ADVERTISEMENT

I was wrong

Serious question. Do people on this board actually know Nojel Eastern? I don't mean you met him once or twice and he seemed nice enough but actually know him? A lot of the folks have made assertions that he's such a hard worker and he's a great kid but I always thought to myself how does a 50+ year old fan actually know this? I'm not bashing him or saying I know he's not but now that he (and his mom) are gone I thought I'd ask.

By the way my daughter goes to College and I still can't quite figure out how good of a kid she is and I've known her all her life. :)

Serious question. Do people on this board actually know Nojel Eastern? I don't mean you met him once or twice and he seemed nice enough but actually know him? A lot of the folks have made assertions that he's such a hard worker and he's a great kid but I always thought to myself how does a 50+ year old fan actually know this? I'm not bashing him or saying I know he's not but now that he (and his mom) are gone I thought I'd ask.

By the way my daughter goes to College and I still can't quite figure out how good of a kid she is and I've known her all her life. :)

I think we're all just assuming he's a good kid as he hasn't been any public trouble off the court. But if you'd ask Dakich, he would say very immature, based on his interview with him. And based on his latest NBA announcement and transfer, I'd say Dakich is probably right on the money...

Striving for decency and civil discourse is never wrong. Many of us have bruises on our tongues from biting down so often.
Until yesterday this parent was a part of the Purdue family, and regardless of her judgment or actions deserved to be treated as such.
As did her son ... until he doesn't. If that upsets some, so be it. Having coached, I've seen passive-aggressive quitters ... entitled and undeserving ... harsh, so be it ... The NBA is harsh ... the B1G is harsh ...

I think we're all just assuming he's a good kid as he hasn't been any public trouble off the court. But if you'd ask Dakich, he would say very immature, based on his interview with him. And based on his latest NBA announcement and transfer, I'd say Dakich is probably right on the money...
Which, in itself, does not make him less than a good kid. It does make him unable to fulfill his adult commitments ... as well as handle adversity as an adult ... ergo, Painter's mentions of competing and doing the work.

Reactions: purduepat1969
As did her son ... until he doesn't. If that upsets some, so be it. Having coached, I've seen passive-aggressive quitters ... entitled and undeserving ... harsh, so be it ... The NBA is harsh ... the B1G is harsh ...
Life is harsh and if you're not willing to do what it takes it becomes even harsher. .ist of the time that leads to claims that life was unfair and they were mistreated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT