ADVERTISEMENT

Hodges is right

hunkgolden

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2004
@Recruit_Guru
Saw your post on KHC but I'm not a member (don't ask how I saw it). Anyway - been coaching travel ball for the last 8 years in a different sport but I can tell you his is 100% right. ALL of the recruiting services do is line their own pockets. ID Camps, showcases, tournaments, and building relationships with coaches is how you get noticed. Recruiting services literally do nothing.

@Recruit_Guru
Saw your post on KHC but I'm not a member (don't ask how I saw it). Anyway - been coaching travel ball for the last 8 years in a different sport but I can tell you his is 100% right. ALL of the recruiting services do is line their own pockets. ID Camps, showcases, tournaments, and building relationships with coaches is how you get noticed. Recruiting services literally do nothing.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... YUP!

Been involved with a travel sport for a number of years. Recruiting services can... CAN help connect players with opportunities.

BUT...!... I'm not a fan.

Get into tournaments. Talk to coaches. TALK! Engage. Don't suck up, but begin to build relationships. First, identify areas of study. If you're an engineering mind, DON'T target liberal arts colleges. Instead, actively seek out the schools who have your area(s) of study.

Of course, this assumes you KNOW what you want academically.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT