ADVERTISEMENT

I don't know how I missed this Cam Heide compilation of freshman year highlights.

He’s very athletic and can shoot from deep. I could see him being a solid nba backup and maybe more.
He needs to be a ton more aggressive so he can showcase his ability. Hope we see that this year. I’m sure Paint is in his ear (and Smith too) to be more aggressive.

Reactions: Schnelk and punaj
More highlights than I remembered.
The 3's and impressive dunks were a lot more frequent than I thought.
It will be interesting to see how teams scheme for him this year. So many open looks in that highlight reel. Cam does a great job of always being set and ready to shoot, if teams don’t give him as much space I’d think that should open things up for other guys on the perimeter or Trey in the post.

With Cam, Braden, Myles and Fletch on the floor you have four guys who can really, really shoot. Best shooting lineup since Vince, Dakota, PJ and Carsen?

I don’t know how well this team will rebound and play defense but they should be fun to watch offensively.

It will be interesting to see how teams scheme for him this year. So many open looks in that highlight reel. Cam does a great job of always being set and ready to shoot, if teams don’t give him as much space I’d think that should open things up for other guys on the perimeter or Trey in the post.
Or if they don’t give him space, he blows by them and either finishes at the rim or finds the open guy

Reactions: Abugabby
he finishes at the rim better than any guard or wing than we have had since smooge. Better than Ivey and carsen.

based on his shooting percentage he is our best career 3 point shooter that I could find. No one shot better than him or Gillis this year since Dakota junior year in 2007. Not even ryne smith or Ryan cline. Small sample size and he had a lot of wide open shots but .450 is remarkable especially for a freshman.

He has the ability to be a great defender and his passing looks solid. A very high basketball IQ with a knack of getting to the ball.

I think this year he will blow up. This team is balanced and I’m not sure he will be our best player not named Braden Smith, but he has the potential to be.

You may not be far off. Not sure why you’d hope that Harris starts over Loyer.
I doubt he will based on paints comments but harris may start over Colvin. I think right now painter has all but committed TKR, Smith, Loyer, and Heide as starters. The fifth could be Harris, Colvin, or Jacobsen (with TKR sliding to 4, Heide to 3). That’s your 7 man rotation!

You may not be far off. Not sure why you’d hope that Harris starts over Loyer.
Look at the box score against UConn…I kid, I kid (sort of). Loyer starting is fine and he played his ass off in the tourney, but feels like Harris might have a higher ceiling as a two-way guard.

Look at the box score against UConn…I kid, I kid (sort of). Loyer starting is fine and he played his ass off in the tourney, but feels like Harris might have a higher ceiling as a two-way guard.
I think Harris emulates what Lance jones was for us and I would expect paint would prefer loyer on the court over Colvin unless the latter has a really good off-season.

I doubt he will based on paints comments but harris may start over Colvin. I think right now painter has all but committed TKR, Smith, Loyer, and Heide as starters. The fifth could be Harris, Colvin, or Jacobsen (with TKR sliding to 4, Heide to 3). That’s your 7 man rotation!
What about Berg and Furst and Cox…minutes will be interesting this year

I think Harris emulates what Lance jones was for us and I would expect paint would prefer loyer on the court over Colvin unless the latter has a really good off-season.
I’d expect Colvin to play a lot of mins this year. Harris may be playing more in general by the end of the year but I’d still suspect Myles will be a big part of the rotation and Harris will be brought along like Colvin was last year.

Reactions: POTFHBTFU and punaj
I like that observation. If Harris can create headaches for the other team on defense, get out in transition and hit open shots that would be a huge get for this team. I don't think he has Lance's open floor speed but is taller and longer.

Oh boy :rolleyes:. Even if you use the UConn game as an example, the biggest problem in that game was that we put up 60, which included 23 on 9 of 29 shooting from anyone not named Zach Edey and 11 points on 5 of 17 shooting outside of Edey and Smith.

I expect Harris to be solid next year and he may be a killer two-way player by the time he's a junior, but you're not going to improve your offense subbing a freshman Harris for a junior Loyer. Who the heck knows though, maybe some other guys blow up on offense and Harris is the best freshman defender since Nojel and there's not as much reliance on Loyer as I expect.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
What about Berg and Furst and Cox…minutes will be interesting this year
it sure will! If TKR plays the 5 and Heide the 4 with Jacobsen filling in the 5 then berg and Furst will be fighting over the scraps and from what I’m reading Jacobsen will get the bulk of them. If TKR plays some 4 and Heide slides to the 3 then there may be more minutes for Berg and Furst. We shall see!

it sure will! If TKR plays the 5 and Heide the 4 with Jacobsen filling in the 5 then berg and Furst will be fighting over the scraps and from what I’m reading Jacobsen will get the bulk of them. If TKR plays some 4 and Heide slides to the 3 then there may be more minutes for Berg and Furst. We shall see!
So many options for lineups…hope painter uses all the different possibilities

Reactions: punaj
Loyer shot 50% from 3 from March on (until UConn) and 44% overall last year. He ain’t sittin as a junior with those stats.
Oh, I’m aware. I just still feel like he lacks that next-level ability to create and be dynamic on both sides of the ball.

UConn’s guards, collectively, were in a different stratosphere than Purdue’s.

If Purdue is going to win a natty, it won’t be with a plethora of Loyer’s. And I’m not hating on him. He’s a really good college player. I just feel his ceiling is limited.

Oh boy :rolleyes:. Even if you use the UConn game as an example, the biggest problem in that game was that we put up 60, which included 23 on 9 of 29 shooting from anyone not named Zach Edey and 11 points on 5 of 17 shooting outside of Edey and Smith.

I expect Harris to be solid next year and he may be a killer two-way player by the time he's a junior, but you're not going to improve your offense subbing a freshman Harris for a junior Loyer. Who the heck knows though, maybe some other guys blow up on offense and Harris is the best freshman defender since Nojel and there's not as much reliance on Loyer as I expect.
Yeah, my larger point is that Purdue couldn’t score because the guards couldn’t do anything, Loyer included.

Of the guards, nobody other than Smith could really create anything. UConn’s guards were simply too good. Loyer is a really good college player, but he isn’t a dynamic, future pro, in my opinion.

And that’s no disrespect. He’s a hell of a player. It’ll be interesting to see how Harris comes along.

Yeah, my larger point is that Purdue couldn’t score because the guards couldn’t do anything, Loyer included.

Of the guards, nobody other than Smith could really create anything. UConn’s guards were simply too good. Loyer is a really good college player, but he isn’t a dynamic, future pro, in my opinion.

And that’s no disrespect. He’s a hell of a player. It’ll be interesting to see how Harris comes along.
Largely agree although a big piece of that was that they had three seniors (fourth and fifth year) and a lottery pick. IMO Fletch can be as good or better of a college player and NBA prospect as Mathias or Spencer as an upperclassman, he just wasn't as a sophomore.

I hope Harris is fantastic. I'd be surprised to see him as a dynamic scorer as a true freshman, but I could be wrong.

With Cam, Braden, Myles and Fletch on the floor you have four guys who can really, really shoot. Best shooting lineup since Vince, Dakota, PJ and Carsen?

I don’t know how well this team will rebound and play defense but they should be fun to watch offensively.

He's dynamic at the rim, so if they start to guard him closely he'll have opportunities ala Fletch, but with better finishing ability.
He's "shown" good rebounding instincts in his limited minutes. IF that holds AND Myles can use his length and hops to be a good rebounding 3 that small lineup "could" work, at least part time.

Cam Heide is a problem.

If you eliminate extraneous noise on some of these and concentrate......you can hear in the background.....

I'm going back someday.....
Come what may.....

Ny5qcGVn.jpeg

Reactions: Schnelk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT