ADVERTISEMENT

How many points will Purdue need to win at Illinois?

WTH? The score was 77-71. What does 78 have to do with anything?
The original question of this thread was how many points do you think it will take for Purdue to win. I said 78 and that we had to slow down the pace and control the tempo in order to win. I said we needed to make Illinois play to our style rather than Purdue trying to play their style and run and gun. Purdue scored 77 points and won! Show me any poster who was closer than my prediction!

The original question of this thread was how many points do you think it will take for Purdue to win. I said 78 and that we had to slow down the pace and control the tempo in order to win. I said we needed to make Illinois play to our style rather than Purdue trying to play their style and run and gun. Purdue scored 77 points and won! Show me any poster who was closer than my prediction!
I really don't know why I bother, but did you read your own post? You said, and I quote, "I called it on the nose, I said Purdue needed 78 points to win".

Do you know what calling it on the nose means? Not only did Purdue not score 78 they only needed 72 to win.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Children I started the thread and I was way off. But the answer is 72. Now move on to how great Purdue was tonight.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Children I started the thread and I was way off. But the answer is 72. Now move on to how great Purdue was tonight.

I was too old to participate on the inquiry, but I would not have been close.... :)

giphy.gif

I really don't know why I bother, but did you read your own post? You said, and I quote, "I called it on the nose, I said Purdue needed 78 points to win".

Do you know what calling it on the nose means? Not only did Purdue not score 78 they only needed 72 to win.
So what did you project? Initially when I posted. I thought the final score matched my prediction. I double checked and found I was one point off. Nobody else was close to that score! I also said Purdue had to slow the game tempo down! I also said Purdue had to use Heide and Gillis to guard their bigger guards because ours are too short. I nailed it!

So what was your prediction. Did you even have one? Did you even dare go out on a limb to make one. Sure cut me down. Where’s your pre game take? At least I had the coconuts to make one and my pregame posts were not edited! They stand on their own !

So what did you project? Initially when I posted. I thought the final score matched my prediction. I double checked and found I was one point off. Nobody else was close to that score! I also said Purdue had to slow the game tempo down! I also said Purdue had to use Heide and Gillis to guard their bigger guards because ours are too short. I nailed it!

So what was your prediction. Did you even have one? Did you even dare go out on a limb to make one. Sure cut me down. Where’s your pre game take? At least I had the coconuts to make one and my pregame posts were not edited! They stand on their own !
Congratulations. You are proud of your accomplishments, as you should be.

Congrats, Wole! Take the rest of the week off to celebrate!

• Love
Reactions: boilerzz

Congratulations, you are the best PU fan alive and a true savant. I apologize for pointing out you were wrong. Next time I will just let you revel in your own greatness.

My pregame take was we needed to limit turnovers to single digits. Post #22 in this thread.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT