ADVERTISEMENT

I took Purdue at +29.5 I am hoping for a win, not just a cover

Also taking Louisville at +4.5 vs Miami. It is a home game for LV and Miami isnt playing great. Finally, taking Nebraska at +6.5 and I think they will beat IU.
Betting with your heart me thinks. Purdue covering would be a win…don’t think it’s going to happen though. Of course cheering for Nebraska but I don’t think they win either. Have to accept Indiana might be decent. Parlay those three, take money line on your upsets. Huge payout…

Reactions: goboilers2
I'm not touching the Purdue game. I just get a sense something weird could happen (for the better).

I love Wisc -7 over Northwestern (that's a lock)
Rut -5 vs UCLA
ND -8.5 vs GT
USC -7 vs Maryland

One bet that I took for this one was over Oregon's team total of 44.5. Some places have it at 43.5. I don't know how we stop their speed all over the field.

I'm not touching the Purdue game. I just get a sense something weird could happen (for the better).

Rut -5 vs UCLA
ND -8.5 vs GT
USC -7 vs Maryland
GT vs nd should be a good game, GT's coach has done a nice job down there, they're a tough team

Rut -5 vs UCLA
ND -8.5 vs GT
USC -7 vs Maryland
Where did you find ND at that line? I saw a 13 yesterday.

One bet that I took for this one was over Oregon's team total of 44.5. Some places have it at 43.5. I don't know how we stop their speed all over the field.
Well, the refs helped that a little bit in the first half with making 5 to 6 additional plays on TDs. We ran the ball all the time, because there is no reason to pass with this group of WRs, so the clock did not stop much on our side.
Also, I think Oregon was a little tired from their big match up last week and flying cross country. Plus, I think they were not trying to do too much and risk getting any of their best players hurt. They knew there was no way we could remotely match up with them and win this game.

i guess all we care about now is the spread. Forget about winning. forget about academics. Forget about the school. it's all about making money off the spread. that's what college football is now all about. Making money off the spread.

I can't believe that I am saying this but we are going to have a BIG problem when we play Indiana. They are up big against Nebraska. Could they be a playoff team?

I can't believe that I am saying this but we are going to have a BIG problem when we play Indiana. They are up big against Nebraska. Could they be a playoff team?
It is starting to look that way. I have a hunch they will smoke us with Wisconsin-like numbers. Other than OSU, their remaining schedule looks winnable. Michigan is not impressive this year. Indinia looks like a one-loss team at this point.

My prediction is that Oregon and Penn State will go undefeated and play in the championship. Indinia is 3rd with one loss (OSU), OSU finishes with 2 losses (UO and PSU).

Today is kinda their "are we actually good" game. And they're clearly showing out, especially offensively. The schedule is so perfect for them. If they can actually get Michigan, which I still don't buy, then the scenario above can happen. Even if O$U does win out, then IU is in a 3-way tie for 2nd at 11-1. Losing the tiebreaker, but how do you keep a 1-loss B1G team out?

i guess all we care about now is the spread. Forget about winning. forget about academics. Forget about the school. it's all about making money off the spread. that's what college football is now all about. Making money off the spread.
What people betting on sports????? Such a novel concept. They should open up large parlors where people wager on all kinds of things. I bet those would be popular. Maybe they even give away free drinks.

Also taking Louisville at +4.5 vs Miami. It is a home game for LV and Miami isnt playing great. Finally, taking Nebraska at +6.5 and I think they will beat IU.
I'd make fun of this guy but stupid wagers like this by me a long time ago (cheap losses, small potatoes) got me out of that stupid game.

didn't watch the whole game, but Ward's arm was moving forward on that pass/fumble call
Maybe. Really close and you need the other side angle to see it for sure. It may have gotten loose first. They also got away with a blatant hold on what ended up being a 64 yard completion.

Why did you do that man??
Well.... Like the first responder said, I bet with my heart. One TD by Purdue would have given me a win. One less FG by Miami would have given me a win. The indinia game, however, yikes. Up until this point, IU hasnt played anyone notable (and theyre not all over the news here in J-vile)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT