ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois

I’m a diehard Boiler fan. I was in HS the last time we were at the F4. We have had great teams that never returned. After 42 years many other B1G teams have made it to F4’s but not Purdue. The bracket is falling into place perfectly for Purdue but lets see if Purdue takes advantage of it. If not, it won’t be to bad refs, cheating teams. It will be due to another choke
As a Purdue fan, I usually declare a loss before they play as well. Yeah, you're die hard...🙄

Reactions: clankhan
Maybe you and Matty should get together and kick rocks. You two snowflakes melt when people don't conform to your bullshit narratives. Just have your period and get it over with Karen. Triggered much?
Looks like the intelligence is coming out again. I'd bet money you never graduated from Purdue...

Reactions: mathboy
I’m a diehard Boiler fan. I was in HS the last time we were at the F4. We have had great teams that never returned. After 42 years many other B1G teams have made it to F4’s but not Purdue. The bracket is falling into place perfectly for Purdue but lets see if Purdue takes advantage of it. If not, it won’t be to bad refs, cheating teams. It will be due to another choke
Yes, but the lady on this board is mad at you. LOL Watch out or you'll be put in Mattys "doghouse" and called a "shit" because your opinion makes them melt.

Looks like the intelligence is coming out again. I'd bet money you never graduated from Purdue...
Meh, poke the bear. Then run a scream victim? Do you seriously think I'm going to waste time convincing you I'm a grad? Please, you're not that important. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: BSIT
Exactly. We are both Boiler fans but not delusional about our tournament performance in the past. A little tough love never hurt anyone
"Tough love". That what you give ur GF or wife when she doesn't follow the narrative?

I never declared a Purdue loss. I said IF we lost what the typical excuses will be
And I quote:. "I’m watching and am preparing for the meltdown later today. Excuses get old."

So, are you preparing for a meltdown because we win the game?

I was kind of bummed by the bad luck of our draw (even if I think seeding is overrated). However, we've had several fortuitous results in our region. I won't be blaming any disappointing results by the Boilermakers on bad luck in our draw this time. Any Final Four team should be able to beat a middling Texas team.

• Love
Reactions: DAG10 and BSIT
I was kind of bummed by the bad luck of our draw (even if I think seeding is overrated). However, we've had several fortuitous results in our region. I won't be blaming any disappointing results by the Boilermakers on bad luck in our draw this time. Any Final Four team should be able to beat a middling Texas team.
This, I am "expecting" a hard fought win.

.It was just phone calls/text messages that are now permitted, right?
Sampson was ahead of the game then with cheating, and, I have no doubt, remains ahead of it now...although now that the NCAA has essentially declared essentially anything to now be permitted, it makes it so much easier for him.

Sampson sucks as a human being, but, he knows how to coach basketball/win games...all that matters at some places

Bad start for the Big.
Could be a REALLY long day for the conference...

Illinois has been a mess for a bit...should have lost to Iowa to close out conference play...looked awful against Indinia in BTT...looked bad the other night against UT-C...and, just looked bad again today...they have been bad for a couple of weeks and, like Purdue at times this year, played with fire too many times and got the ultimate resultant burn as such today.

I am curious to see what comes out of it...Curbelo glued to the bench can't be a good thing certainly...does Cockburn come back...again? His game does not translate to NBA, but, Illinois is/was better at times with him not on the floor...losing Frazier and Plummer (and Williams to a lesser extent) will take a toll as well.

What does graduating matter on a sports topic forum? I never went to college anywhere but am doing pretty good financially. Actually a lot better than most college grads that I know. As far as rooting for Purdue, I have family members that went to and graduated from Purdue. Since I was in jr high I have gone to and rooted for Purdue because of close proximity and love of college sports. The farmer I worked for when I was in school was a Purdue grad and was actually the one who got me started on liking them. Boiler Up

Shows again what turnovers and not hitting open shit can do to a team. Also think Kofi was getting mugged with no calls, hopefully we get a better whistle tonight.
But that is it...the whistles, or, lack thereof MATTER...especially for teams like Illinois and Purdue that play through their bigs...there is no other team in the country probably impacted or affected more than Purdue for that matter.

Whistles matter, and, have not been in Purdue's favor much of the year...and, you hit on the other two keys for Purdue...turnovers...and, open shots (and add to it FTs in Purdue's case).

Reactions: Boiler_HD
It was just phone calls/text messages that are now permitted, right?
But that was the rule then. I guess all those bootleggers' convictions can be overturned now that FDR overturned Prohibition. And I guess all those folks who got speeding tickets during the 55 MPH speed limit on the interstates are due to a refund on their fines now.

The simple point is that Sampson violated the rules in effect THEN. Subsequent change has nothing to do with the transgression at the time. Since we would never know what rules might change in the future, how could we punish violations now if we were to use your implied logic?

Last edited:
Reactions: DAG10
It’s the refs fault. Lol
Not their fault, but, they absolutely played a part...and, it is not just fair to call/point it out, but, it should be called out.

I already said it...I watched that game and saw it as a preview of what I expect to happen tonight in the Purdue game...Texas will foul and be physical, and, more so if allowed to be more than normal...and that is exactly what happened today in the Illinois game...Houston was just beating the hell out of Illinois everywhere, and, they were allowed to...it was their plan going in...just as it will be for Texas...refs allowed it there and it made things incredibly tough for Illinois...same will be true tonight if Texas is allowed to do the same...that is not an excuse, it is a fact.

Reactions: BBG and indyogb
And I quote:. "I’m watching and am preparing for the meltdown later today. Excuses get old."

So, are you preparing for a meltdown because we win the game?
For full context
I’m watching and am preparing for the meltdown later today. Excuses get old. If Purdue loses it will be any other reason than Purdue just lost another NCAA game.

17 turnovers and giving up 15 offensive boards is a recipe for disaster.
Houston played harder, smarter and better...they executed their plan at both ends to virtual perfection.

I hate that they are allowed to get away with what they do defensively, but, not their fault...

They outworked Illinois today...

Like say, Illinois had trended bad for a couple of weeks, and, they ran into a Houston team that was just a really, really bad matchup for them...and, Houston executed as I said.

What does graduating matter on a sports topic forum? I never went to college anywhere but am doing pretty good financially. Actually a lot better than most college grads that I know. As far as rooting for Purdue, I have family members that went to and graduated from Purdue. Since I was in jr high I have gone to and rooted for Purdue because of close proximity and love of college sports. The farmer I worked for when I was in school was a Purdue grad and was actually the one who got me started on liking them. Boiler Up
You're not the one acting like a moron and thinking you're the smart one, like the guy I'm calling out...

Reactions: C'ville Boiler
You're not the one acting like a moron and thinking you're the smart one, like the guy I'm calling out...
You're the snowflake moron who can't stomach any opinion but your own. My comment wasn't even directed at you, but you forced your way into it. Ignore us and go exist in your sanitized echo chamber.

It doesn't. It only matters when he doesn't like your opinion. Nothing to see here. I don't care if you're a grad, dropout or just a fan.

You're the snowflake moron who can't stomach any opinion but your own. My comment wasn't even directed at you, but you forced your way into it. Ignore us and go exist in your sanitized echo chamber.
He can’t even read my entire comment. Sad he purposely left out IF in my comment that triggered him. If you listened to him you’d think I was cheering for Texas. Nothing can be further from the truth. I’ll be cheering for Purdue but anticipate the usual sad excuses if we don’t win

Reactions: boiler-deuce
For full context
I’m watching and am preparing for the meltdown later today. Excuses get old. If Purdue loses it will be any other reason than Purdue just lost another NCAA game.
Oh you can take it to the bank that if we lose, there will be a plethora of people having a meltdown on here. Some with some very low post counts as well as it happens every time we lose and likely will be a whole new level should we not make it past Texas.

The meltdown will be followed by posts about firing Painter (which isn't happening) and my favorite "settling" on things as if any of us had any real impact on the basketball program. I could go on, but you get the gist I think.

Emotions will run high ........even with a win........ and in a couple days cooler heads will prevail.

Regardless, Painter is recruiting well and building a very solid program for the future, it just doesn't match some posters "time table". But that doesn't take anything away from what a great coach he is and one that I feel is right on the cusp of getting a FF or deeper whether it is this year, or in the near future.

Reactions: mathboy and BSIT
CMP has definitely improved. Willing to adjust game style unlike Keady but needs to break through. This is one of his best opportunities
To your point, he really does adjust his style and it started really with Carsen. He's not nearly as "stubborn" as people think, he just matches what he can and can't do to the players which is smart.

Think about it, he had a really good opportunity with the Baby Boilers but ... well we won't mention why that didn't happen.. then the Administration screwed him over and he was limited ... fast forward to Carsen when he finally got the players to help him change and just a couple years later it's there again (maybe not quite as good as with Carsen though).

And if you look at what he is bringing in, he has some outstanding players and is showing again and again that he is a great judge of skill. Sure not always perfect, but no one is.

CMP has definitely improved. Willing to adjust game style unlike Keady but needs to break through. This is one of his best opportunities
Just make sure after the game you have a high enough "post count" or that you're a "Grad". Those are low hanging fruit when your opinion is not liked. That and literally NOBODY has called for Painter to be fired in years, but that dead horse will be dragged out as well. Everything but the subject will be discussed.

Granderson's injury really hurt them. Hawkins has potential, but does some boneheaded stuff and Granderson being that 4th big guard opened up things more for Cockburn. Frazier and Plummer also leveled off quite a bit in the last month or so. They will likely need to hit transfer portal hard to be relevant next year. Seems like a good time for Underwood to head to K-State.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT