ADVERTISEMENT

IT WILL BE A LONG SEASON!

Sep 27, 2009
Running into the middle of the line for no gain time after time is not a winning strategy, but unfortunately that's something the Purdue coaches do not seem to understand, so until they do, wins will be difficult to come by!

Reactions: NVboiler
Running into the middle of the line for no gain time after time is not a winning strategy, but unfortunately that's something the Purdue coaches do not seem to understand, so until they do, wins will be difficult to come by!

The fact they were watching the game and couldn't figure that out is worrisome. Roll Card out a few times and let him pass or run.

Edit: I only watched about 90% of the second half so maybe they tried in the first half?

The fact they were watching the game and couldn't figure that out is worrisome. Roll Card out a few times and let him pass or run.

Edit: I only watched about 90% of the second half so maybe they tried in the first half?
No they didn't...losey play calling

Reactions: pboiler18

So they never called once for Card to roll out and pass/run?
If so that is unreal…

I guess that Card's ability to run must have been made up as why didn't he then do it? And it's a sad state to be this overhyped and so under productive. If another QB has to come in, can we expect anything from them?

What about the supposed improved run blocking? How many plays was that to make a yard or so into the end zone?

Or is it also on the coaching?

Hopefully, the problems will be addressed and solutions found.

They were rushing 3 guys...and he was pressured on several occasions..O-Line blows

Oh..exactly...no mis directions.
Where was our tight end...
play calling was vanilla, OL was terrible but Brohm didn't recruit the position well and off season additions from Colo, BGU, Indiana wesleyan aren't going to improve a team. One of the few here to pick a Fresno win and a 4 win season ( hope I'm wrong on that one)

play calling was vanilla, OL was terrible but Brohm didn't recruit the position well and off season additions from Colo, BGU, Indiana wesleyan aren't going to improve a team. One of the few here to pick a Fresno win and a 4 win season ( hope I'm wrong on that one)
You may be wrong if the offensive line doesn’t get better four wins might be unattainable.

One thing I'd like to never see again is Purdue giving up points at the end of each half. It doesn't matter how much time is on the clock at the end of a half, the opponent finds a way to score and generally leads to an "L."

When they were inside the 5 Fresno gave us 6 shots at the end soze and they finally broke through on the 6th attempt... Not one time did we try to roll out Card, which imo would have been the perfect time to do so just did the same exact play time after time and barely made it into the endzone... DB's were so concentrated on what was happening in the backfield they CONSTANTLY allowed the WR's to get behind them... That's why they couldn't stop anyone in the country yesterday on 3rd down... multiple 3rd and longs the WR's got behind us... HOW DO YOU CONTINUOUSLY ALLOW THAT TO HAPPEN?!

When they were inside the 5 Fresno gave us 6 shots at the end soze and they finally broke through on the 6th attempt... Not one time did we try to roll out Card, which imo would have been the perfect time to do so just did the same exact play time after time and barely made it into the endzone... DB's were so concentrated on what was happening in the backfield they CONSTANTLY allowed the WR's to get behind them... That's why they couldn't stop anyone in the country yesterday on 3rd down... multiple 3rd and longs the WR's got behind us... HOW DO YOU CONTINUOUSLY ALLOW THAT TO HAPPEN?!
Not disagreeing, but at the same time you got to believe in your guys to get us 1 single yard.

The fact that a big ten line couldn't get a good enough push multiple times throughout the game was/is really concerning.

Not disagreeing, but at the same time you got to believe in your guys to get us 1 single yard.

The fact that a big ten line couldn't get a good enough push multiple times throughout the game was/is really concerning.

That's because it's not a Big Ten line:

Austin Johnson - transfer from a doormat program Colorado (there's a reason he transferred)
Daniel Johnson - G5 FAU
Jalen Grant - G5 Bowling Green
Preston Nichols - G5 UNLV

What we have is a pieced together OL with G5 players on the interior. That's why we got no push...

Thanks to Brohm for that...

One thing I'd like to never see again is Purdue giving up points at the end of each half. It doesn't matter how much time is on the clock at the end of a half, the opponent finds a way to score and generally leads to an "L."
bad play calling doesn't help, as I said before the 3 quick pass plays after a gimme missed 21 yd FG by Fresno. The D was put back on the field after 3 quick pass plays. Yea they had 3 TO's but call a draw, a sweep that takes up time.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT