ADVERTISEMENT

Hunter Dickinson

Thanks to NIL $$$$$ in not sure he will ever leave college. Even after COVID year , he can walk on while he gets a masters and doctorate. šŸ˜.,..
Iā€™m sure he would if he could manage it lol, but only 5 years of eligibility allowed for D1. Maybe he could go play more in D2-3 bahaha.

I met him a few years back in Florida and chatted with him and he was a decent guy. Couldnā€™t get him to admit that he should have gone to Purdue though!

Butā€¦also got my jab in and told him I was glad he didnā€™t so we could get Edey. Had nothing but great things to say about Purdue, Painter and Edey though.

He seems pretty smart. Heā€™s going to be paid twice as much playing for Kansas as he would playing in the GLeagues for about 1/3rd the amount of games.

As for academics, I recall a QB at USC who somehow qualified academically to play by only taking a dance class one semester. Iā€™m confident he probably already has a degree and is only taking a minimum class load.

Not a bad gig!

Don't blame him as others have said, but he is the poster of why this is the dumbest rule the NCAA has possibly ever maid.

Play 28 games, average 14 and 7 your Freshman year for Elite 8 team and you are rewarded 1 whole extra year of eligibility because Covid "negatively" impacted your Freshman season.

Don't blame him as others have said, but he is the poster of why this is the dumbest rule the NCAA has possibly ever maid.

Play 28 games, average 14 and 7 your Freshman year for Elite 8 team and you are rewarded 1 whole extra year of eligibility because Covid "negatively" impacted your Freshman season.
It was offered that year so players wouldnā€™t sit it out intentionally knowing they may not get a full year in. In hindsight itā€™s annoying but at the time if they didnā€™t decide on that many players would have opted out and we may not have had a season because many schools couldnā€™t field a team.

It was offered that year so players wouldnā€™t sit it out intentionally knowing they may not get a full year in. In hindsight itā€™s annoying but at the time if they didnā€™t decide on that many players would have opted out and we may not have had a season because many schools couldnā€™t field a team.
And now there are dudes that are 24-26 years old in college playing against 17-18 year old projected lotto picks šŸ˜‚

Good for him. However, will be glad when he does leave college, so we can stop discussing him.

Yes, he should have gone to us back in high school. However, I think we all know that destiny took over, and we ended up getting a 2 time back-to-back NPOY. We won.

Good for him. However, will be glad when he does leave college, so we can stop discussing him.

Yes, he should have gone to us back in high school. However, I think we all know that destiny took over, and we ended up getting a 2 time back-to-back NPOY. We won.
That got us to a F4 and the NC game. Worked out perfect for us not getting Kalk or Dickinson and having to ā€œsettleā€ on the 436th prospect

Reactions: pboiler18
Wait just a minute. Isn't the NCAA limiting his ability to earn by only allowing 5 years of eligibility?

Haha correct

Get ready for Super Duper Senior eligibility.......

200w.gif

I donā€™t feel sorry for 17 and 18 year olds playing against 24 and 26 year olds. We have 17 and 18 year olds playing in G leagues. We have 19 year olds playing in the NBA

I donā€™t feel sorry for 17 and 18 year olds playing against 24 and 26 year olds. We have 17 and 18 year olds playing in G leagues. We have 19 year olds playing in the NBA
24-26 year olds playing due to Covid that donā€™t have a path to the next level and yet get more playing time in front of 18-19 year olds is a bit lame.

Agreed, should have been a 1 year thing, not 4.

Reactions: Dryfly88
Iā€™m kind of wondering what are 26 year olds doing still going to college? I was at Purdue for 5 years and graduated at age 22.

Reactions: pboiler18
Iā€™m kind of wondering what are 26 year olds doing still going to college? I was at Purdue for 5 years and graduated at age 22.
Well if you count your favorite redshirt year(s) and then that pesky covid year and add in NILā€”why wouldnā€™t you stay?

Butā€¦..boo buie is turning 25 this year. Cormac Ryan from UNC turned 26ā€¦4 other guys who were in the tourney were 26 as well.

Another guy had been playin ball for 9 years but finally called it quits.

Well if you count your favorite redshirt year(s) and then that pesky covid year and add in NILā€”why wouldnā€™t you stay?

Butā€¦..boo buie is turning 25 this year. Cormac Ryan from UNC turned 26ā€¦4 other guys who were in the tourney were 26 as well.

Another guy had been playin ball for 9 years but finally called it quits.

I have to wonder about some of those players. They have to realize they have no hope playing in the nba. The NBA prefers younger players. Itā€™s time to graduate and get a real job.

I have to wonder about some of those players. They have to realize they have no hope playing in the nba. The NBA prefers younger players. Itā€™s time to graduate and get a real job.
If My options are stay in college and make $500K+ or graduate and make $50K, itā€™s pretty obvious which one I am choosing.

If My options are stay in college and make $500K+ or graduate and make $50K, itā€™s pretty obvious which one I am choosing.
I could understand Dickinson staying as long as possible. However, I have to ask, how much are these other players who are aged 24-26 receiving from NIL deals? I guess given the opportunity to get my MBA from Krannert for free, I probably would also have stayed a few extra years. Going to night school part time while working full time was not fun.

I could understand Dickinson staying as long as possible. However, I have to ask, how much are these other players who are aged 24-26 receiving from NIL deals? I guess given the opportunity to get my MBA from Krannert for free, I probably would also have stayed a few extra years. Going to night school part time while working full time was not fun.
Exactly. Hell, the scholarship, training table, housing and meals is worth $40-50K alone. Give me an extra $20K and an opportunity to see coeds on campus every day and it's still an easy decision.

I started out as a math / computer science major. I spent some time in accounting. I graduated with a dual major in secondary math education and elementary education. That required two different stints in student teaching which led to my 5th year. I later finished my information systems degree and Masters in Management. I started out as a math teacher, joined the Air Force and retired as a college professor teaching information systems.

Last edited:
I started out as a math / computer science major. I spent some time in accounting. I graduated with a dual major in secondary math education and elementary education. That required two different stints in student teaching which led to my 5th year. I later finished my information systems degree and Masters in Management. I started out as a math teacher, joined the Air Force and retired as a college professor teaching information systems.
I graduated with a dual degree in sanitation engineering and husbandry, both smelled like sh@t, so I became a gynecologist that job prepared me to go into business as a tuna boat fisherman , which I later upgraded to a obgyn. I'm now a monk in a monastery in Mount Sinai took me 4 years to get the smell of fish off me.

• Haha
Reactions: BoilerAndy and BBG
I graduated with a dual degree in sanitation engineering and husbandry, both smelled like sh@t, so I became a gynecologist that job prepared me to go into business as a tuna boat fisherman , which I later upgraded to a obgyn. I'm now a monk in a monastery in Mount Sinai took me 4 years to get the smell of fish off me.
I was asked an honest and polite question, so I replied with an honest and polite answer.

Thank you for your service in the AF.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT