ADVERTISEMENT

It might make you feel better emotionally

I think we have an intelligent fan base for the most part. Most posters are articulate and thoughtful in their postings. However, if it makes you feel superior to call 96% of them stupid, that might say more about you than the 96%??

Last edited:
I think we have an intelligent fan base for the most part. Most posters are articulate and thoughtful in their postings. However, if it makes you feel superior to call 96% of the stupid, that might say more about you than the 96%??
  1. Didn’t say that they’re not generally intelligent, said that they don’t know what the f$&k they’re talking about.
  2. I’d generally consider the real fans who take the time to come here (not the assholes who come here to stir shit up) better informed than the average fan, although it seems that those who know the least often post the most.
  3. I don’t consider myself superior, but I am better informed than the vast majority of fans, not due to intelligence but because I listen to every interview with the team I can find and I’m still clueless relative to Painter.
  4. Lighten up Francis, I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings at some point, I’m known to be a real asshole at times.
PS - not sure if you bothered to listen to the clip, if not, do yourself a favor, it just might expand your mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: tenwest
but it’s not going to help the team.

Go to the 33:10 mark. Proves two things 1) like him or not, the guy is brilliant 2) 96% of fans have no idea what the f$&k they’re talking about.

Link: Matt Painter show
I like Painter and I know that he is a brilliant basketball guy. I am a bit confused about #2. I think that 98% of Purdue fans feel the same as I do, but the other 2% are so annoying that it seems like more. Yes, there are plenty of us in the 98% who occasionally question playing time or substitutions but we realize that CMP has good reasons for what he does.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
I like Painter and I know that he is a brilliant basketball guy. I am a bit confused about #2. I think that 98% of Purdue fans feel the same as I do, but the other 2% are so annoying that it seems like more. Yes, there are plenty of us in the 98% who occasionally question playing time or substitutions but we realize that CMP has good reasons for what he does.
Good post. My point wasn’t that MP is always right or that we as fans should never question him, rather that we (myself included) generally have no clue what goes into the thought process at that level.

Reactions: wallyboiler79
  1. Didn’t say that they’re not generally intelligent, said that they don’t know what the f$&k they’re talking about.
  2. I’d generally consider the real fans who take the time to come here (not the assholes who come here to stir shit up) better informed than the average fan, although it seems that those who know the least often post the most.
  3. I don’t consider myself superior, but I am better informed than the vast majority of fans, not due to intelligence but because I listen to every interview with the team I can find and I’m clueless relative to Painter.
  4. Lighten up Francis, I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings at some point, I’m known to be a real asshole at times.
PS - not sure if you bothered to listen to the clip, if not, do yourself a favor, it just might expand your mind.
I would say most of my “everyday” friends and family come to me occasionally for knowledge tidbits and information about Purdue athletics from things discussed here. And all the things I read here.

Reactions: northside100
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT