ADVERTISEMENT

Indianapolis....Crossroads of America.

TwinDegrees2

All-American
Aug 8, 2009
North Central Indiana
Used to be a great city. Little crime, maybe 12 shootings a year. Hudnut mayor...Goldsmith mayor. Lugar mayor. Safe.

In the past two days, multiple shootings, couple of young black men dead, all in black neighborhoods.

One of the major homicide cities in America today but why?

After GOP Goldsmith, a rising super star, Bart Peterson was elected as a Democrat. Peterson was considered unbeatable and was being considered for Governor or US senator and some even were touting him as Presidential candidate, even by Republicans. But, after outspending Ballard...a virtually unknown by 20-1 he lost by 5.000+ votes. The reason for his defeat....high taxes and rising crime. He had lost the safety of the city and the Cost of Living was beginning to be too much.

Ballard was followed by Joe Hogsett, who has done noting but take a paycheck. Indy is dirtier, and more crime riddled with homicides under Hogsett at a rate of 10.6 homicides per 100,000 residents, Indianapolis' rate of intentional murder is greater than that of Chicago and several other large, regional U.S. cities.May 24, 2021.

DemocratsPeterson/Hogsett....Higher taxes and more black on black crime.

Get the picture yet? If not, read on.

The twenty cities in the United States with the highest murder rates (murders per 100,000 people) are:

1. St. Louis, MO (69.4)
  2. Baltimore, MD (51.1)
  3. New Orleans, LA (40.6)
  4. Detroit, MI (39.7)
  5. Cleveland, OH (33.7)
  6. Las Vegas, NV (31.4)
  7. Kansas City, MO (31.2)
  8. Memphis, TN (27.1)
  9. Newark, NJ (25.6)
  10. Chicago, IL (24)
  11. Cincinnati, OH (23.8)
  12. Philadelphia, PA (20.2)
  13. Milwaukee, WI (20.0)
  14. Tulsa OK (18.6) GOP
  15. Pittsburgh, PA (18.4)
  16. Indianapolis, IN (17.7)
  17. Louisville, KY (17.5)
  18. Oakland, CA (17.1)
  19. Washington D.C. (17.0)
  20. Atlanta, GA (16.7)
Out of the top 20 crime riddled cities, only one is a Republican.

NOW DO YOU GET IT?

Last edited:
Used to be a great city. Little crime, maybe 12 shootings a year. Hudnut mayor...Goldsmith mayor. Lugar mayor. Safe.

In the past two days, multiple shootings, couple of young black men dead, all in black neighborhoods.

After GOP Goldsmith, a rising super star, Bart Peterson was elected as a Democrat. Peterson was considered unbeatable and was being considered for Governor or US senator and some even were touting him as Presidential candidate, even by Republicans. But, after outspending Ballard...a virtually unknown by 20-1 he lost by 5.000+ votes. The reason for his defeat....high taxes and rising crime. He had lost the safety of the city and the Cost of Living was beginning to be too much.

Ballard was followed by Joe Hogsett, who has done noting but take a paycheck. Indy is dirtier, and more crime riddled with homicides under Hogsett at a rate of 10.6 homicides per 100,000 residents, Indianapolis' rate of intentional murder is greater than that of Chicago and several other large, regional U.S. cities.May 24, 2021.

The twenty cities in the United States with the highest murder rates (murders per 100,000 people) are:

1. St. Louis, MO (69.4)
  2. Baltimore, MD (51.1)
  4. Detroit, MI (39.7)
  5. Cleveland, OH (33.7)
  6. Las Vegas, NV (31.4)
  8. Memphis, TN (27.1)
  9. Newark, NJ (25.6)
  10. Chicago, IL (24)
  13. Milwaukee, WI (20.0)
  14. Tulsa OK (18.6) GOP
  18. Oakland, CA (17.1)
  20. Atlanta, GA (16.7)

NOW DO YOU GET IT?
How many of these lives lost are black lives and why aren’t we seeing Black Lives Matter protests in each of these cities every day? There must not be a political agenda to push!

How many of these lives lost are black lives and why aren’t we seeing Black Lives Matter protests in each of these cities every day? There must not be a political agenda to push!
I have yet been able to get a good answer from this forum. Under the powers that a mayor has, what would a repub mayor do different that will stop the murders? Don’t bring up stop and harass. It’s unconstitutional.

Reactions: DG Boiler
I have yet been able to get a good answer from this forum. Under the powers that a mayor has, what would a repub mayor do different that will stop the murders? Don’t bring up stop and harass. It’s unconstitutional.
Ask yourself and provide an answer..why are 19 of the worst crime ridden cities ran by Democrats and what have they failed to do. And it's stop and search.

Ask yourself and provide an answer..why are 19 of the worst crime ridden cities ran by Democrats and what have they failed to do. And it's stop and search.
We’ve been through this over and over. The dems run these cities because that is where most of the constituents that voted for them live. Plain and simple. There is nothing any mayor can do, dem or repub to lower the crime. No outside organization can lower the crime. The people living in these areas have to do it themselves. I don’t see that happening in the near future. As long as there is high demand for illegal drugs, the gangs and crime will never go away.

We’ve been through this over and over. The dems run these cities because that is where most of the constituents that voted for them live. Plain and simple. There is nothing any mayor can do, dem or repub to lower the crime. No outside organization can lower the crime. The people living in these areas have to do it themselves. I don’t see that happening in the near future. As long as there is high demand for illegal drugs, the gangs and crime will never go away.

Gotta disagree.
Like it or not, many democrats are anti-police/anti-LE. They don't want the optics to appear that they're targeting inner city/black on black crime because they'll receive backlash in the form of accusations, etc.

When LE doesn't have the backing of the mayor and city govt, it makes their jobs tougher. There are tons of examples of comments made by Dem mayors that blame police.

What do we elect people to do then? liberals say Biden can't do anything about numerous things , you say mayors can't do anything about problems. Just what is the purpose of the office and why do we vote for these people that can't do anything about problem issues?

What do we elect people to do then? liberals say Biden can't do anything about numerous things , you say mayors can't do anything about problems. Just what is the purpose of the office and why do we vote for these people that can't do anything about problem issues?
Liberal heads exploding on this one......

Gotta disagree.
Like it or not, many democrats are anti-police/anti-LE. They don't want the optics to appear that they're targeting inner city/black on black crime because they'll receive backlash in the form of accusations, etc.

When LE doesn't have the backing of the mayor and city govt, it makes their jobs tougher. There are tons of examples of comments made by Dem mayors that blame police.
Nope, that is not true 99% percent of the people in this country including Dems and repubs support police.

Nope, that is not true 99% percent of the people in this country including Dems and repubs support police.

But that 1% are Dem, lib, prog who live primarily in big cities. And they organize demonstrations/groups that are anti-police. anti-enforcing laws, cry bias all the time and just generally make city life difficult and frequently dangerous. They congregate in Democratic run cities because that is where they get the most support and sympathy from local leadership.
Do you think 19 out of 20 is a statistical anomaly? It is not a coincidence- there is a significant factor in play here and you argue against at all of our peril. What is the democratic local leadership doing that the Republicans are not? That should be what concerns all of us, even you and yours.

Who cares? The same few blocks of town have been shooting it out for decades. They don't want it fixed. The mayor hired 50 "peacemakers" the other day. Just like the 10 mayors before him. Maybe another Thousand Points of Light commision will do the trick. Maybe more pastors need to march in broad daylight on a Tuesday to solve the problem.

This is the guy who sparked BLM protests in Indy.

This guy was HONORED BY THE NFL. You could get him on your helmet.

How do you solve that?

Last edited:
Who cares? The same few blocks of town have been shooting it out for decades. They don't want it fixed. The mayor hired 50 "peacemakers" the other day. Just like the 10 mayors before him. Maybe another Thousand Points of Light commision will do the trick. Maybe more pastors need to march in broad daylight on a Tuesday to solve the problem.

This is the guy who sparked BLM protests in Indy.

This guy was HONORED BY THE NFL. You could get him on your helmet.

How do you solve that?
It's the culture. The libs and lefties don't want it solved because that would be seen as racist.

1. St. Louis, MO (69.4)
  2. Baltimore, MD (51.1)
  4. Detroit, MI (39.7)
  5. Cleveland, OH (33.7)
  6. Las Vegas, NV (31.4)
  8. Memphis, TN (27.1)
  9. Newark, NJ (25.6)
  10. Chicago, IL (24)
  13. Milwaukee, WI (20.0)
  14. Tulsa OK (18.6) GOP
  18. Oakland, CA (17.1)
  20. Atlanta, GA (16.7)

NOW DO YOU GET IT?
Hogsett has an alcohol problem.

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
It's cute you want to pretend Indianapolis was ever a safe city. I remember when it was called Indianoplace.

Stay out of the Meadows!

Profile the **** out of the people walking the street. Crush the gangs. Crack down hard on minor offenses. Clean up graffiti and derelict buildings. Institute tax free and regulation free enterprise zones. Cut welfare for drug addicts and criminals.

Nice try and noble attempt. However, all that you have mentioned has been done throughout the years.

Profiling - Not a big fan. Leads to harassment and law abiding citizens like me getting stopped and harassed by police. Not constitutional anyway. I know you wont be a fan if we profile every white boy between the ages of 15 to 18 years old to try and prevent school shootings.

Crush the gangs - No offer no specifics. Can't speak for other cities but in Chicago as part of "cracking down" on the gangs, years ago the gang leaders of a lot of the gangs have been incarcerated. This may have exasperated the gang problem and murders we are seeing today as there is no more control of the younger bangers. These bangers are running wild in the streets. A lot of these murders appear to me as gang initiation killings called "putting in work".

Crack down on minor offenses - Again, sounds good. However, where are you going to put them. The prisons are full. Already have been done that has lead to discrepancies in sentencing. Blacks have always been sentenced to harsher sentencing for lesser or equal crimes compared to whites. That is why I have always said that there are 2 justice systems in the US, one for whites and one for blacks.

Clean up graffiti and derelict buildings - Chicago has done a decent job of that for the city of its size. Gary, IN on the other hand are just now tearing down abandon buildings.

Cut welfare for drug addicts and criminals - Currently being done. No change in the violence, perhaps worse since they now need money.

Nice try and noble attempt. However, all that you have mentioned has been done throughout the years.

Profiling - Not a big fan. Leads to harassment and law abiding citizens like me getting stopped and harassed by police. Not constitutional anyway. I know you wont be a fan if we profile every white boy between the ages of 15 to 18 years old to try and prevent school shootings.

Crush the gangs - No offer no specifics. Can't speak for other cities but in Chicago as part of "cracking down" on the gangs, years ago the gang leaders of a lot of the gangs have been incarcerated. This may have exasperated the gang problem and murders we are seeing today as there is no more control of the younger bangers. These bangers are running wild in the streets. A lot of these murders appear to me as gang initiation killings called "putting in work".

Crack down on minor offenses - Again, sounds good. However, where are you going to put them. The prisons are full. Already have been done that has lead to discrepancies in sentencing. Blacks have always been sentenced to harsher sentencing for lesser or equal crimes compared to whites. That is why I have always said that there are 2 justice systems in the US, one for whites and one for blacks.

Clean up graffiti and derelict buildings - Chicago has done a decent job of that for the city of its size. Gary, IN on the other hand are just now tearing down abandon buildings.

Cut welfare for drug addicts and criminals - Currently being done. No change in the violence, perhaps worse since they now need money.
BNI....if it saves one kid's life, profile the hell out of them. But then ya'll can't cry racism anymore. Oh, and where are the fathers to instill discipline?

What part of unconstitutional don’t y’all understand?
What part of there is a reason certain profiles would be more likely to be searched? Maybe Y'all should clean up your act overall . I was at grocery today and there were only two people with hoods up inside the store out of a large crowd. Y'all can make your own assumptions on who they were.

Reactions: SKYDOG and BoilerJS
What part of there is a reason certain profiles would be more likely to be searched? Maybe Y'all should clean up your act overall . I was at grocery today and there were only two people with hoods up inside the store out of a large crowd. Y'all can make your own assumptions on who they were.
What were the 2 people with hoods doing?

So you'd rather have kids die than to let cops stop and search?
First of all, you need to take that up with the Supreme Court.

Secondly when stop and harass was tried and failed in NYC, the cops were not only stopping any, and I mean any black person they could find, they were stopping blacks that did not have just cause to stop. They were stopping and harassing blacks going to work, shopping, going to the city colleges etc. I work and play in Chicago every week, I dont want to be stopped and harassed for nothing and being black.

Stop and harass did not work.

What were the 2 people with hoods doing?
Calling attention to themselves by looking a helluva lot more suspicious than all the other people who weren't wearing them. I find it odd to see 2 people with masks on and hoods pulled tight around their face inside of a store on fairly decent weather day

It has nothing to with gangs. Thats some 80s shit. All of the shootings today are about 'beefs'. There isn't a 'gang' angle. It is just young black men settling scores with bullets.

Tyrone got dissed so now he has to shoot up Jamal's nephew's birthday party at the park.

Who cares?

It has nothing to with gangs. Thats some 80s shit. All of the shootings today are about 'beefs'. There isn't a 'gang' angle. It is just young black men settling scores with bullets.

Tyrone got dissed so now he has to shoot up Jamal's nephew's birthday party at the park.

Who cares?
It is both gangs and settling beefs.

Calling attention to themselves by looking a helluva lot more suspicious than all the other people who weren't wearing them. I find it odd to see 2 people with masks on and hoods pulled tight around their face inside of a store on fairly decent weather day
Therein lies the problem, you just racially profiled them. Profiling blacks with hoodies is what got Treyvon Martin killed.

Reactions: BuilderBob6
Therein lies the problem, you just racially profiled them. Profiling blacks with hoodies is what got Treyvon Martin killed.
You don't get it. The problem is when people do stupid stuff that calls attention to themselves whatever color ,it is what people see. profiling happens for a reason. Why do it then? If you arent up to something why look like you are? I never said they were black you did. What possible reason is having hoodies pulled tight around your face inside out of any weather is there? Wearing your damn pants so low you have to walk like a duck to keep them from falling down? I look at them as stupid people , white,black whatever. You are the one who said these two were black.

Reactions: SKYDOG
You don't get it. The problem is when people do stupid stuff that calls attention to themselves whatever color ,it is what people see. profiling happens for a reason. Why do it then? If you arent up to something why look like you are? I never said they were black you did. What possible reason is having hoodies pulled tight around your face inside out of any weather is there? Wearing your damn pants so low you have to walk like a duck to keep them from falling down? I look at them as stupid people , white,black whatever. You are the one who said these two were black.
What color were they then?

What color were they then?
Doe sit matter? Only to you as color is all that matters to you. I was pointing out that things like that are a reason for suspicion and even you surmised they were black. Do you think there is no basis for what cops observe? Sure some base completely on race/color but a lot look at behavior and tendencies. Stereotypes don't just come from nothing. Funny there is a show on a black tv channel called something like Stupid sh*t white people do.......Ok, there is a lot, but how would Stupid sh*t black people do go over? Y'all do a lot of stupid sh*t too.

Reactions: goboilers2
Revisionist history, much? Martin turned around and jumped the Latino named Zimmerman. That is what got him killed. I am guessing you followed MSNBC or CNN or listened to Sharpton, during the whole trial .

Revisionist history, much? Martin turned around and jumped the Latino named Zimmerman. That is what got him killed. I am guessing you followed MSNBC or CNN or listened to Sharpton, during the whole trial .

Where are you getting this objective story of what happened?

• Haha
Reactions: FreedomWins
I watched the trial live almost every day. I've been this so many time with y'all. What got Treyvon killed was that a jackass disobeyed police orders over the phone to stand down. Do not follow and wait for the police. But no. He went on to follow Treyvon. Confronted him. They fought. Zimmerman was getting his ass whupped. Zimmerman pulls out a gun and shoots him. Zimmerman then uses the stand your ground law and gets aquitted even though he was the aggressor when he followed and confronted Treyvon. I'll say it and I'll say it again, stand your ground laws don't work for black people. By the way, Zimmerman is also white. His dad is German. A judge himself if I recall. Sounds like you followed Faux News, particular Hannity who helped raise money for the jackass.

Reactions: z_one
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT