ADVERTISEMENT

Injuries

FLAG HUNTER

Junior
Oct 2, 2014
Really sucks to have 2 left tackles hurt, Hunte , Bentley and TJ. Especially the seniors for their last season. Team giving everything they got, don't need injuries to these guys.

Reactions: boiler800
Sounds like Bentley, Hunte, and Herdman are game time decisions.

The Illini are pretty weak, so I can understand being cautious this week. I’d rest them and get them ready for NW and Iowa. Might be able to steal one of them.

We can make it OK without Herdman, but let's hope Hunte and Bentley are both ready.
I think the ones that are iffy will play the first portion of the game and rest as much as possible. If Purdue can get a nice lead 14-17 points, rest them as much as possible and bring them in when needed.

We can make it OK without Herdman, but let's hope Hunte and Bentley are both ready.
Hudson has been a decent backup to Bentley...the secondary does concern me a little without Hunte, but again, the Illini are awful.

I’d just rest these guys and get them healthy for NW & Iowa. Purdue will need to steal one of those to have ANY hope of going 6-6.

Do we have any back up OL tackles that are developing???? Please!
Illinois Defense has improved,are young and hungry.....Play action should be there ALL DAY!!!

The Illini are young but improving. If we're not near full strength this game could go either way.
You might be underestimating how bad they are. I’m not saying they don’t pose a threat - they do, but our backups should be able to hold their ground.

You might be underestimating how bad they are. I’m not saying they don’t pose a threat - they do, but our backups should be able to hold their ground.
I've seen too much of our backups to believe they are better than the Illinois starters. Missing a couple starters we can mask. Missing multiple offensive tackles, multiple linebackers, our best corner.. that's scary. I don't know which players have injuries that could be made worse by playing, but you can't sit guys like Bentley or Hunte if they are able to go.

We can put Ezechukwu back in Bentleys spot, not ideal but we could, then have Karlaftis dress and put him in Eze's spot!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT