ADVERTISEMENT

I would like to see the staff, especially Coach Hazell, take some accountability like this...

JohnnyDoeBoiler

All-American
Sep 23, 2013
West Lafayette
"We've got to do a better job of coaching. We've got to get our confidence back. That starts with the head coach."

That was a response to a question posed to Jerry Kill this morning during his talk show. In all honesty, have we heard Coach Hazell take any stand and accountability like this in his three years at Purdue? Openly saying he has made mistakes in some aspect and he is going to get it corrected? Hell, Danny Hope said he needed to learn more about clock management and would do so by seeking out other coaches to help him!!!

I swear, if it weren't for Kill's seizures and uncertainty about those and his coaching career, Minnesota would be a much better program. Although, he seems to have a good handle on them recently. He is a coach I have always really liked and Minnesota has become a team I root for (when not playing Purdue) because of the type of guy he is.

Kill is a good coach and seems to be a generally good dude. If it werent for the seizures, i think he would be at a better program.

I would like to see our AD put out something like this. This mess called Purdue football happened on his watch. He owns it. He can also take credit for hiring Tiller, which clearly was a terrific decision.

With Coach Kill what you see is what you get. SIU was seriously considering ending FB when he showed up and made them a national power in a couple of seasons. This is where he was when he was diagnosed with cancer. After going into remission he founded the Coach Kill Cancer Fund which has raised thousands to help cancer patients in S IL cover expenses. He's been gone for several years but still returns annually to help fund raise. When he comes back he's still the same old Jerry. Players believe in him and he's rehabbed several with problem pasts like Brandon Jacobs.

I really like this coach and staff. I hope he gets a chance to turn things around (but understand that if he doesn't win several games this year, it will be over for him at Purdue).

I've been around since Mollenkopf and gotten to know several coaches. IMO Hazell is a quality guy, with outstanding character and represents Purdue extremely well. Having attended MANY practices this year, I can tell all fans that the coaches and players work hard daily.

Now let's go get some top recruits* and win some games!

*He did land Mr. Footballs from Indiana and Kentucky this year, didn't he?

"We've got to do a better job of coaching. We've got to get our confidence back. That starts with the head coach."

That was a response to a question posed to Jerry Kill this morning during his talk show. In all honesty, have we heard Coach Hazell take any stand and accountability like this in his three years at Purdue? Openly saying he has made mistakes in some aspect and he is going to get it corrected? Hell, Danny Hope said he needed to learn more about clock management and would do so by seeking out other coaches to help him!!!

I swear, if it weren't for Kill's seizures and uncertainty about those and his coaching career, Minnesota would be a much better program. Although, he seems to have a good handle on them recently. He is a coach I have always really liked and Minnesota has become a team I root for (when not playing Purdue) because of the type of guy he is.

Coach Hazell would have to look at the film before he would ever admit to anything like that!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT