ADVERTISEMENT

If Chauvin is acquitted.....

Yes he described it that way when asked what he told FBI agents when interviewed by them. He described it as a “fatal” dose and he confirmed that when questioned by Nelson.
Again, a comment taken completely out of context. The ME said he would've ruled toxic level of Fentanyl as cause of death under two conditions:

1) If he was found dead alone in his home with this same level of toxicity.
2) "If not for" the presence of other causes of death.

To be perfectly clear: George Floyd was NOT found dead alone in his home.

To be perfectly clear, in the opinion of all of the prosecution's medical expert witnesses: If Derek Chauvin had not knelt on George Floyd's neck for 9 minutes, he would not have been dead in the first place.

That is the prosecutions' case; that is the standard of proof. The prosecution brought in a lineup of expert witnesses that testified under oath to those points, and two separate autopsies made those same points. The defense was unable to directly refute them, and was unable to create reasonable doubt that Floyd died from any other cause because those conditions existed. "Undetermined" was the best they could come up with, and that from a witness whose credibility was somewhat questionable.

From the outside and watching how you post across this message board, you are no better than anyone else because your opinions don't indicate any kind of balance. They are all skewed in one particular direction. That is not "objective" in the least.

As to the reasonable doubt comment - yes, I think it's intended to be high... but the word "reasonable" has meaning. When three different medical professionals testify to the same cause of death, and two independent autopsies are provided that come to the same conclusion, you've eliminated "reasonable" if you're still "in doubt". What you're doing is called "reaching", not "reasonable doubt".

The best the defense could come up with was a guy who said cause of death should've been "undetermined". He wasn't even willing to go on the record as saying Floyd died from something other than asphyxiation. He wasn't willing to provide an alternate cause of death to the "homicide".
----
This was the star medical witnesses' testimony: ""In my opinion, Mr. Floyd had a sudden cardiac arrhythmia ... due to his atherosclerotic and hypertensive heart disease ... during his restraint and subdual by the police," Fowler said.

If I hear that, and I'm in the jury, my first question is: "Well, would he have had the cardiac arrest absent the subdual and restraint by police?"
----
Further:
"Do you feel that Mr. Floyd should have been given immediate emergency attention to try to reverse the cardiac arrest?"

"As a physician, I would agree," he said.

"Are you critical of the fact that he wasn't given immediate emergency care when he went into cardiac arrest?"

"As a physician, I would agree," Fowler repeated.
----

So again, police are trained to render aid. As a juror, if the police do not render aid once Floyd is unresponsive, they contribute to his death - man-made death... homicide.

The defense witness could not provide alternate theories to create reasonable doubt that did not exclude Chauvin's actions (and inactions) as contributing causes to Floyd's death. In order to win on Man 2, they had to prove that Floyd would have died anyway.

Case closed. After Floyd's testimony, Chauvin was going to be found guilty of Man 2, at least.

Derek Chauvin killed George Floyd. There is no one who was presented in court who testified differently. Thus, there is no reasonable doubt as pertains to "homicide". If you want to argue "Murder", then we can certainly do that. But your argument regarding the medical cause of death is "reaching", not "reasonable doubt".
like I keep pointing out, there's a reason they couldn't get any medical expert to come and defend the silly points they likes of jcrist wants to hold on to.

No, unlike most other medications, there's no universal fatal dose of opiates due to something called tolerance. So anytime you hear someone reporting he had fatal dose of fentanyl in his system, that's just someone making a medically ignorant statement. You will be shocked at the dose some people can tolerate and still function. That death we all saw is not consistent with opiate overdose period. There's no legit medical expert that will come and testify otherwise. Even the witness the defense went and dug out won't dare suggest such rubbish. An excited person is not dying from opiate overdose, I don't care what levels you measure in his system.

Instead of trying to pass fake money, let's say Floyd tried to rob the store by putting his hand in his coat pocket and making it look like he had a gun even though he didn't. Let's say the store owner did have a gun and shot Floyd dead. Would Floyd be responsible for his death in that situation?
so now instead of focussing on what he actually did (by the way, there is no proof anywhere that the bill he passed was fake), we have to imagine him hypothetically commit a crime, so we can justify his death. You truly are pathetic

I'm pro gay marriage and pro choice.
That’s not “woke” enough
Again, a comment taken completely out of context. The ME said he would've ruled toxic level of Fentanyl as cause of death under two conditions:

1) If he was found dead alone in his home with this same level of toxicity.
2) "If not for" the presence of other causes of death.

To be perfectly clear: George Floyd was NOT found dead alone in his home.

To be perfectly clear, in the opinion of all of the prosecution's medical expert witnesses: If Derek Chauvin had not knelt on George Floyd's neck for 9 minutes, he would not have been dead in the first place.

That is the prosecutions' case; that is the standard of proof. The prosecution brought in a lineup of expert witnesses that testified under oath to those points, and two separate autopsies made those same points. The defense was unable to directly refute them, and was unable to create reasonable doubt that Floyd died from any other cause because those conditions existed. "Undetermined" was the best they could come up with, and that from a witness whose credibility was somewhat questionable.
Then baker is completely contradicting himself by on one hand saying the fentanyl couldn’t have killed him but then admits the condition existed that if he were found alone it could have. And no one has argued that Chauvin’s actions didn’t contribute to his death, it’s to what degree and how did other factors contribute that have been questioned.

That’s not “woke” enough

Then baker is completely contradicting himself by on one hand saying the fentanyl couldn’t have killed him but then admits the condition existed that if he were found alone it could have. And no one has argued that Chauvin’s actions didn’t contribute to his death, it’s to what degree and how did other factors contribute that have been questioned.
you are an idiot. If he was found alone and died by himself, yes we will explore what likely could have caused the death of someone who died by themself.

But that's not happened here. things did happen to GF. Things that can cause death like hypoxia from his breathing being restricted. There's sufficient findings in his autopsy to support that as cause of death. That other things can cause death in some other circumstances is irrelevant.

like I keep pointing out, there's a reason they couldn't get any medical expert to come and defend the silly points they likes of jcrist wants to hold on to.

No, unlike most other medications, there's no universal fatal dose of opiates due to something called tolerance. So anytime you hear someone reporting he had fatal dose of fentanyl in his system, that's just someone making a medically ignorant statement. You will be shocked at the dose some people can tolerate and still function. That death we all saw is not consistent with opiate overdose period. There's no legit medical expert that will come and testify otherwise. Even the witness the defense went and dug out won't dare suggest such rubbish. An excited person is not dying from opiate overdose, I don't care what levels you measure in his system.
So using your medical expertise, you should know that not all overdoses, even from the same substance always look the same? But I know you know that. There are different variables that go into that. You ever personally witnessed someone overdosing on fentanyl or heroin? What about someone speedballing?And what would you describe as the reason for Floyd’s behavior that day? You know, the slobbering, trouble breathing prior to the restraint, confusion, inability to talk, or at least make sense, having trouble standing? And what evidence is there of him having a high tolerance? I thought he was a reformed man? No one would testify for the defense because no one wants to voluntarily ruin their life thanks to the liberal mob of social justice warriors.

you are an idiot. If he was found alone and died by himself, yes we will explore what likely could have caused the death of someone who died by themself.

But that's not happened here. things did happen to GF. Things that can cause death like hypoxia from his breathing being restricted. There's sufficient findings in his autopsy to support that as cause of death. That other things can cause death in some other circumstances is irrelevant.
Coming from you, Doogie, I’ll take that as a compliment.

So using your medical expertise, you should know that not all overdoses, even from the same substance always look the same? But I know you know that. There are different variables that go into that. You ever personally witnessed someone overdosing on fentanyl or heroin? What about someone speedballing?And what would you describe as the reason for Floyd’s behavior that day? You know, the slobbering, trouble breathing prior to the restraint, confusion, inability to talk, or at least make sense, having trouble standing? And what evidence is there of him having a high tolerance? I thought he was a reformed man? No one would testify for the defense because no one wants to voluntarily ruin their life thanks to the liberal mob of social justice warriors.
who cares about all this rubbish. His speech was very clear to me, when he stated "everything hurts, I can't breathe. mama! mama! I can't breathe"

I don't need to know that he is tolerant and its not relevant. I am just telling you that there is no universally fatal opiate dose None. So saying he had a fatal dose of opiate in him is meaningless.

His speech seems super clear to me in the moments before his death. It wasn't slurred, it was clear.

Stop bringing the GF was complaining of not breathing up, it only makes Derek Chauvin's actions and inactions worse. So if someone is complaining of inability to breathe, why then place them in the one position that further compromises breathing.

Let's examine how absurd this point is. Someone is complaining they can't breathe, so you then choke them some and the person dies. Now you want to blame their death from hypoxia on them not being able to breathe prior to you choking them. you are a tool! Go away!

you should have volunteered for the defense team as an expert witness, so you can go put these your idiotic and sophomoric points up. you are an idiot. There's partisanship, then there's idiocy. You, sir, are the latter.

Last edited:
Reactions: BNIBoiler
who cares about all this rubbish. His speech was very clear to me, when he stated "everything hurts, I can't breathe. mama! mama! I can't breathe"

I don't need to know that he is tolerant and its not relevant. I am just telling you that there is no universally fatal opiate dose None. So saying he had a fatal dose of opiate in him is meaningless.

His speech seems super clear to me in the moments before his death. It wasn't slurred, it was clear.

Stop bringing the GF was complaining of not breathing up, it only makes Derek Chauvin's actions and inactions worse. So if someone is complaining of inability to breathe, why then place them in the one position that further compromises breathing.

Let's examine how absurd this point. Someone is complaining they can't breathe, so you then choke them some and the person dies. Now you want to blame their death from hypoxia on them not being able to breathe prior to you choking them. you are a tool!
Yeah, that’s what I was arguing. Nice job fabricating an argument I never made. I never justified Chauvin’s actions or said what he did was right, so you can stop right there with that shit.
I asked a question; if there were no other medical issues, or external factors prior to the restraint, then why was he complaining of not being able to breath prior? Come on man, it’s a simple question for someone of your expertise and qualifications.
And you think his speech is clear in that video? And that he doesn’t appear impaired? WTF?
Aww, and now here comes the name calling! How sweet and liberal of you.

Last edited:
What's unadvanced is that 64% of black children grow up in a single parent family. That's another thing that's not "advanced". And then we wonder why there aren't good role models for young black men. Black men and women being responsible for their children would be a good first step toward "advancement"...

so now instead of focussing on what he actually did (by the way, there is no proof anywhere that the bill he passed was fake), we have to imagine him hypothetically commit a crime, so we can justify his death. You truly are pathetic
You're missing the point. If he faked having a gun and was shot, you still wouldn't blame his death on his own actions. You're not willing to hold him accountable for anything.

If the bill wasn't fake, and he knew it wasn't fake, why didn't he just get in the police car instead of fighting the cops and resisting.

But it's funny how criminals tend to draw the attention of law enforcement while people who don't commit crimes, don't.

Yeah, that’s what I was arguing. Nice job fabricating an argument I never made. I never justified Chauvin’s actions or said what he did was right, so you can stop right there with that shit.
I asked a question; if there were no other medical issues, or external factors prior to the restraint, then why was he complaining of not being able to breath prior? Come on man, it’s a simple question for someone of your expertise and qualifications.
And you think his speech is clear in that video? And that he doesn’t appear impaired? WTF?
and my answer is those are irrelevant, because he died from hypoxia which can be explained by the positions that Derek Chauvin and other officers placed him in.

Asking if some other things in his medical history can hypothetically cause death. sure they can. what's the point? a bajillion and one things can cause death. But why distract ourselves with those things when the the thing that did cause death is there.

That’s not “woke” enough

ha ha. I know. I'm clearly not woke enough for lefty libs. Excuse me while I go apologize for my whiteness.

You're missing the point. If he faked having a gun and was shot, you still wouldn't blame his death on his own actions. You're not willing to hold him accountable for anything.

If the bill wasn't fake, and he knew it wasn't fake, why didn't he just get in the police car instead of fighting the cops and resisting.

But it's funny how criminals tend to draw the attention of law enforcement while people who don't commit crimes, don't.
so he resisted arrest, therefore he was guilty of some crime. Outstanding reasoning there!

What's unadvanced is that 64% of black children grow up in a single parent family. That's another thing that's not "advanced". And then we wonder why there aren't good role models for young black men. Black men and women being responsible for their children would be a good first step toward "advancement"...
It's actually closer to 70%.

not another person quoting idiotic numbers. good lord. where did they find you guys. please tell me you are all the same persons.

I am actually going to bit today. what's your point for brining up the numbers. is your theory. actually no, this is exhausting. keep believing whatever you want to believe

so he resisted arrest, therefore he was guilty of some crime. Outstanding reasoning there!
Stick to the operating room, doc
not another person quoting idiotic numbers. good lord. where did they find you guys. please tell me you are all the same persons.
So as a highly qualified, Ivy League educated doctor of medicine, you don’t think numbers are important? What kind of doctor are you anyway?

Resisting arrest is and of itself a crime (in addition to assault and batter of a PO).
Are the cops supposed to assume that since he's resisting arrest, therefore he must be innocent?

He was going down town, whether the easy way or the hard way. Unfortunately, he forced the cops to take the hard way, when simply complying and getting in the car means he'd still be alive.

I am actually going to bit today. what's your point for brining up the numbers. is your theory. actually no, this is exhausting. keep believing whatever you want to believe
What makes those number idiotic? Because you don't like them and can't refute them? That they're factually correct and culturally/socially relevant?

If you don't believe that single statistic is the biggest problem facing the black community, then you're either in denial or don't understand what ramifications mean.

The numbers might be worse than we think:

Even one of the lefty libs favorites, the sexual predator Don Lemon spouts about it:

CNN's Don Lemon says more than 72 percent of African-American births are out of wedlock

• Wow
Reactions: SKYDOG
The numbers might be worse than we think:

Even one of the lefty libs favorites, the sexual predator Don Lemon spouts about it:

CNN's Don Lemon says more than 72 percent of African-American births are out of wedlock

ok let me bit a bit.

I am not a social scientist, but I am comfortable with helping people reach correct conlusions with numbers.

So lets start here. what exactly are you guys trying to say? to help me better understand, please help me complete sentence

we are saying that,
"higher % of children born out wedlock implies/ correlates to / leads to ... "

Uhm, the numbers are correct. This particular data is from the Census Bureau. I've seen the same directional numbers from multiple sources. Would you like to refute that?

My point for bringing up the numbers is that the narrative continues to be police accountability. What about parental accountability? The 13 year old shot in Chicago was out at 2:30am. What parent allows their 13 year old kid to roam the streets at 2:30am? Maybe parents should be trying to figure out why their 13 year old children are in gangs hanging out with 21 year old men instead of blaming the police...

Secondarily, young black men rarely have good role models. You don't think that makes a big difference in how young men behave and grow up?

"Broken down by race, however, the statistics show stark differences. The percentage of White children under 18 who live with both parents almost doubles that of Black children, according to the data. While 74.3 percent of all White children below the age of 18 live with both parents, only 38.7 percent of African-American minors can say the same.

Instead, more than one-third of all Black children in the United States under the age of 18 live with unmarried mothers—compared to 6.5 percent of White children. The figures reflect a general trend: During the 1960-2016 period, the percentage of children living with only their mother nearly tripled from 8 to 23 percent and the percentage of children living with only their father increased from 1 to 4 percent. "

Ahh yes, Dems just going on baby killing sprees. Exactly zero Republicans ever have abortions. Dramatic much?
The point is, there's becoming very little respect for human life in this world, from all parties. I wouldn't call allowing record numbers of unborn children to be aborted to be an advancement in society, especially when contraceptives are widely available.

ok let me bit a bit.

I am not a social scientist, but I am comfortable with helping people reach correct conlusions with numbers.

So lets start here. what exactly are you guys trying to say? to help me better understand, please help me complete sentence

we are saying that,
"higher % of children born out wedlock implies/ correlates to / leads to ... "
"Just because you can have a baby, it doesn't mean you should," Lemon said. "Especially without planning for one or getting married first. More than 72 percent of children in the African-American community are born out of wedlock. That means absent fathers. And the studies show that lack of a male role model is an express train right to prison and the cycle continues."

Reactions: purduepat1969
Neither is telling other people what to do with their bodies. Don't conflate pro-choice with pro-abortion.
What about the bodies of the unborn. Who speaks for them? I'm not going to argue this any longer with you. We have differing beliefs on this. However, what I don't understand is the sheer number of abortions that occur when contraceptives are widely available.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT