ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa

pubill

Sophomore
Jan 2, 2021
We are at home, but I think this will be a very tough game for us. Iowa is playing very well lately. Defensively they are much better than they have been in past years. Their guards can put a lot of pressure on you . a lot like IU did. Offensively they have a lot of weapons and Murray will be a bad matchup for us. Not sure if Gillis or Furst are quick enough to guard him.

I do believe they will have troubles with Edey, their center(foreign?) is not tall, but will push and battle.

We will have to be on our game, taking care of ball and hitting shots to win. We have shown lots of problems hitting shots in Mackey.

Better be ready, need this to keep 3 game lead and give us some breathing room.

This game concerns me, for many of the reasons you stated. After the Rutgers loss, we went on the road for two and battled to win a tough game vs a better (IMO) OSU team and then played better vs PSU at the Palestra. I think being on the road at that time helped them. Our team can tend to play less enthused at home, so hopefully they get the crowd behind them to help them win a tough game vs the Hawks.

Last edited:
TMHR has wins over Rutgers (2), Indiana, and Illinois and playing well - this will be no easy one for Purdue. Boilers need to contain Murray and keep Rabraca off the boards......and if they limit the turnovers, they should be in good shape. It will be interesting to see how Iowa defends Edey - Boilers will definitely get some looks they'll need to convert.

They want to be a conference champion? HAVE to close out tough games like this.

TMHR has wins over Rutgers (2), Indiana, and Illinois and playing well - this will be no easy one for Purdue. Boilers need to contain Murray and keep Rabraca off the boards......and if they limit the turnovers, they should be in good shape. It will be interesting to see how Iowa defends Edey - Boilers will definitely get some looks they'll need to convert.

They want to be a conference champion? HAVE to close out tough games like this.
Looking forward to this one. Iowa is very entertaining to watch, on and off the court.

We are at home, but I think this will be a very tough game for us. Iowa is playing very well lately. Defensively they are much better than they have been in past years. Their guards can put a lot of pressure on you . a lot like IU did. Offensively they have a lot of weapons and Murray will be a bad matchup for us. Not sure if Gillis or Furst are quick enough to guard him.

I do believe they will have troubles with Edey, their center(foreign?) is not tall, but will push and battle.

We will have to be on our game, taking care of ball and hitting shots to win. We have shown lots of problems hitting shots in Mackey.

As PurdueGRad in Texas said...must win this if serious about winning the Big. To that point this game is as important as teh IU game. Hopefully the entire team is ready because it is human nature to relax a bit when there is a cushion, not only inside a game, but from game to game. Purdue loss at IU and so does Matt reshuffle the deck and pull Mason to the front. Do post feeds have appropriate angles? If sharper screening, does that result result in better shooting? How much time after their 1-2-2 press is left on the clock when the offense starts. Does Purdue react favorably to different looks are a few of my interests.

11. It is one more Francon loudah.

Screen-Shot-2014-10-09-at-12.13.49-PM.png

What is your basis for the statement that 'Defensively they are much better than they have been in past years'?

I believe they're out of the top 150 in defensive efficiency. That may be better than past years but it's still awful.

What is your basis for the statement that 'Defensively they are much better than they have been in past years'?

I believe they're out of the top 150 in defensive efficiency. That may be better than past years but it's still awful.
They are 153 in defensive ranking, last year in 200's I believe. But believe watching them lately , their defense with Perkins playing much of time is much better.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
To further my point the opening spread on this game in Vegas is Purdue -6-1/2. Vegas believes this will be close game.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Iowa is 150+ defensively in KP with a defensive efficiency of 104...last year they were 80th (97.8) and year before 75th (96.7). This team is much worse defensively than recent teams and not as good offensively looking at the efficiency # not the ranking.

They will likely press to force Purdue to run more shot clock bringing the ball up and rush their half court offense.

Looking forward to seeing how Purdue responds after all the giveaways at IU.

They will likely press to force Purdue to run more shot clock bringing the ball up and rush their half court offense.

Looking forward to seeing how Purdue responds after all the giveaways at IU.
I don’t care if they press but I want Braden or any of our guards to lob it to Zach and just keep dunking it. Once they stop the press, hit repeat until Fran gets ejected. Once he is ejected, give Bohanon one game of eligibility and have him ejected. Bring in Mrs Fran to coach and have her ejected. Call up Elon and have their whole family launched to Mars. Then throw in one more lob.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

As long as Purdue handles the press well and keeps live ball turnovers down, keeping it a half court game, I am very confident. If Iowa can manufacture several easy buckets off of turnovers, this could be a struggle.

Spread moved up to -8. Edey's point prop was 23.5 when I looked this morning but now it's off. Wonder if that means it's going to come back a point higher.

Keep their shooters in check and don’t turn the ball over and we win going away.

Turnovers, turnovers and turnovers. We are the most efficient offensive team. Just get a shot every possession and we will win easily. Empty possessions are what kill us.

Reactions: ddmills333
Turnovers, turnovers and turnovers. We are the most efficient offensive team. Just get a shot every possession and we will win easily. Empty possessions are what kill us.
They’re quite a few people trying to find ways to criticize this team and are becoming pessimistic after the loss.

Like you said, if we take care of the ball and stay connected defensively, there’s not a team in the country that will beat our Boilers.

Boiler up!

Reactions: Inspector100
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT