ADVERTISEMENT

I’ll take my medicine

We got hosed in OT but that’s on Tennessee for allowing the refs to make a game changing call.

Have fun at my expense.
Honestly what a hell of a game. Both ways. I’d go making excuses saying yeah the ref might’ve been early but imo he wasn’t and regardless Purdue left a TON of points on the field that should have made overtime nonexistent. We could go back and forth of what if’s all day.

But this is what I really wanted to say. Thanks for coming and talking for the last month, more football talk is always fun. Thanks for coming back after the game, it was a tough loss no doubt. And I have a ton of respect for your team. A home and home would be incredible I think and both schools should pursue. That was just an exciting game all around. Two great offenses. And lastly, I doubted the “Tennessee tempo” talk all along but I gotta say you were right. You had us reeling through the first quarter. That’s an incredibly fun offense to watch. Great game, maybe we can get a home and home series sometime and have a beer at Neyland and Ross-Ade.

If Tennessee adds 14 scholarship players we can probably find a CB or S in there somewhere. Or a RB that can get a yard.

It’s all ifs and buts…. just having a hard time giving Purdue credit for being understaffed when we have done it all year long.
I guess this is the part where we speculate on how much we beat you if we recruit 4 straight classes with nothing but 5 star players. 😉

Ifs and buts can be fun, but reality soon bites. It looks like you have 3 3-star DBs coming in next year. There are some nice gems to be found in those.

Cheers.

iu

Reactions: purduepat1969
If Tennessee adds 14 scholarship players we can probably find a CB or S in there somewhere. Or a RB that can get a yard.

It’s all ifs and buts…. just having a hard time giving Purdue credit for being understaffed when we have done it all year long.
Gotta be honest and say I kinda saw this coming. Watched that UCF/Florida game and Florida’s qb was dogshit yet he went 21-27 against you guys. As you said “saw it from a mile away”.

Reactions: Purdue85
Honestly what a hell of a game. Both ways. I’d go making excuses saying yeah the ref might’ve been early but imo he wasn’t and regardless Purdue left a TON of points on the field that should have made overtime nonexistent. We could go back and forth of what if’s all day.

But this is what I really wanted to say. Thanks for coming and talking for the last month, more football talk is always fun. Thanks for coming back after the game, it was a tough loss no doubt. And I have a ton of respect for your team. A home and home would be incredible I think and both schools should pursue. That was just an exciting game all around. Two great offenses. And lastly, I doubted the “Tennessee tempo” talk all along but I gotta say you were right. You had us reeling through the first quarter. That’s an incredibly fun offense to watch. Great game, maybe we can get a home and home series sometime and have a beer at Neyland and Ross-Ade.
Same could be said for us honestly. Heupel admitted that better play calling may have given us a shot at a closer FG at the end of regulation. So yeah, if’s and but’s…

Reactions: Purdue85
Same could be said for us honestly. Heupel admitted that better play calling may have given us a shot at a closer FG at the end of regulation. So yeah, if’s and but’s…
Definitely. But since you wanted to go there I guess I’ll give you the highlights. Threw a pick in the endzone. That’s 7. 3 field goals inside the 20, 2 after being inside the 5. That’s another 12. So 19 more points looks to be reasonable had we finished drives that we took into the red zone. Your last field goal being closer wouldn’t have mattered.

but as I said it’s irrelevant and does nothing to detract from the quality of the game. Both teams put on a show

Reactions: VolzDeep
Definitely. But since you wanted to go there I guess I’ll give you the highlights. Threw a pick in the endzone. That’s 7. 3 field goals inside the 20, 2 after being inside the 5. That’s another 12. So 19 more points looks to be reasonable had we finished drives that we took into the red zone. Your last field goal being closer wouldn’t have mattered.

but as I said it’s irrelevant and does nothing to detract from the quality of the game. Both teams put on a show

Tennessee overthrew two touchdowns in the last minute of the game… If’s and buts are endless.

(one of which was because of an obvious hold but that’s a different conversation)

Tennessee overthrew two touchdowns in the last minute of the game… If’s and buts are endless.

(one of which was because of an obvious hold but that’s a different conversation)
Agreed. I noticed that too and honestly was beside myself when Hooker missed him the second time. The first time I can understand but 2 plays later I thought for sure he’d have it

I agree that our CB grabbed your best WR's jersey and that should have been called, but I also think your secondary should have had at least 4 more interference calls. Twice I saw slants where our man was rocked while the ball was in the air. On 1 our TE still almost caught the ball one handed and the 2nd, the commentator blamed Aidan when no one was there because our WR went sideways.

4 things no one mentioned. We now have 3 different WRs with 200+ games in 1 season.

Our WR had his 1st catch and the call was reversed. Why? His feet were in bounds and he was standing out of bounds when the ball was slapped from his grasp.

Aidan was off, but a big problem was the cuts and routes. Not his fault.

Horvath had much better #s last year, but did anyone notice we had our worst games when he was out?

And since you wanted to go there, Hooker missed four wide open receivers on deep routes and fumbled the ball resulting in one of your TD’s just before halftime so…

No one can ever expect a perfect game from their team, except maybe Bama fans. **Just threw up in my mouth typing that.** Interceptions, red zone stops, overthrows, bad calls and good calls depending on what side you’re on when the yellow hanky hits the grass, and fumbles happen etc. We saw a little bit of all of it tonight. It was an exciting game regardless.

It was a TD in overtime… but as I stated, that’s on Tennessee for letting it get there. Should have been able to kick a field goal to win it. I agree our end of game calls weren’t good.
Per NCAA rules, what the Tennessee player did to assist his teammates prior to crossing the goal line was illegal this signaling his progress had been stopped. You can ‘push’ but you can not lift or pull a teammate.

the refs got the call exactly right.

You sure suck at taking your medicine RTR. You have made your points, and they are flawed, but no matter what you think, the fact is you lost and we are 2-0 in bowl games against the Vols.

You guys have a very good offense but again the worst defense we have played this season......maybe UCONN could compete for that title with you.

Reactions: RossMackey
And since you wanted to go there, Hooker missed four wide open receivers on deep routes and fumbled the ball resulting in one of your TD’s just before halftime so…

No one can ever expect a perfect game from their team, except maybe Bama fans. **Just threw up in my mouth typing that.** Interceptions, red zone stops, overthrows, bad calls and good calls depending on what side you’re on when the yellow hanky hits the grass, and fumbles happen etc. We saw a little bit of all of it tonight. It was an exciting game regardless.
You seem like a reasonable guy but Hooker did not just oops fumble it, he was pressured by the DE who knocked it out of his hands. That is a good Defensive play not anything like overthrowing a wide open receiver.

You sure suck at taking your medicine RTR. You have made your points, and they are flawed, but no matter what you think, the fact is you lost and we are 2-0 in bowl games against the Vols.

You guys have a very good offense but again the worst defense we have played this season......maybe UCONN could compete for that title with you.

I can find plenty of pundits who agree with me. Doesn’t matter. Purdue won. Tennessee played its worst defensive game of the year by a mile, Purdue made us pay.

Tennessee had a ton of chances to put the game away and didn’t do it. Allowed the refs to make calls that hugely impacted the game.

None of these things are mutually exclusive.

Purdue was far more capable of exposing our defense than I thought they would be. I thought we would see Tennessee play defense like we did against Ole Miss… Didnt happen.

• Haha
Reactions: johnboiler123

I can find plenty of pundits who agree with me. Doesn’t matter. Purdue won. Tennessee played its worst defensive game of the year by a mile, Purdue made us pay.

Tennessee had a ton of chances to put the game away and didn’t do it. Allowed the refs to make calls that hugely impacted the game.

Purdue was far more capable of exposing our defense than I thought they would be. I thought we would see Tennessee play defense like we did against Ole Miss… Didnt happen.
I tried to tell you. Brohm is one of the best offensive minds in the country and even without Bell and Wright, Purdue still had plenty of WR talent and an oline that was good enough. What I didn't think was that O'Connell would be average at best. It was good enough though.

Except it happens regularly and is NEVER called.

It’s on Tennessee for not capitalizing on opportunities to win the game… but we got zero help form the stripes in this one.

I’m more upset about the missed hold on Tillman at the end of the fourth.

You see pushing on the ball carrier and on the tacklers ahead of the ball carrier. You do not see being in from of the ball carrier and grabbing and pulling the ball carrier. If it happens all the time find me a clip on YouTube.

I tried to tell you. Brohm is one of the best offensive minds in the country and even without Bell and Wright, Purdue still had plenty of WR talent and an oline that was good enough. What I didn't think was that O'Connell would be average at best. It was good enough though.

Yeah I was shocked we had 3 INTs and dropped two more. Also shocked Hooker missed so many deep balls. Pressure on our RT was a big culprit on several misses, as previously discussed.

We have not had a good secondary in decades. A few good players that have gone to the league here and there, but I can’t recall anyone ever remotely referring to UT as DBU, and I don’t think it will be in my lifetime.
Well, they only gave up 534 yards and 5 TDs and Purdue was missing its top 2 WRs. So, maybe Vols fans should consider it a moral victory you got it to OT.

I can find about 50 pundits saying it was a touchdown. Clearly we agree to disagree. He didn’t flag Fant for assisting the runner so that’s a moot point IMO.

Ive watched a lot of football and been involved in a lot of football. Never in my 25 years of being highly invovled with the game have I seen forward progress called on the goal line.

It was a BS call.

But we should have ended it when we had the chance, multiple times. That’s on Tennessee.

Guys say what you want.. I’ve seen more respect after the fact from these Tennessee fans than anyone we played all year except Iowa. That’s just true

Reactions: mediaexpert
Yeah dude.. northwestern, Nebraska and Indiana fans still unanimously think we ain’t shit. Go read Oregon state and even Connecticut’s board.. it’s comical if you search.

one poster on their board mocked everyone for “expecting Vanderbilt and being ambushed by a damn good Purdue team”

I can find about 50 pundits saying it was a touchdown. Clearly we agree to disagree. He didn’t flag Fant for assisting the runner so that’s a moot point IMO.

Ive watched a lot of football and been involved in a lot of football. Never in my 25 years of being highly invovled with the game have I seen forward progress called on the goal line.

It was a BS call.

But we should have ended it when we had the chance, multiple times. That’s on Tennessee.
You know what’s an even more moot point? The fact that you think it was a blown call.
Face it, you’re team couldn’t handle a severely depleted Purdue team.
Like I said earlier, be thankful we weren’t anywhere near full strength or this game would have been over at halftime.

You know what’s an even more moot point? The fact that you think it was a blown call.
Like I said earlier, be thankful we weren’t anywhere near full strength or this game would have been over at halftime.
Woulda, coulda, shoulda…

You know Tennessee lost like 30 players to the portal right? We were operating at 71 scholarship players to start the season. We were depleted all year long, not just in our bowl game.

Purdue was the better team yesterday. The chest thumping over what you’re missing falls on deaf ears for Vol fans, for reasons stated above.

As I pointed out to another reasonable Purdue poster, let me add 14 scholarship players to Tennessee and you get your full roster too… It’s an even match up again that’s going to come down to a handful of plays.

Reactions: mediaexpert

It was a BS call.

Reactions: bonefish1
You act like it was the game winning TD. It wasn't. We would have won anyway. Your coach was writing checks his team couldn't cash. You gotta know when to hold em and when to fold em.

Yeah dude.. northwestern, Nebraska and Indiana fans still unanimously think we ain’t shit. Go read Oregon state and even Connecticut’s board.. it’s comical if you search.

one poster on their board mocked everyone for “expecting Vanderbilt and being ambushed by a damn good Purdue team”
I don't disagree. But I've never seen fans come over here like UT and whine like mad about all of the calls.

Reactions: delarno and jindy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT