ADVERTISEMENT

How to Watch & Game Thread: #3 Purdue (23-3) at Maryland (17-8)

Ah, Purdue. At this point, hope we get a regular season title out of it and hang on to a 2-seed.

Final Four feels like a pipe dream.
Purdue would have to have an epic collapse to get to a 2 seed. Everyone else is losing too. Except Houston.

This is all on Painter he is an A-class p*ssy. Weak human being. The officals let our guys get bullied and bullied and bullied every single play and Painter does nothing until the player's spirits are broken. Gillis never should have gotten a T because Painter should have gotten it around the 8 min mark in the first half. Painter is an absolute joke. Purdue will finish 2nd in the conference to NW. Just like with the core 4 and with Ivey's team last year.
I thinks you are the joke. Do u know what a basketball is?

Braden was pretty GD gritty all day, and Newman to some extent, the rest no, they wet their panties.
Sorry, but Newman constantly gets lost or they simply dribble drive past him and then he fouls. He hasn't improved really at all. His game has been disappointing for me.

I'm assuming the players and fans? I'm assuming all the Purdue fans who sold out Mackey when this IU team went there? And the IU fans who sold out AH for the Purdue game Sunday?
your not a bad visitor but it's womens bball doesn't interest me

He's already been to the elite 8 (and should have been Final 4)... Seems like a great take! /s
Check back when he returns to the elite 8. Going to let NU beat them out for the league? We should hang an elite 8 should have been FF banner.

too many stand around shooters and a couple of guys that are offensively challenged. We're just a good team when not getting the calls that we were getting earlier
2nd person to chirp into a conversation that has nothing to do with "this" team. Keep up!

He also gave up a ton on the defensive side. He's not quick enough
Got you and Morty was pretty good on the dribble. Gave up the pull up threes and of course really attacked the press with his elite offensive skills. How many points did he have?

Furst and Morton were Mr Basketball’s, the fact that they combined to score 0 points is embarrassing, that can’t happen!
Morton seems to have a ton of that. Great defender with minimal offensive skills. Just like CMP told Smith to do SHOOT or your not a threat.

Morton seems to have a ton of that. Great defender with minimal offensive skills. Just like CMP told Smith to do SHOOT or your not a threat.
Morton can drive on occasion and score, geez, pick up some guys like Loyer that are struggling. Furst has had 1 good game in a month, he’s better than this.

IU game??
The last two games you could see from teh start that NW and Maryland could play as physical as wanted on Zach. Doing this is not just a problem for Zach, but with a team structured around Zach...that single element is devestating to Purdue offensively. This is the type of D that has happened in the tourney...smaller, quicker players allowed to play however to compensate for being smaller

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
Morton can drive on occasion and score, geez, pick up some guys like Loyer that are struggling. Furst has had 1 good game in a month, he’s better than this.
Yes, but we have one 6' guard that can dribble drive. Loyer (which I do love his game) but doesn't have the frame to hold up against tough 2 guards in the B1G, Morton a 4,3 & 3 guard that plays great defense, but doesn't even look for his shot, Furst has been struggling at 5&4 and a stud NPOY. Let's be honest without CMP and Zach we're probably bottom dwellers.

The last two games you could see from teh start that NW and Maryland could play as physical as wanted on Zach. Doing this is not just a problem for Zach, but with a team structured around Zach...that single element is devestating to Purdue offensively. This is the type of D that has happened in the tourney...smaller, quicker players allowed to play however to compensate for being smaller
No, my conversation was about the IU vs NW game where Sleepy got a tech and the 2nd half that game was called totally different

Yes, but we have one 6' guard that can dribble drive. Loyer (which I do love his game) but doesn't have the frame to hold up against tough 2 guards in the B1G, Morton a 4,3 & 3 guard that plays great defense, but doesn't even look for his shot, Furst has been struggling at 5&4 and a stud NPOY. Let's be honest without CMP and Zach we're probably bottom dwellers.
Without Edey and Purdue is struggling. But the same can be said about Indiana and TJD, Kansas and Wilson etc.

7-8th place, you’re correct. I think I sub in Gillis next game.

Reactions: Poprudy
Morning after, how is everyone feeling?
Fine, shoveling snow, we finally got some in Northwest Indiana. Purdue got beat, it happens, let’s be happy with what we have so far this year, I sure didn’t expect it. I expect two wins next week, how about you?

Probably throw Newman in there as well
Maybe he is about to see more minutes? If he just doesn't go into autopass and hunt shots he could answer the bell on a couple of things
I think it’s time. For no other reason than the offense has become stale and predictable. The word is out, stop Edey by any means necessary and you stop Purdue…and it’s working. Maybe mixing up the lineups or rotations would help guys like Newman, Jenkins, Loyer, Furst, TKR, Gillis, and Morton refocus and find their offense.

*edit: added Furst

Reactions: tjreese
Morning after, how is everyone feeling?

Thanks for interacting with us on the message boards.

How are you doing today? It's gotta be challenging at times for you guys: being alums, fans, but also as professional writers and columnists, to try and remain neutral and not come off as total homers.

Happen to enjoy both this site & TOS. Keep up the good work!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT