ADVERTISEMENT

Has Purdue found their DC?

Has Purdue found their DC but are waiting to announce it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The more I read about Dennison the more I like him as a possibility, along with Marcus Freeman of Cincinnati. Both have games yet to play, with Louisville playing the on 30th and Cincinnati on the 2nd. Wouldn't be surprised if Purdue hasn't already made the choice and waiting to announce until coach's current season/obligation is completed(same would apply if the choice is a current NFL assistant whose team isn't making the playoffs). There's not really a big recruiting advantage to gain by revealing the hire immediately - we're in a no contact/dead period at the moment I believe.
Both Dennison and Freeman would be underwhelming hires, but Freeman has at least DC’d a decent defense. Louisville’s defense was statistically worse than Purdue’s this season. That is no small feat!

Reactions: SKYDOG
Both Dennison and Freeman would be underwhelming hires, but Freeman has at least DC’d a decent defense. Louisville’s defense was statistically worse than Purdue’s this season. That is no small feat!

Who are you recommending instead of those two then?

I'm not advocating that he definitely be the choice(just one of the possibilities) but Dennison was brought in this year(January 2019) as co-coordinator so that defense isn't entirely his to run, and his primary responsibility is at the LB position, which is a position of need on the Purdue staff. He's been named one of the top young assistant coaches. He also was at least partially responsible for the recruitment of a 4☆ LB in their 2020 class.
Freeman has led the development of a pretty solid defense and been responsible for the recruitment of another 4☆ defensive player and multiple DL/LB commits who were also offered by Purdue in their last two classes. Another well respected young coach whose primary responsibility is the LB position. Comparatively his Cincinnati defense held Memphis to fewer points in two games this year than the Penn State defense did in their bowl game last night. Again, not claiming he should definitely be the choice, but he certainly should be a strong consideration.

Last edited:
Reactions: pb1941
Who are you recommending instead of those two then?
Hopefully somebody at least as accomplished as Holt was prior to coming to Purdue. As abruptly as he was terminated and right before signing day, my hope was Brohm had an upgrade lined up.

Reactions: TMA62
Could be just a mutual agreement made between the future boss and the candidate regarding the timeliness of the announcement.

Gotta believe B knows who he wants and would have hired already if available. May have been turned down by his first 2-3, but most likely the hire still has loyalty to their current team with games to play; be it college or pro.

Interesting thought that the last two teams to beat a very good Ohio State team the last two one loss seasons, are Clemson and Purdue.
And they decided to make OSU beat them with the pass and OSU finally made enough mistakes to beat themselves.

As someone else said, I don't know why you'd get rid of Holt If you didn't already know your choice was going to say yes.

I’m thinking Bobinski and Brohm arrived at that decision together to move on. No doubt that there is a short list. The question is: Did the candidate say yes and we are waiting thru New Year’s day or will the announcement come as early as tomorrow?
As others on this board know that old saying, “We’ll know more tomorrow”.

I’m thinking Bobinski and Brohm arrived at that decision together to move on. No doubt that there is a short list. The question is: Did the candidate say yes and we are waiting thru New Year’s day or will the announcement come as early as tomorrow?
As others on this board know that old saying, “We’ll know more tomorrow”.
I think the same
Needed to move on. Energy is everything and the D has been missing it on game day. Sure, injuries were a part of it, so was the lack of quality depth overall. Holt might have been collateral damage from both but sometimes you have to do those things as the HC to keep everything moving forward

Reactions: MilwaukeeBoilerFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT