ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois

Just make sure after the game you have a high enough "post count" or that you're a "Grad". Those are low hanging fruit when your opinion is not liked. That and literally NOBODY has called for Painter to be fired in years, but that dead horse will be dragged out as well. Everything but the subject will be discussed.
I went on record a few years ago saying how impressed I was with CMP adjusting his offense style and improved recruiting. Unfortunately areas for improvement aren’t allowed (player rotations). Sad thing is this was all triggered by my comment that Sampson was the best coach since Knight at IU.

• Haha
Reactions: boiler-deuce
Granderson's injury really hurt them. Hawkins has potential, but does some boneheaded stuff and Granderson being that 4th big guard opened up things more for Cockburn. Frazier and Plummer also leveled off quite a bit in the last month or so. They will likely need to hit transfer portal hard to be relevant next year. Seems like a good time for Underwood to head to K-State.

Agree on Granderson....it also didn't help getting nothing offensively from Da'Monte Williams, either. I think Curbelo being out for that extended period and not being able to practice much was also a factor. Still, I thought they could make a run each of the last two years. Melendez, Hawkins, and Goode have some talent, but they will miss Frazier and Cockburn (if he leaves), naturally.

Not their fault, but, they absolutely played a part...and, it is not just fair to call/point it out, but, it should be called out.

I already said it...I watched that game and saw it as a preview of what I expect to happen tonight in the Purdue game...Texas will foul and be physical, and, more so if allowed to be more than normal...and that is exactly what happened today in the Illinois game...Houston was just beating the hell out of Illinois everywhere, and, they were allowed to...it was their plan going in...just as it will be for Texas...refs allowed it there and it made things incredibly tough for Illinois...same will be true tonight if Texas is allowed to do the same...that is not an excuse, it is a fact.
This reminded me of going into the half of the BTT game against Iowa. Fran was being interviewed and said almost apologetically that they were playing defense like this because they had to. Seemed like he was inferring that he was taking the approach of 'they can't call all of the fouls'.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT