ADVERTISEMENT

Indinia is 6-0 and . . .

We all know Purdue hoops and gridsters are paid - at least some of them. We just don't know how much and how it compares with IU's mercenary teams.
Iu is shelling out more cash than Purdue at basketball. It’s how they land these high profile players. It’s why Sisley went. Good thing their issue wasn’t a lack of talent last year.

We all know Purdue hoops and gridsters are paid - at least some of them. We just don't know how much and how it compares with IU's mercenary teams.
Card is a bust.. Walters spent on the wrong guy. But last year, on on3, I saw multiple people who aren’t bs post that every scholarship basketball player got what card got. That shows you how low the commitment is here

Card is a bust.. Walters spent on the wrong guy. But last year, on on3, I saw multiple people who aren’t bs post that every scholarship basketball player got what card got. That shows you how low the commitment is here
So we should retain Walters and not try. Get it!

Or, you reset…find the best coach you can and give the fan base reasons to invest? Crazy huh?

Or are we still blaming Brohm?

So we should retain Walters and not try. Get it!

Or, you reset…find the best coach you can and give the fan base reasons to invest? Crazy huh?

Or are we still blaming Brohm?
I have told you 400 times I don’t care if we fire Walters today. Isn’t going to give the next coach seniors who can play or money

Indiana is 6-0 because of schedule but also, being a good team. It's both. Before last week, Indiana actually had a better SOS than Ohio State(like 108 to 109). Cignetti just told dudes who didn't want to buy in to leave. Dudes who wanted that soft Tom Allen coaching. Brought in some guys like Rourke, Sarratt and Fisher who were really good at Ohio and JMU. I don't think Indiana is anywhere near the level of Ohio State or Oregon or Penn State but they seem to be on the same level right now as at least Michigan for the moment.

Reactions: pboiler18
Indiana is 6-0 because of schedule but also, being a good team. It's both. Before last week, Indiana actually had a better SOS than Ohio State(like 108 to 109). Cignetti just told dudes who didn't want to buy in to leave. Dudes who wanted that soft Tom Allen coaching. Brought in some guys like Rourke, Sarratt and Fisher who were really good at Ohio and JMU. I don't think Indiana is anywhere near the level of Ohio State or Oregon or Penn State but they seem to be on the same level right now as at least Michigan for the moment.
Football is a team sport. When you scheme and have guys play together and cover up their weaknesses and accentuate what they are good at you can get a group to play above their individual talents.

Or you can have a poorly coached group that doesn’t trust each other and plays 1v11 every play.

Just look at our records to see which one works.

Football is a team sport. When you scheme and have guys play together and cover up their weaknesses and accentuate what they are good at you can get a group to play above their individual talents.

Or you can have a poorly coached group that doesn’t trust each other and plays 1v11 every play.

Just look at our records to see which one works.
I'd say Indiana has more talent and better coaching right now.

Cignetti seems like a likable guy. He’s going to get a ton of offers after the season is over. Hopefully he leaves.

It'll be interesting to see if he does leave. He's 62 and I don't think his wife wanted to leave JMU. So hopefully he feels like he's too old and this is his last stop.
62 isn’t that old and if he wants to win a championship he’ll have to leave to do it. He’s going to be a hot commodity this off-season. Brohm had only won 7 games his first season and already had UT calling.

Reactions: pu1985
62 isn’t that old and if he wants to win a championship he’ll have to leave to do it. He’s going to be a hot commodity this off-season.
62 isn't necessarily old but a program like Auburn, Florida State, Oklahoma, USC that could be looking for a new coach could see 62 as too old. Indiana definitely doesn't have near the money to compete with those guys either. So it'd have to hope he just wants to stay.

62 isn’t that old and if he wants to win a championship he’ll have to leave to do it. He’s going to be a hot commodity this off-season.
62 isn't necessarily old but a program like Auburn, Florida State, Oklahoma, USC that could be looking for a new coach could see 62 as too old. Indiana definitely doesn't have near the money to compete with those guys either. So it'd have to hope he just wants to stay.
They’re going to look at what he’s done at a program like Indiana and not care about his age. You’d better hope he has no plans to leave.

Reactions: pboiler18
I'm still a purdue fan. just not a fan of the idiots that post on this forum.

I give props to teams that deserve them. idinana deserves props. they are now 7-0 and just destroyed Nebraska, and their starting QB sat out the entire second half.

Purdue is not deserving of props.

Indiana hired a coach who had been a head coach for 14 years. Purdue hired a guy who was an assistant. it does make a difference.

I dislike people who call other people names, and berate other colleges just because it's not the one you graduated from. I also dislike people who berate people just because they are not jocks, or of the same race, religion, sex, or political agreement as you may be. I also dislike people who say they are Christian and sure don't act that way.

have I made myself clear ?

Pre-NIL/Portal thinking. Now it's all about the wins...immediately.

And furthermore just because I dislike certain posters on this forum doesn’t mean I m not a boilermaker fan. And it doesn’t give you cause to claim I am not a boilermaker fan or give you cause to claim I must be an IU fan.

Unlike many of you, I have several degrees from different universities and have also taught at several colleges. I could be a roadrunner fan or a Colonel fan or a war Eagle fan, or maybe a Bulls fan.

My experiences have taught me no one college or university is better than any other college. In the military they care where your degree is from as long as you have one. In teaching it doesn’t matter where your degree is from as long as you can convey a message and motivate people to learn.

I’m am very dispointed in many of you that the majority of your posts are nothing more than name calling and berating others. I guess this is what you do in your normal life to the people you meet and interact with? If true, I feel sorry for you!

My experiences have taught me no one college or university is better than any other college. In the military they care where your degree is from as long as you have one. In teaching it doesn’t matter where your degree is from as long as you can convey a message and motivate people to learn.
Have your experiences taught you that you might be wrong?

Did he get a cut of each player's payment from Cuban?
Instead of asking passive-aggressive questions, it would be better if you just plain said what you mean. It’s a Purdue board; if you have something negative/nasty to say about the IU Football team? Go for it!

So if you think the James Madison transfers really followed Cignetti to IU primarily because of an NIL payday, just say so.

No, it wasn’t because of a particular academic program. Not many IU players are in the Jacobs or Kelley schools, and not many Purdue players are studying mechanical engineering. And that’s fine.

They came because they were originally recruited to an FCS program, they believe in their coach, and they had a chance to play for him at a P4 program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT