ADVERTISEMENT

IU football from insider

StateStreet123

Redshirt Freshman
Aug 9, 2010
Thought this was interesting. I stumbled across Richard Lagow's dad posting on a message board throughout this season (not peegs) re the IU football team. Apparently the father was a former D1 Offensive Lineman. First and foremost, by all accounts Richard is a 100% class act. The dad appears to be as well. A few of my notes and then a quote follow.

My paraphrasing of postings
- Richard has been contacted by LOTS of agents re a potential NFL career.
- Thinks Allen is very, very green and thus makes rookie decision/mistakes. But also thinks he is a man with good character and wants to do the right thing.
- Thinks the offensive system is TERRIBLE. Way to conservative. Said it resembles a BASIC high school system.
- Thinks the Offensive Coordinator (Deborg) is really, really bad
- Thinks Allen needs to hire a DC as he is spread too thin to help in his purported area of strength
- Was troubled by how bad the offensive line was
- Thought coaches tried to force-feed system onto personnel (losing proposition) instead of adapting system to better fir personnel
- Is a bit put off by the small-time local connections of Allen and politics of playing favorites with long-time local contacts/friends
- Doesn't think QB Ramsey should be the starter next year. Says Tronti (?) a redshirt from this year is the future
- Thinks game plans, and especially adjustments in game or at half-time, are lacking.
- Thinks recruiting 4-5 star players is overrated since it is very hard to do. Thinks non-Alabama type programs should recruit players with speed and a good frame. Then add muscle to them once on campus. After soph year stars are irrelevant and those kids, once developed, can possibly compare to 5 stars out of high school.

Now for a copy/paste quote with my bolding:

<<< Changing qb’s, the micro managing. You don’t coach like what we are seeing. We are four weeks into the season and the offense is completely unsettled with no direction. Ride the horse that brought you and work on refining. And you are 100% correct on ties to deborg. Throw in the long ties to Ramsey’s family and we start to look like a local team and not a national team. And yes, if you look at the Ohio State game and look at Lagow now you have to say they ruined him. They had all year to prep for Ohio State and we had the game until depth wore us out. This is the best game planning they can come up with now? >>>

Finally, do note that Mr. Lagow does not come across as bitter in many of his posts, supports IU, and remains a fan even after his son's graduation. He does, however, question some decisions as every fan (or parent of a player!) does.

I am sure happy we have Coach Brohm at Purdue!!!

Thought this was interesting. I stumbled across Richard Lagow's dad posting on a message board throughout this season (not peegs) re the IU football team. Apparently the father was a former D1 Offensive Lineman. First and foremost, by all accounts Richard is a 100% class act. The dad appears to be as well. A few of my notes and then a quote follow.

- Thinks Allen is very, very green and thus makes rookie decision/mistakes. But also thinks he is a man with good character and wants to do the right thing.
- Thinks the offensive system is TERRIBLE. Way to conservative. Said it resembles a BASIC high school system.
- Thinks Allen needs to hire a DC as he is spread too thin to help in his purported area of strength
- Thought coaches tried to force-feed system onto personnel (losing proposition) instead of adapting system to better fir personnel
- Is a bit put off by the small-time local connections of Allen and politics of playing favorites with long-time local contacts/friends
- Doesn't think QB Ramsey should be the starter next year. Says Tronti (?) a redshirt from this year is the future
- Thinks game plans, and especially adjustments in game or at half-time, are lacking.
- Thinks recruiting 4-5 star players is overrated since it is very hard to do. Thinks non-Alabama type programs should recruit players with speed and a good frame. Then add muscle to them once on campus. After soph year stars are irrelevant and those kids, once developed, can possibly compare to 5 stars out of high school.

<<< Changing qb’s, the micro managing. You don’t coach like what we are seeing. We are four weeks into the season and the offense is completely unsettled with no direction. Ride the horse that brought you and work on refining. And you are 100% correct on ties to deborg. Throw in the long ties to Ramsey’s family and we start to look like a local team and not a national team. And yes, if you look at the Ohio State game and look at Lagow now you have to say they ruined him. They had all year to prep for Ohio State and we had the game until depth wore us out. This is the best game planning they can come up with now? >>>

Finally, do note that Mr. Lagow does not come across as bitter in many of his posts, supports IU, and remains a fan even after his son's graduation. He does, however, question some decisions as every fan (or parent of a player!) does.

Yea right, Mr. Lagow isn’t disgruntled even though his son was benched. Apparently he is so “knowledgeable “ that he doesn’t even know the OC’s name is DeBord, not “deborg “. He is correct about the OL, it was awful, but that is on Wilson, he didn’t leave much behind. Ramsey played because Lagow was terrible in the UVA game ,and Ramsey saved that game from going south, his mobility (which is just adequate) was the biggest factor. Lagow is not only “glacially” slow, he has zero pocket presence, and when the OL is abysmal that is not a good combo.
Mr. Lagow has posted angrily on IU boards since his son showed up on campus, Richard has a great arm, but not much else it takes to be a big time qb. He took a lot of grief for all his interceptions in 2016, and Mr. Lagow has been on the offensive ever since, parents should really stay off message boards. The vast majority of what he says has no basis in fact, just an angry parent venting and trying to defend his son.

I hope this doesn't come off as sarcastic (not my intent), but IU's OC is Mike DeBord, not Deborg. DeBord was an assistant coach/OC at Michigan from 1993-2007, except for 2000-2003 when he was the head coach at Central Michigan.

Anyway, I'm not trying to be the grammar police if you just accidentally mistyped his name, but if Lagow's father referred to him as Deborg, it would make me wonder why he didn't even know the real name of the OC instructing his son.

I hope this doesn't come off as sarcastic (not my intent), but IU's OC is Mike DeBord, not Deborg. DeBord was an assistant coach/OC at Michigan from 1993-2007, except for 2000-2003 when he was the head coach at Central Michigan.

Anyway, I'm not trying to be the grammar police if you just accidentally mistyped his name, but if Lagow's father referred to him as Deborg, it would make me wonder why he didn't even know the real name of the OC instructing his son.

I think Lagow spells Debord correctly in other posts. I typed Deborg in the non-quoted area to follow the quote. Sure didnt sound right....while I cant speak with 100% certaintym I'm pretty sure he knew the OC last name. I sure knew all my daughter's coaches names when she was an NCAA student/athlete!

Link to all posts for those who want to read themselves. fwiw

http://www.hoosiersportsnation.com/index.php?/profile/215-payday/

Last edited:
Yea right, Mr. Lagow isn’t disgruntled even though his son was benched. Apparently he is so “knowledgeable “ that he doesn’t even know the OC’s name is DeBord, not “deborg “. He is correct about the OL, it was awful, but that is on Wilson, he didn’t leave much behind. Ramsey played because Lagow was terrible in the UVA game ,and Ramsey saved that game from going south, his mobility (which is just adequate) was the biggest factor. Lagow is not only “glacially” slow, he has zero pocket presence, and when the OL is abysmal that is not a good combo.
Mr. Lagow has posted angrily on IU boards since his son showed up on campus, Richard has a great arm, but not much else it takes to be a big time qb. He took a lot of grief for all his interceptions in 2016, and Mr. Lagow has been on the offensive ever since, parents should really stay off message boards. The vast majority of what he says has no basis in fact, just an angry parent venting and trying to defend his son.

Oh, I don't know. It sounds like you're disgruntled at his posts.

I read a number of his posts, and from what I read he's spot-on. The guy sounds knowledgeable. Not only did his son play D1 football (IU is still D1, correct?!), he played at SMU in their heyday. (In fact, it sounds like he was there when all hell broke loose.) Additionally, his daughter played soccer for LSU (and a very attractive girl, at that).

What's more, it doesn't matter who's responsible for the OL play. If it's terrible, it's terrible.

On a related note, there's another posting there claiming to be in his late 70's, but he writes like he's a brainwashed elementary schoolboy. I've never seen such immature drivel.

Oh, I don't know. It sounds like you're disgruntled at his posts.

I read a number of his posts, and from what I read he's spot-on. The guy sounds knowledgeable. Not only did his son play D1 football (IU is still D1, correct?!), he played at SMU in their heyday. (In fact, it sounds like he was there when all hell broke loose.) Additionally, his daughter played soccer for LSU (and a very attractive girl, at that).

What's more, it doesn't matter who's responsible for the OL play. If it's terrible, it's terrible.

On a related note, there's another posting there claiming to be in his late 70's, but he writes like he's a brainwashed elementary schoolboy. I've never seen such immature drivel.
Not disgruntled at his posts in the least, but I take them for what they are, an angry parent whose kid was benched.

Not disgruntled at his posts in the least, but I take them for what they are, an angry parent whose kid was benched.

No, that's my point. He doesn't seem the least bit angry to me.

To be clear, he's a parent. I'm sure he didn't like seeing his kid benched. No parent does. But, in your two posts in this thread you clearly have a grudge. You call him disgruntled, and you defend Allen (the OL comment).

Seems like you have issues, as well.

"G" is kinda close to "D" on the keyboard. I know I struddle with those king of accigents all the time.

Well at least they have Notre Dame jackets to wear......

I will be honest and say who gives a shit about IU good or bad.

Boiler Up!

Mr. Lagow was concerned about Allen and the new offensive staff from the moment he was eased into the job after Wilson was pushed out. He knew then what everyone else learned later, namely that Allen is a good guy with no college head coaching experience and all of his time on one side of the ball. Glass made that same mistake with Wilson and it never worked out, so people were shocked that he didn't learn his lesson.

For Lagow the son, it was compounded when they hired a graduate assistant to be the quarterback coach. To say they were underwhelmed would be an understatement, but the inexperience of Allen plus a lack of financial commitment allowed it to happen. DeBord was a "value" hire, too, and he'll retire in a couple years.

Purdue can take the bucket out of the box for awhile. IU doesn't care enough about football to put a scare into anyone in the Big Ten.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
Mr. Lagow was concerned about Allen and the new offensive staff from the moment he was eased into the job after Wilson was pushed out. He knew then what everyone else learned later, namely that Allen is a good guy with no college head coaching experience and all of his time on one side of the ball. Glass made that same mistake with Wilson and it never worked out, so people were shocked that he didn't learn his lesson.

For Lagow the son, it was compounded when they hired a graduate assistant to be the quarterback coach. To say they were underwhelmed would be an understatement, but the inexperience of Allen plus a lack of financial commitment allowed it to happen. DeBord was a "value" hire, too, and he'll retire in a couple years.

Purdue can take the bucket out of the box for awhile. IU doesn't care enough about football to put a scare into anyone in the Big Ten.

Thanks for the follow up.

I'll tell you, until I read some of Dad's posts on the other forum, I didn't realize what kind of merry-go-round world Richard had lived through. But, part of that's on them, and a product of transferring (Ok State, JC, IU).

Now, with that said, I can read between your lines and "feel the pain" of decisions by IU admin. I have to admit, as a Purdue fan, I've been pretty happy with most of IU's football hires since Mallory. (And I thought they showed him the door waaaay too soon.) Aside from Hoeppner, for decades it has been one questionable decision after another. Corso was terrible. Wyche could have been really good, but his world was the NFL. Cameron, DiNardo, Lynch, Wilson, and now Allen were all 2nd rate candidates. I'm wondering how many it will take before, as you state, they "learn (their) lesson."

Thanks for the follow up.

I'll tell you, until I read some of Dad's posts on the other forum, I didn't realize what kind of merry-go-round world Richard had lived through. But, part of that's on them, and a product of transferring (Ok State, JC, IU).

Now, with that said, I can read between your lines and "feel the pain" of decisions by IU admin. I have to admit, as a Purdue fan, I've been pretty happy with most of IU's football hires since Mallory. (And I thought they showed him the door waaaay too soon.) Aside from Hoeppner, for decades it has been one questionable decision after another. Corso was terrible. Wyche could have been really good, but his world was the NFL. Cameron, DiNardo, Lynch, Wilson, and now Allen were all 2nd rate candidates. I'm wondering how many it will take before, as you state, they "learn (their) lesson."
As Purdue has learned, it all begins with having a top flight athletic director. Burke is a good man and loyal Purdue guy, but he was never one who knew much about how to hire and manage coaches effectively. And he was a varsity athlete.

Glass does not possess those needed qualities, either, and his hiring of Wilson and Allen is evidence that IU will never have much success in football as long as he leads the athletic department. Glass failed to vet Wilson, and he was in trouble immediately once he arrived in Bloomington. It was a failure of the most basic protocols and procedures and it revealed how his lack of experience would impair his job performance. Wilson's termination and Allen's no-interview hiring showed he learned nothing along the way. Dumb moves by an overly political operative known more for style than substance. Allen is a good guy and knowledgeable defensive coach, but he was over his skis way too much this season. That will improve in the future, but no other program will sit still and wait. Add to that the fact that most IU fans don't care about football and you can see why Mr. Lagow's perspective isn't so much bitter as it is plaintive.

Reactions: BAM95 and Purdue85

Lots of wanna-be agents will contact folks. If they believe in a kid, they’ll buy him a car.

If Richard wants to make a roster, he needs to see the field better. He improved a lot on “locking in” but still threw too many picks. And he once threw so hard it prompted Wilson to say “we learned today it is not physically possible to throw the ball through a human being.”

Big arm.
Statue legs.
Needs touch.
Smart enough to play in 3 systems in 3 years.

As for DeBord, he coached Tom Brady at Michigan, won a Natty at Michigan and produced the highest scoring offense EVER at Tennessee. More than Manning/Fulmer. I think I’ll wait and see if how he settles in before declaring him good or bad. But yes, I’m sure when he saw the talent gap between Tennessee and IU, he played it a little slower.

Our OL lost 3 long-term starters - including Feeney and Coach Frey. There was no way they were gonna be good this year. So he was right about the OL.

For my money, IUs staff used the first 5 games as extended spring practice/evaluation. They decided Ramsey gave them a better chance to win the games against Big Ten middle-of-the-pack teams because he could run out of a busted pocket better. After he got hurt, they went back to Lagow, even though it made us more 1-dimensional. I didn’t see evidence they asked him to do things he couldn’t do, but that’s just me.

IU has 24 players from Florida on next year’s roster. Mr. Lagow is wrong about us being “local” - although did get some nice Indiana guys in this class.

Good luck with Brohm.
He studied at the feet of some great offensive football minds.

Reactions: 76-1
Lots of wanna-be agents will contact folks. If they believe in a kid, they’ll buy him a car.

If Richard wants to make a roster, he needs to see the field better. He improved a lot on “locking in” but still threw too many picks. And he once threw so hard it prompted Wilson to say “we learned today it is not physically possible to throw the ball through a human being.”

Big arm.
Statue legs.
Needs touch.
Smart enough to play in 3 systems in 3 years.

As for DeBord, he coached Tom Brady at Michigan, won a Natty at Michigan and produced the highest scoring offense EVER at Tennessee. More than Manning/Fulmer. I think I’ll wait and see if how he settles in before declaring him good or bad. But yes, I’m sure when he saw the talent gap between Tennessee and IU, he played it a little slower.

Our OL lost 3 long-term starters - including Feeney and Coach Frey. There was no way they were gonna be good this year. So he was right about the OL.

For my money, IUs staff used the first 5 games as extended spring practice/evaluation. They decided Ramsey gave them a better chance to win the games against Big Ten middle-of-the-pack teams because he could run out of a busted pocket better. After he got hurt, they went back to Lagow, even though it made us more 1-dimensional. I didn’t see evidence they asked him to do things he couldn’t do, but that’s just me.

IU has 24 players from Florida on next year’s roster. Mr. Lagow is wrong about us being “local” - although did get some nice Indiana guys in this class.

Good luck with Brohm.
He studied at the feet of some great offensive football minds.
I imagine if I'd been fooled as badly as you and the few other posters at the IU board were by the "promise" of this past very disappointing and underperforming season, I'd come up with as many rationalizations and excuses as you have. It will continue through the end of recruiting, where IU will scare the rest of the BiG with their 11th ranked conference and circa 50th nationally class, and through Spring ball, where great pronouncements of beating Ahia State / Ohio and Michigan and Penn State and, of course, reclaiming the Bucket, and through another disappointing season of "it takes time" pleadings while telling each other about how 20,000 fans in the stands are really near sell outs, and about how pass outs to the tailgates make the atmosphere at "The Rock" one of the greatest in all of Monroe County. Oh, and everyone will bitch about the traffic and the broken down dirt road from Indy.

Reactions: joe for prez

In the current BT climate, there may be some at IU that don't care, but the rest of the conference does. With revenue sharing and the biggest collegiate TV deal on record, nobody wants weak sisters that can't draw eyeballs to weekly contests. The Big Ten can't force it's members to hire great coaches, build state of the art facilities, etc., but they can (and probably do) make it uncomfortable for the schools that don't. From here on out if you're getting a piece of the pie, you need to at least be competitive, and be doing everything that makes you that.

For me the thing has always been the fact that IU IS a Basketball school first. It's planted its flag as a blue blood, and I'm on board with that; but the question to ask, is how many of the blue blood programs have had extended success with the football side of the house?

Kansas
Duke
North Carolina
UCLA

Answer; none. Even MSU, who's gotten close to the brass ring in the last decade, can't seem to get over the hump. I don't think any school can play for championships (division, conference or otherwise) with both major sports. You'll have outliers (Florida and OSU a few years ago) but you can't maintain it.

In the current BT climate, there may be some at IU that don't care, but the rest of the conference does. With revenue sharing and the biggest collegiate TV deal on record, nobody wants weak sisters that can't draw eyeballs to weekly contests. The Big Ten can't force it's members to hire great coaches, build state of the art facilities, etc., but they can (and probably do) make it uncomfortable for the schools that don't. From here on out if you're getting a piece of the pie, you need to at least be competitive, and be doing everything that makes you that.

For me the thing has always been the fact that IU IS a Basketball school first. It's planted its flag as a blue blood, and I'm on board with that; but the question to ask, is how many of the blue blood programs have had extended success with the football side of the house?

Kansas
Duke
North Carolina
UCLA

Answer; none. Even MSU, who's gotten close to the brass ring in the last decade, can't seem to get over the hump. I don't think any school can play for championships (division, conference or otherwise) with both major sports. You'll have outliers (Florida and OSU a few years ago) but you can't maintain it.
So much to respond to here I feel almost overwhelmed. I’ll let my fellow Boilermakers feast on this delicious treat served up warm. Some starters to whet their appetites.
-IU is a “blue blood” in anything with the possible exception of mighty soccer...er, futbol?
-Fans/admin caring more about BB in the past few decades is an excuse for 100+ years of collectively bad FB, as in historically awful?
-Delusional fans much?

Today's revelation is that IU has parted ways with their Head Strength and Conditioning coach, and that players have been left on their own in terms of off season S & C work. This was confirmed by a former player who was always considered a reliable source on the IU board. He'll now be discredited and likely ignored / banned. A volunteer fireman has stated that it's probably not true that no plan exists, but he's not sure, and a university representative who posts their regularly as PR for Glass is sure it couldn't be true. Probably. No confirmation as of yet that, in an effort to contain costs, they've purchased a number of P90X videos for the players to make up for this setback, and that LA Fitness has been signed as the "Official Strength and Conditioning Partner" for IU football. Talk about commitment.

Today's revelation is that IU has parted ways with their Head Strength and Conditioning coach, and that players have been left on their own in terms of off season S & C work. This was confirmed by a former player who was always considered a reliable source on the IU board. He'll now be discredited and likely ignored / banned. A volunteer fireman has stated that it's probably not true that no plan exists, but he's not sure, and a university representative who posts their regularly as PR for Glass is sure it couldn't be true. Probably. No confirmation as of yet that, in an effort to contain costs, they've purchased a number of P90X videos for the players to make up for this setback, and that LA Fitness has been signed as the "Official Strength and Conditioning Partner" for IU football. Talk about commitment.
If this is remotely close to actuality, I would think Delaney and Company in B1G office must be apoplectic. They are very good at selling the conference as a premium product and clownish behavior by members only serves to make it unnecessarily difficult.

Reactions: Tommaker
I imagine if I'd been fooled as badly as you and the few other posters at the IU board were by the "promise" of this past very disappointing and underperforming season, I'd come up with as many rationalizations and excuses as you have. It will continue through the end of recruiting, where IU will scare the rest of the BiG with their 11th ranked conference and circa 50th nationally class, and through Spring ball, where great pronouncements of beating Ahia State / Ohio and Michigan and Penn State and, of course, reclaiming the Bucket, and through another disappointing season of "it takes time" pleadings while telling each other about how 20,000 fans in the stands are really near sell outs, and about how pass outs to the tailgates make the atmosphere at "The Rock" one of the greatest in all of Monroe County. Oh, and everyone will bitch about the traffic and the broken down dirt road from Indy.

First, I didn't talk about any of that - other than mentioning that the OL lost 3 starters and a coach. I call that "fact." You call it "rationalization" and "excuses." The thread was about Lagow's dad claiming after game 4 that we were "lost" on offense and how his son had agents calling him. That's what I talked about.

Second, I wasn't "fooled." For the most part, the IU season went as expected. We had no illusions that we would beat OSU to open the year. We didn't. We figured we might beat Virginia. We did. We figured we'd beat FIU, but we didn't play them due to the hurricane. We didn't expect to beat Penn State. We didn't. We figured we'd beat the FIU replacement (Charleston Southern). We did. We figured we'd beat Georgia Southern. We did. Michigan was a hard choice. We got close, but them beating us in OT was no big surprise. Same with MSU. By the time we played them, Dantonio had fixed them (again) and they were ranked. Now came Maryland - the only real "surprise." Most folks thought we should win that one - we didn't. Wisconsin beat us as expected. We thought we'd beat Rutgers. We did. That left the Bucket Game. You won. Congrats. Nobody wants to lose 5 in a row.

In the end, the only teams that really busted us were OSU and PSU and Wisconsin. We gave everybody else a good game and/or won. So I disagree that it was a "very disappointing" or "underperforming" season. As far as "first year coach/first seasons" go, it was OK.

Reactions: 76-1
First, I didn't talk about any of that - other than mentioning that the OL lost 3 starters and a coach. I call that "fact." You call it "rationalization" and "excuses." The thread was about Lagow's dad claiming after game 4 that we were "lost" on offense and how his son had agents calling him. That's what I talked about.

Second, I wasn't "fooled." For the most part, the IU season went as expected. We had no illusions that we would beat OSU to open the year. We didn't. We figured we might beat Virginia. We did. We figured we'd beat FIU, but we didn't play them due to the hurricane. We didn't expect to beat Penn State. We didn't. We figured we'd beat the FIU replacement (Charleston Southern). We did. We figured we'd beat Georgia Southern. We did. Michigan was a hard choice. We got close, but them beating us in OT was no big surprise. Same with MSU. By the time we played them, Dantonio had fixed them (again) and they were ranked. Now came Maryland - the only real "surprise." Most folks thought we should win that one - we didn't. Wisconsin beat us as expected. We thought we'd beat Rutgers. We did. That left the Bucket Game. You won. Congrats. Nobody wants to lose 5 in a row.

In the end, the only teams that really busted us were OSU and PSU and Wisconsin. We gave everybody else a good game and/or won. So I disagree that it was a "very disappointing" or "underperforming" season. As far as "first year coach/first seasons" go, it was OK.
Revisionism at its finest, but the ubiquitous "we" and "us" references were a nice touch.

Spoken like a true "settler."

You guys are the kings of rationalization. Face it - IU’s trajectory is down and down big. Purdue is going up and up some more. When did IU last win a bowl game? 1993 wasn’t it?

You guys are the kings of rationalization. Face it - IU’s trajectory is down and down big. Purdue is going up and up some more. When did IU last win a bowl game? 1993 wasn’t it?

What that clown doesn't "get" is the fact every team has losses. Hells bells, we have a tremendously thin roster this year, lost numerous key players, and found a way to go 7-6 with an exciting bowl win!

Goodness. We started with 4 key RBs, a position that was to carry the offense this year. By the end of the season, we were down to really only 1 of those 4 and kicked IU's arse.

We started the season with 2 QBs battling for the starting job, lost 1 to injury, and the other finished the last 3 1/2 games with a torn freakin' ACL. A TORN ACL!

Through the season we lost key players from an already thin front 7, yet had a solid, solid defense.

We had to put together an OL with spit, duct tape and bailing wire, which included a grad transfer from Rhode frickin' Island. Rhode Island. (And I love that guy!)

Oh, but IU lost 3 OL from the prior year, so "(t)here was no way they were gonna be good this year."

Oh, and "IUs staff used the first 5 games as extended spring practice/evaluation."

Jeff Brohm came in and told the seniors they're going to win NOW. This year. Not in 3-5 years. Not after their first 5 games, when they see what they have.

What a dumb@ss.

Well this point is complete bull $hit as seen below. Players probably did not have a program to follow but it is like a 6 week break like our team taking a 2-3 week break. First day back in January they will start lifting.

From FootballScoop:

Indiana: Dave Ballou will be the strength and conditioning coach at Indiana, sources tell FootballScoop. Ballou is currently the co-director of strength and conditioning at Notre Dame, and prior to that was the physical conditioning coach at IMG Academy. He also holds experience in the Indiana high school ranks, as does IU head coach Tom Allen. Ballou is a former Hoosier fullback and was recognized as the Hoosier Strength Challenge champion during his time on the roster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT