ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue 83, Illinois 78 - Quick Wrap

Purdue resists a furious Illinois comeback to win 83-78 in a battle of top 10 teams.

I don't post often, but that was probably the worst officiating I have ever seen in my life. That flagrant against Jones was top-3 worst in my 41 years of life.

They completely removed Edey from the game, which gave Illinois an easy route to a comeback. Then, they desperately try to hand it to them with call after call that even a rec league official would do better. Domask basically didn't dribble on that last heave - I thought for sure they'd give him FTs. Great job fighting through adversity, Boilers, but that was unacceptable.

I don't post often, but that was probably the worst officiating I have ever seen in my life. That flagrant against Jones was top-3 worst in my 41 years of life.

They completely removed Edey from the game, which gave Illinois an easy route to a comeback. Then, they desperately try to hand it to them with call after call that even a rec league official would do better. Domask basically didn't dribble on that last heave - I thought for sure they'd give him FTs. Great job fighting through adversity, Boilers, but that was unacceptable.

True refs were beyond bad.

That said they did not cause Smith's 2nd half TOs. They did not cause Loyer to disappear with another ghost game vs Illinois. So to be fair enough blame on Purdue there for it to be close

Reactions: drewjin
What shocked me pregame was a 150.9 O/U. Knew that wouldn't be close. Easy money for the betters.

True refs were beyond bad.

That said they did not cause Smith's 2nd half TOs. They did not cause Loyer to disappear with another ghost game vs Illinois. So to be fair enough blame on Purdue there for it to be close
Some of Smith's turnovers were caused by other players not looking for the ball or being in the right place for the ball, IMHO...

It is why you have to elevate your game and play at a level that eliminates the referees' influence.

I thought our guards were getting roughed up coming off screens but nothing is called. Zach moves his foot and the ILL guy trips and a foul is called.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT