ADVERTISEMENT

I was on The Score this morning defending Painter

Apr 1, 2019
Mully and Haugh were picking best remaining coaches in each bracket, and picked Few over Painter. They said that Few would be more likely to be a difference maker in the game against Purdue. I called in to let them know Painter was 2-0 vs. Few, and that if Purdue lost I didn't think it would be because Few outcoached him. They weren't convinced. :p

The list of coaches I worry about us getting out-coached by has few names on it but it doesn't have the name Few on it.
I haven't seen Gonzaga play since we beat them so I don't know if they have gotten better.
I've watched every Purdue game, on average twice, and Purdue is a better team now.

Mully and Haugh were picking best remaining coaches in each bracket, and picked Few over Painter. They said that Few would be more likely to be a difference maker in the game against Purdue. I called in to let them know Painter was 2-0 vs. Few, and that if Purdue lost I didn't think it would be because Few outcoached him. They weren't convinced. :p
Who are they crappin'?

Those guys are goofballs and not to be taken too seriously. Monday morning after selection Sunday, they were talking about Illinois and Purdue and their draws. Mully made a comment about Purdue getting a 1 seed despite not being the B1G champion. That, of course, was Illinois. lol

Ken, I just listened to that segment. Good for you throwing facts back at the Domer Mully. They have never gone out of their way to credit Purdue on anything.

Those guys are goofballs and not to be taken too seriously. Monday morning after selection Sunday, they were talking about Illinois and Purdue and their draws. Mully made a comment about Purdue getting a 1 seed despite not being the B1G champion. That, of course, was Illinois. lol
They obviously don't pay attention to the annual selection process. I don't listen to them, and you guys give me good reasons not to start.

Ken, I just listened to that segment. Good for you throwing facts back at the Domer Mully. They have never gone out of their way to credit Purdue on anything.
I actually like both of them and enjoy their show, but they don't have time to study every team in depth and get a lot of their takes from what they hear from other talking heads that don't do any in-depth analysis. I even said it didn't guarantee a Purdue win on Friday, but that Purdue wouldn't lose because Few outcoached Painter. I wish I was able to respond to Haugh talking about last year's loss. Purdue didn't lose because Zach got too few touches. Purdue lost, as they do most years, because their guards get outplayed, and they overall have a bad shooting game. Haugh also brought up some Purdue fans wanting to change the coach (I think that was after they hung up on me). I would have asked who the hell would take the Purdue job after firing a guy who's team has won 60 games over the last two seasons, and has won 2 regular season and 1 conference tourney titles, all while having a 2-time NPOY. I can't think of anyone that would improve Purdue's post-season chances, that's for sure. Still, overall, I enjoyed the interaction. The Purdue guy after me was a litte unhinged, though.

Last edited:
Ken, I’m heading to Audacy now and listen to today’s early segments. Hopefully Mully ate some crow this morning.

Ken, I’m heading to Audacy now and listen to today’s early segments. Hopefully Mully ate some crow this morning.
I got up later today, so I'm going back to the beginning of the show. I haven't heard any mea culpas yet...and, I really don't expect to.

Anyone have a link to the show if it can be started from the beginning? I wouldn’t mind listening as I’m “working” today.

Listening to Fox and B1G channel Mike DeCoursey (sp?), and he has been talking well towards Purdue and all Mully is mouthing off about DJ Burns. Mully has that ND pompous respect towards anything Purdue, no matter what anyone else says.

Listening to Fox and B1G channel Mike DeCoursey (sp?), and he has been talking well towards Purdue and all Mully is mouthing off about DJ Burns. Mully has that ND pompous respect towards anything Purdue, no matter what anyone else says.
I think Mully also said he doesn't trust Painter's coaching. But, he has said everyone wants to see Purdue-UConn final...although he doesn't believe anyone can beat UConn.

Reactions: DrEss
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT