ADVERTISEMENT

If I were king …

The NE free throw thing is a real problem. If we ever go up on a team what is stopping them from just hacking NE and sending him to the line? There goes our lead. He would have to go to the bench as he is a liability in that area. I'm disappointed more work was not done on this during the off season.
I just don't understand NE's FT shooting form... I hadn't seen him shoot a FT until the ND game, and my first thoughts were (since I'm not as quick to blame the coaches for something that he can fix himself) "why hasn't he taken the bull by the horns and fixed this?" Surely the coaches are working with him on this, but it doesn't appear to be helping. It actually seems worse than last year.

I agree with the video TJ posted on form. Shoot FT with one hand basically. It's more of a pure way to shoot. A coach once told me it's BEEF: Balance the ball, Eyes on rim, Elbow in and Follow through. Also, put the ball in your hand, and practice shooting it to yourself, straight up and down. Backspin. Repetition. Command.
And watch TJ's videos.

I just don't understand NE's FT shooting form... I hadn't seen him shoot a FT until the ND game, and my first thoughts were (since I'm not as quick to blame the coaches for something that he can fix himself) "why hasn't he taken the bull by the horns and fixed this?" Surely the coaches are working with him on this, but it doesn't appear to be helping. It actually seems worse than last year.
Saturday was the first time I really got a good look at it too. Had lower level seats with a great profile view of his 4 attempts. It was horrible. Nearly everyone in our row and around us had some variation of groan, laughter, or practically audible cringe. I was having flashbacks to watching Butler’s Roosevelt Jones shooting free throws a couple years ago. Jones’ were even uglier looking... but they went in at a higher rate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT