ADVERTISEMENT

Is it in the water?

Schmedly_Whiplash

Sophomore
Nov 5, 2022
I don't think it's JUST because we're Boiler centric that it seems like 7'ers grow on trees these days. Fast growing trees.
SO many teams with 1 or 2 or FOUR (AZ?) 7's and if they aren't finished products offensively can still turn a game with their length and athleticism. Even underclassmen at smaller schools are eye opening at times.
I'm pretty certain all the training centers for agility and strength, plus skills camps, big man camps, aau and other year round playing, etc etc is the reason why so many of them talented.
But how do you grow more 7'ers like we "seemingly" do now? A part of me worries that HGH might be involved. Or other hormones from sources that shouldn't be there. (drinking water, etc) I understand the nutrition and genetics factors but plenty of these kids grew up eating MickyD's. And a lot them are 6" or more taller than dad.
????

I don't think it's JUST because we're Boiler centric that it seems like 7'ers grow on trees these days. Fast growing trees.
SO many teams with 1 or 2 or FOUR (AZ?) 7's and if they aren't finished products offensively can still turn a game with their length and athleticism. Even underclassmen at smaller schools are eye opening at times.
I'm pretty certain all the training centers for agility and strength, plus skills camps, big man camps, aau and other year round playing, etc etc is the reason why so many of them talented.
But how do you grow more 7'ers like we "seemingly" do now? A part of me worries that HGH might be involved. Or other hormones from sources that shouldn't be there. (drinking water, etc) I understand the nutrition and genetics factors but plenty of these kids grew up eating MickyD's. And a lot them are 6" or more taller than dad.
????
I think Samford uses a rack, but no question hormones in the food are in play and who knows what is in the MickyD's bionic burger.

I think Samford uses a rack, but no question hormones in the food are in play and who knows what is in the MickyD's bionic burger.

Endorsed whole-heartedly by Lee Majors.....bigger, better.....BEEFIER!

the-six-million-dollar-man-six-million-dollar-man.gif

????
Purdue will have 3 next year Berg 7'2", Burgess 6'11" and Jacobsen 7'3" at least. His dad say's he still has open growth plates. And you can bet on Burgess listed at 7'0" weather he grows another inch or not.

????
We’ve certainly come a long way since the days of Matt Ten Dammit!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT