ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting thread on the NU forum

Yeah, lots of interesting nuggets. I think we knew that the Big 10 was tougher and more competitive. Interesting to see many of their posters admit that.

Several also pointed out the research money that the Big 10 brings, which warms my college professor heart.

Reactions: Nukeboiler
Yeah, lots of interesting nuggets. I think we knew that the Big 10 was tougher and more competitive. Interesting to see many of their posters admit that.

Several also pointed out the research money that the Big 10 brings, which warms my college professor heart.
You mean there is more to college than just athletics? (tic)

9300's previous post piqued my curiosity so I took a stroll.

KSU fan beggin NU to come back.

NU fans talking about how tough the B1G is.

Interesting perceptions, comments, etc. ..... LINK

Interesting read, thanks for posting.

I’m actually impressed that most of the posts are level headed and realistic. It must be hard to be a washed up powerhouse.

Reactions: Nukeboiler
I used to live in Big12 country for a short time, & what was funny was how it was built & scheduled to benefit 2-3 teams.

They had the North & South, but the way the scheduled the crossover games were strategic to protect certain teams.

In Nebraska’s case, they NEVER had to play both Texas & Oklahoma in the same season from the South. They played home & home with one them switched to the other. So Nebraska’s schedule was usually a very, very sad North at the time of ISU, KSU, Kansas, Colorado, & Mizzou. Then they crossovers rotated with OU, OSU & TTU or Texas, A&M & Baylor.
So Nebraska would only play one game a year they weren’t always favored in (either OU or Texas) & beat up on really bad North teams.

I used to live in Big12 country for a short time, & what was funny was how it was built & scheduled to benefit 2-3 teams.

They had the North & South, but the way the scheduled the crossover games were strategic to protect certain teams.

In Nebraska’s case, they NEVER had to play both Texas & Oklahoma in the same season from the South. They played home & home with one them switched to the other. So Nebraska’s schedule was usually a very, very sad North at the time of ISU, KSU, Kansas, Colorado, & Mizzou. Then they crossovers rotated with OU, OSU & TTU or Texas, A&M & Baylor.
So Nebraska would only play one game a year they weren’t always favored in (either OU or Texas) & beat up on really bad North teams.

Yeah exactly. They’ve always done everything they’ve done to protect themselves from no more than one big game and then one big title game.

And now you’re seeing what happens when the gimmicky pitch boys can’t hide and every team they play hits them in the mouth

And let’s face it: a lot of their best teams were built on roids and thugs. Or roided up thugs.

Disagree. Their 90s title teams were loaded with NFL players and they physically dominated really good Florida, Miami and Tennessee teams.

Didn’t have to deal with the physicality and quality each week. Ohio State got blown out by us last year

**** Nebraska and all the fans here who love to kiss their ass can go with them

The real problem in the Big12 is Texas. They have run the conference to the detriment of the other teams for quite a while. It is the reason that T A&M and Missouri left for the SEC. Texas has its own network and does not share revenue, similar to ND. The inequality is lethal to a reasonable conference.

The real problem in the Big12 is Texas. They have run the conference to the detriment of the other teams for quite a while. It is the reason that T A&M and Missouri left for the SEC. Texas has its own network and does not share revenue, similar to ND. The inequality is lethal to a reasonable conference.

And it’s why anyone who has ever said Texas will eventually join the Big ten is tripping. Texas would not run shit ever in the big and would be another Nebraska

And it’s why anyone who has ever said Texas will eventually join the Big ten is tripping. Texas would not run shit ever in the big and would be another Nebraska

If your point is that Texas likes being the big fish, then I agree.

If your point is that Texas likes being the big fish, then I agree.

It is much more than being a big fish. It is being a hog to the extent that it diminishes the prestige fo the conference. Texas make sthe Big 12 look second-rate because it tolerates a inequality that cannot be excused. Similarly, the ACC made itself look silly by the terms that they offered ND.

Didn’t have to deal with the physicality and quality each week. Ohio State got blown out by us last year

**** Nebraska and all the fans here who love to kiss their ass can go with them
They still pounded a bunch of really good teams, including 2 NCs over the vaunted SEC.

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
The Big 8/12 has been bad recently but there have been some good football out of there in the 90's and early 2000's.

CU - Won a title and was pretty good from the late 80's to mid 2000's.
NU - Won multiple titles and beat a lot of good teams
OU - Titles and always in the hunt minus a small down turn.
UT - Won a title and always is decent because of their money
K-State - Early 90's to Mid 2000's was pretty salty

I'm not going to list everything out, but there are highs and lows. 90's to mid 2000's you could argue that conference had the best run. Wasn't too many doormats. NU is also going through one of it's worst times in program history. It isn't like the teams of the 70's-90's joined the Big 10. Hard to compare.

I wonder if UNL fans rue the day they ran Bo Pelini out of town. I get that he was a dick, but as best I recall, he could reliably be counted on for 8-10 wins per year. Here's guessing they'd take that in a heartbeat now. As Nebraska, if being a 2-point home dog to Indiana isn't rock bottom, I can't imagine what would be.

Reactions: TheGunner
I wonder if UNL fans rue the day they ran Bo Pelini out of town. I get that he was a dick, but as best I recall, he could reliably be counted on for 8-10 wins per year. Here's guessing they'd take that in a heartbeat now. As Nebraska, if being a 2-point home dog to Indiana isn't rock bottom, I can't imagine what would be.

Oh, wow. I haven't been paying attention, but ... wow.

It's one thing to be a 'dog, and another to lose the game. Let's just see how it plays out. I can't imagine IU beating NU, but dumber things have happened.

Oh, wow. I haven't been paying attention, but ... wow.

It's one thing to be a 'dog, and another to lose the game. Let's just see how it plays out. I can't imagine IU beating NU, but dumber things have happened.
Yeah, I have a really hard time seeing IU winning in Lincoln. They’ve played five bad to atrocious teams, one so-so team, and one great team, and have only beaten the bad/atrocious ones. Nebraska isn’t good by any stretch of the imagination, but I literally cannot remember IU ever beating a “name” team, much less on the road. Doubt it happens.

Reactions: TheGunner

Bo Pelini took them to the B1G championship game. I doubt they smell that in the next 2-3 years, JMO. That will be running up to a decade of futility.

How do you like me now? says Bo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT