ADVERTISEMENT

I’ll take my medicine

Well, they only gave up 534 yards and 5 TDs and Purdue was missing its top 2 WRs. So, maybe Vols fans should consider it a moral victory you got it to OT.
We actually were missing our top 4 receivers (Rice and Yaseen too), plus number 5 got knocked out in the 3rd quarter, and no. 6 was playing on two bad knees that need surgery. Anthrop played but I don't think he is better than these guys. You could argue he is the 5th best maybe? He is very valuable to the team though. Our great WR depth was severely challenged this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: purduepat1969
You know Tennessee lost like 30 players to the portal right? We were operating at 71 scholarship players to start the season. We were depleted all year long, not just in our bowl game.

Purdue was the better team yesterday. The chest thumping over what you’re missing falls on deaf ears for Vol fans, for reasons stated above.

As I pointed out to another reasonable Purdue poster, let me add 14 scholarship players to Tennessee and you get your full roster too… It’s an even match up again that’s going to come down to a handful of plays.
Quit whining about being down on scholarship players, or at least include in your statements the reason guys left. The NCAA violations committed by tennessee have a lot to do with why some guys left, wouldn't you think?

And, it was NOT a touchdown not matter how many times you say so. Continuing to deny that fact isn't "taking medicine".

I don't disagree. But I've never seen fans come over here like UT and whine like mad about all of the calls.
Very Hatfield and mccoy-ish down there. Most of the visitors are probably mad at their neighbor across the street cause his great granddaddy trespassed on their land or some shit like that.. in their own way they’re giving more props than northwestern fans lol

You know Tennessee lost like 30 players to the portal right? We were operating at 71 scholarship players to start the season. We were depleted all year long, not just in our bowl game.

Purdue was the better team yesterday. The chest thumping over what you’re missing falls on deaf ears for Vol fans, for reasons stated above.

As I pointed out to another reasonable Purdue poster, let me add 14 scholarship players to Tennessee and you get your full roster too… It’s an even match up again that’s going to come down to a handful of plays.
Yet Tennessee still had a higher ranked roster according to recruiting rankings. Even with all the turnover.

We actually were missing our top 4 receivers (Rice and Yaseen too), plus number 5 got knocked out in the 3rd quarter, and no. 6 was playing on two bad knees that need surgery. Anthrop played but I don't think he is better than these guys. You could argue he is the 5th best maybe? He is very valuable to the team though. Our great WR depth was severely challenged this year.
Yet no snaps for Taylor or Terrell.
The writing is on the wall for upperclassman Taylor. Is Terrell injured?

Yet no snaps for Taylor or Terrell.
The writing is on the wall for upperclassman Taylor. Is Terrell injured?
With this new era it’s gonna be essential that you don’t allow guys to just go to school here. Big programs already don’t. We need to follow suit

I can find plenty of pundits who agree with me. Doesn’t matter. Purdue won. Tennessee played its worst defensive game of the year by a mile, Purdue made us pay.

Tennessee had a ton of chances to put the game away and didn’t do it. Allowed the refs to make calls that hugely impacted the game.

None of these things are mutually exclusive.

Purdue was far more capable of exposing our defense than I thought they would be. I thought we would see Tennessee play defense like we did against Ole Miss… Didnt happen.
You're right... it doesn't matter, so stop your whining.

We "can find plenty of pundits who agree with" us. Big flippin' deal.

For every shadow, fringe penalty you cite, we can find 2, 3 or 4 more that went against you UNCALLED.

Yes, Purdue was far more capable than you gave credit.

There are 2 things that make you a really big target right now: 1. your behavior/comments/attitude leading up to the game (more could be said there), and 2. your excuses and whining in defeat.

Your team lost. You had PLENTY of opportunities to win and didn't do it.

You're right... it doesn't matter, so stop your whining.

We "can find plenty of pundits who agree with" us. Big flippin' deal.

For every shadow, fringe penalty you cite, we can find 2, 3 or 4 more that went against you UNCALLED.

Yes, Purdue was far more capable than you gave credit.

There are 2 things that make you a really big target right now: 1. your behavior/comments/attitude leading up to the game (more could be said there), and 2. your excuses and whining in defeat.

Your team lost. You had PLENTY of opportunities to win and didn't do it.

The only part I disagree with is the multiple uncalled penalties against Tennessee… I feel like we got a pretty rough whistle yesterday.

And if there’s more to be said, say it. Y’all take this message board stuff too serious lol.

The only part I disagree with is the multiple uncalled penalties against Tennessee… I feel like we got a pretty rough whistle yesterday.

And if there’s more to be said, say it. Y’all take this message board stuff too serious lol.
We're very serious.
take-the-l-losser-dance.gif

We thought you were “out” about 2-3 posts ago,
Please give it up and “take your medicine”…

Terrell??

Preston Terrell?

He's a true FR. Started to enter the game at one point (at least), and was waived off by Broc.
I get he’s a true Fr. But to almost get snaps to relieve a guy playing on 2 bum legs and slot receivers playing out wide… Also appears to be behind true Fr Burks who got in the game and made a big catch.

There is no shame in getting beat by our “B” team! It just shows what the Vols need to work on in the off season. If I was a Tennessee fan, I would just look at this game as learning experience, of where you actually stack up in major conferences.

"Y’all take this message board stuff too serious lol."

What's funny is you seem to be taking the call you perceive to be bad pretty seriously. You won't shut up about it.

You started this thread called "I'll take my medicine". But then when we give it to you, you start making excuses and whining about all the bad and missed calls against UT. Then arguing incessantly about them. Like there were no bad or missed calls against Purdue.

You're about the biggest hypocrite to post on this board. At this point, take the L, shut up, and go away...

If this is how they take the loss, I really question what kind of shit we'd see on this board if UT pulled out the win...

Yet, here you are making your 500th post in 2 days.
Face it our gap toothed friendly visitor: UT just isn’t the blue blood program a lot of fans from the 90’s want to believe it is.
(and your running back is still down on the 1 yard line).

Yet, here you are making your 500th post in 2 days.
Face it our gap toothed friendly visitor: UT just isn’t the blue blood program a lot of fans from the 90’s want to believe it is.
(and your running back is still down on the 1 yard line).
UT has never been all that good —-even in their supposed “heyday”

lots of noise, chest- thumpin’, and baseseless bullshit bravado in Knoxville for not ever having won anything of substance…

Purdue OWNS Tennessee.

Only you could show up and try to diminish one of the best coaching jobs of the season by anyone. 9 wins this year. Count 'em...
And you fail to mention I said 9 wins was the minimum for a HC in place this long and making his money. Purdue played well enough to win once that "smart" coach figured out that AOC was the only way they could win. Congrats to the players who gutted it out.

• Haha
And you fail to mention I said 9 wins was the minimum for a HC in place this long and making his money. Purdue played well enough to win once that "smart" coach figured out that AOC was the only way they could win. Congrats to the players who gutted it out.
So he gets to keep his job according to you? Do other coaches get fired with an 8 win season if they're making what he makes or more?

BTW, is Les Miles available in case he leaves?

He'll keep his job. As for Les...you still going there? And yes, there have been coaches fired with more wins. Happy New Year
You're the one who preferred Les over Brohm. Have you ever admitted you were wrong about that?

And let's make sure I understand your "minimum 9 wins". If Brohm, or anyone else has an 8 win season after having a 9 plus win season, they should be fired, right?

Reactions: bodog57

and you're free to disagree. DB was draped all over WRs all game. Wasn't even close in many cases, yet they were uncalled.
Nobody here taking it more seriously than you.

I get he’s a true Fr. But to almost get snaps to relieve a guy playing on 2 bum legs and slot receivers playing out wide… Also appears to be behind true Fr Burks who got in the game and made a big catch.
For what it's worth, I believe Terrell saw action with no targets.

Not sure why a true FR warrants this level of analysis and scrutiny at this point in his Purdue career...

And I said from day 1....nine was the minimum that was acceptable. NINE! Next year....No less than 9.
Nine.

Based on what analysis? Your demands? Your arbitrary bar?

He did a phenomenal job this season, as he's done before. The program is on solid ground, and should continue to grow. In time, hopefully you'll learn to deal with that, and maybe even support him.

Look at it on the bright side: If he "only" has 8 wins in 2022 you can feel justified with your old platform.

And I said from day 1....nine was the minimum that was acceptable. NINE! Next year....No less than 9.
I don’t think we will ever be a consistent 9 win team. I think more importantly than a 9 win season is program stability. I am not implying that consecutive losing seasons is acceptable, but I feel like a 9 or 10 win season is going to be the best it gets.

I don’t think we will ever be a consistent 9 win team. I think more importantly than a 9 win season is program stability. I am not implying that consecutive losing seasons is acceptable, but I feel like a 9 or 10 win season is going to be the best it gets.
Good comments, and for the most part, spot on.

I think Brohm certainly has more than 9 wins in him, as a coach.

But, back to the 9 win pre-season demand...

Think of how absurd that is.

With NINE WINS this past season, we tied the 2nd most wins in the HISTORY of Purdue football.

WHAT the....?!

(We also set other historical marks.)

He'll keep his job. As for Les...you still going there? And yes, there have been coaches fired with more wins. Happy New Year
Brohm won THREE times as many games THIS season (NINE) as your boy Les won in his entire Kansas tenure. (THREE)

And he’s making mid tier money for the B1G. Worth every penny. Probably going to get a well deserved extension and raise soon.

Except it happens regularly and is NEVER called.

It’s on Tennessee for not capitalizing on opportunities to win the game… but we got zero help form the stripes in this one.

I’m more upset about the missed hold on Tillman at the end of the fourth.
You mean the one hold vs the 47 UT db’s holds on our receivers? I’m more upset you don’t know the rules. Do you know how to read? Curious.

You're the one who preferred Les over Brohm. Have you ever admitted you were wrong about that?

And let's make sure I understand your "minimum 9 wins". If Brohm, or anyone else has an 8 win season after having a 9 plus win season, they should be fired, right?
You're hyperbole is tiring at best. I said I thought Les would be good at PU. We'll never know, but he certainly failed at his last show. Brohm got to 9 wins this year in year 5....something a coach making his money in the league he's in should be doing.

Congrats on a guy for earning his money.

Happy?

You're hyperbole is tiring at best. I said I thought Les would be good at PU. We'll never know, but he certainly failed at his last show. Brohm got to 9 wins this year in year 5....something a coach making his money in the league he's in should be doing.

Congrats on a guy for earning his money.

Happy?
Not sure why you're stuck on this "9" thing.

In the history of Purdue football, that's only been done TWICE before. Think about that. Use logic and reason, for just one moment...

It's almost like you were setting the table to be able to claim: "Failure!"

Speaking of "tiring", that's why people are giving you so much chit... your carping and b*tching about Brohm became tiring long, long ago.

As to Les, and what he would have done at Purdue, yes... yes, we do know. It played out in Kansas.

Not sure why you're stuck on this "9" thing.

In the history of Purdue football, that's only been done TWICE before. Think about that. Use logic and reason, for just one moment...

It's almost like you were setting the table to be able to claim: "Failure!"

Speaking of "tiring", that's why people are giving you so much chit... your carping and b*tching about Brohm became tiring long, long ago.

As to Les, and what he would have done at Purdue, yes... yes, we do know. It played out in Kansas.
Because for the better programs, 9 is a minimum. But I guess you're okay with less. Let's hope he does better next year.

I would agree with you if they would have called the penalty, but they didn’t. They called forward progress very early, which was incorrect in the opinion of most (according the to swell of independent 3rd party opinion on social media).
Oh great you have internet opinion on your side. You still lost.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT