ADVERTISEMENT

We are not alone unexpectedly losing stars

HUD628

Senior
Apr 11, 2007
Stud running back at Ole Miss entered the portal. A top 10 team at 11-2 and a contender next year and they can't even keep their guys. This kid has put up some seriously impressive numbers in 2 years. Who is giving him a giant bag?

Reactions: z_one and pboiler18
Not wishing any ill will on these guys, but some of these guys are going to see first hand that the grass ain't always greener on the other side.

If the ultimate goal is to get drafted as high as possible, some of these guys seem to be doing themselves a huge diservice only going for the 1 year bag which probably isn't even guaranteed.

Not wishing any ill will on these guys, but some of these guys are going to see first hand that the grass ain't always greener on the other side.

If the ultimate goal is to get drafted as high as possible, some of these guys seem to be doing themselves a huge diservice only going for the 1 year bag which probably isn't even guaranteed.
I think Kiffin sacrificed this RB to bring in the #1 portal class to be honest. Kid can go anywhere he wants, I'm sure he'll end up either at Bama or UGA, or somewhere else that will pay him too much money and not compete.

I can understand some of the players who were 4/5 stars who didn’t get a chance to play transferring. I can understand some of these players receiving 2x-5x more NIL. Money transferring.

But some of these moves make me wonder - who are these kids listening to and who is advising them? I am reminded of basketball player Eastern deciding to leave Purdue. He thought he was going to Michigan. That didn’t happen. He ended up never playing college basketball again. I fear the same is true for many of these other athletes.

had to be told by Saban to hit the road while walking to the locker room.
You're THINKING that, not knowing it, right? My thought was he probably had so many texted death threats from Bama fans he decided discretion was the better part of valor.

But if Saban DID do that, I'd hope that Bama could pick up the best snapper in the nation.

That is heavily indebted to the gambling syndicates.

I don’t know if the Bama center had problems snapping all year or if this was just a very unfortunate one game thing, but he certainly landed on his feet at OSU. I think he’s very good.

You're THINKING that, not knowing it, right? My thought was he probably had so many texted death threats from Bama fans he decided discretion was the better part of valor. But if that was true, I'd hope that Bama could pick up the best snapper in the nation.

That is heavily indebted to the gambling syndicates.
Yes thinking that. You are probably right.

I lived in Alabama and Georgia a few years. Their entire life revolves around their football team. It’s as if they own that team. Alabama IS their reason for living and the only sport other than NASCAR of any meaning to them. I would have no doubts the center who cost them their championship received death threats. I have no doubt those threats were real and would have been enacted on. Some of the people living in Alabama are scary especially when drunk and especially after a loss.

Reactions: Flot
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT