing for IU.

They need a new coach. Woodson is wasting players and allowing these fouls they are getting is crazy. I mean I like seeing them loose though.
Seems like it but the original plan to have Thad and Fife with him to guide the program got blown up year 1. The holes were covered by TJD having a monster year and JHS going crazy down the stretch.

Now you are looking at that roster scratching your head. You have 1 recruit who is more of a 3/4 than a guard. You are gonna lose some guys through graduation, NBA and portal. Zero room to miss on the portal this year.

I know we complain about Painter and recruits but he finds program guys. Guys develop and Painter builds a game plan to give them opportunities. IU has 0 offensive identity.

I’m not sure about that but I do believe IU lacks leadership in the locker room and bench. TJD brought it last year and covered a lot of holes the team had with his play. Now you don’t have his scoring/defense and him holding his teammates accountable.

No question there are some issues. You partially hit on why I said they had "individual" talent in a different thread. There is no chemistry and as far as D...go back and look at "after" Zach throws the ball to Lance how IU responds. GRanted, they were down big time, but...

There you will see Ware jogging down the court as you will McBako a bit. McBako makes no effort to get in better position (Ware is already lost) and just tries to get his footwork in place to try the highlight block.

DAvis "after" the harsh letter brought it, but not so much before for what he was capable. These mercenaries for hire (NIL) are all about themselves many times. IU is a stopping ground for just a year or so and it is for many not about the team, but how each are doing relative to the next step. Such a balancing act between individual talent and team play sometimes is very difficult and then add like you said...little leadership from any of those with more seniority or even a freshman if he had charisma and walked the talk.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
They need a new coach. Woodson is wasting players and allowing these fouls they are getting is crazy. I mean I like seeing them lose though.
Not too sure those fouls were not allowed "somewhat" the first two years at IU? It is hard to play really good D without picking up some fouls when playing good teams. IN the last two years I have made references to their physical play blowing up some handoffs and off ball screens. All that said, those were not the fouls against IU in Purdue's game this year.

Seems like it but the original plan to have Thad and Fife with him to guide the program got blown up year 1. The holes were covered by TJD having a monster year and JHS going crazy down the stretch.

Now you are looking at that roster scratching your head. You have 1 recruit who is more of a 3/4 than a guard. You are gonna lose some guys through graduation, NBA and portal. Zero room to miss on the portal this year.

I know we complain about Painter and recruits but he finds program guys. Guys develop and Painter builds a game plan to give them opportunities. IU has 0 offensive identity.
That said, IU has improved in their protection of center court after the game...or after Todd Foster! ;)

No question there are some issues. You partially hit on why I said they had "individual" talent in a different thread. There is no chemistry and as far as D...go back and look at "after" Zach throws the ball to Lance how IU responds. GRanted, they were down big time, but...

There you will see Ware jogging down the court as you will McBako a bit. McBako makes no effort to get in better position (Ware is already lost) and just tries to get his footwork in place to try the highlight block.

DAvis "after" the harsh letter brought it, but not so much before for what he was capable. These mercenaries for hire (NIL) are all about themselves many times. IU is a stopping ground for just a year or so and it is for many not about the team, but how each are doing relative to the next step. Such a balancing act between individual talent and team play sometimes is very difficult and then add like you said...little leadership from any of those with more seniority or even a freshman if he had charisma and walked the talk.
I think NIL has changed the landscape where guys are looking for a paycheck first and on court success second. With that said, the portal is a mix of 1yr and multi-year transfers. Since IU’s roster is a mix of guys, they will need to find and land a combo of both. It is probably too late to get anyone with immediate impact from the high school ranks. Granted, there are some late bloomers but it is a crap shoot.

I could see that guy at FAU going there, has some Ind ties
Haha that’s all they talk about. But he could be a flash in the pan like lil Archie. His team has struggled this year vs worse competition, however they are still good. They seem to play a bit entitled and undisciplined at times. It’ll be interesting to see once this current group is gone, if he can sustain that success with a new group of recruits.

X was supposed to be the leader. Woodson challenged him to show it. He is who he is. Woodson should be thankful that the younger players aren't following X's lead (I assume).

No to iu.
Keep your foot on their throat.
You young guys have no idea how quickly they will be back if they ever hire a decent coach and leave him alone.
They have sucked and they still get 5 star guys regularly.
Them feeling like they can't beat Wiscy is a beautiful thing for Purdue.
Keep that going.
This.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT