ADVERTISEMENT

@IU Gameplan

Mar 10, 2015
Last time we played IU, we went heavy backside post double on Holmes and it left alot of open shooters who made us pay(15 of 23 - an insane 65% from 3). I'm curious to see what CKG cooks up for Sunday. I know she mentioned IU postgame the rotations weren't good enough and we even doubled a couple times on posts when Holmes wasn't even in which wasn't in the gameplan.

With that said, I wonder if it's more of the same gameplan, just trust that our rotations are better. Do we double ball side instead and have that player dig so we don't have to worry about rotation?

Maybe we just stay on shooters and let Holmes get hers and adjust if it really gets out of hand..

I'm curious to what anyone else thinks we should/might do for Sunday.

Last time we played IU, we went heavy backside post double on Holmes and it left alot of open shooters who made us pay(15 of 23 - an insane 65% from 3). I'm curious to see what CKG cooks up for Sunday. I know she mentioned IU postgame the rotations weren't good enough and we even doubled a couple times on posts when Holmes wasn't even in which wasn't in the gameplan.

With that said, I wonder if it's more of the same gameplan, just trust that our rotations are better. Do we double ball side instead and have that player dig so we don't have to worry about rotation?

Maybe we just stay on shooters and let Holmes get hers and adjust if it really gets out of hand..

I'm curious to what anyone else thinks we should/might do for Sunday.
Kind of pick your poison, if we don't double Holmes she could go for 40. But they have three excellent shooters that if we leave them alone will torch us from 3. We could play a triangle and 2 with the 2 playing Holmes front and back and leaving Bargasser unguarded. But that requires us to play with intensity, passion and intelligence, the things we have not taken on the road so far this season

Reactions: tomgloe
Kind of pick your poison, if we don't double Holmes she could go for 40. But they have three excellent shooters that if we leave them alone will torch us from 3. We could play a triangle and 2 with the 2 playing Holmes front and back and leaving Bargasser unguarded. But that requires us to play with intensity, passion and intelligence, the things we have not taken on the road so far this season
We could also use our depth and press and push tempo all night trying to wear down the only 4 quality players IU has.

We could also use our depth and press and push tempo all night trying to wear down the only 4 quality players IU has.
Yeah the zone is a good idea too, I'd imagine we try to throw multiple looks at Holmes. Without parrish, it's essentially a 5 man rotation for them. They seemed to do just fine uptempo last night vs MSU, and we know we can't score with them. Harper got Holmes into some foul trouble in the first half last time right?

Yeah the zone is a good idea too, I'd imagine we try to throw multiple looks at Holmes. Without parrish, it's essentially a 5 man rotation for them. They seemed to do just fine uptempo last night vs MSU, and we know we can't score with them. Harper got Holmes into some foul trouble in the first half last time right?
MSU is dealing with a lot of injuries and only played 7 players last night, they wore down before IU did I think. Holmes played 33 minutes, but ended with 4 fouls, so she had several fouls, but they did not limit her time any significant amount if at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT