ADVERTISEMENT

Crazy Stat / Key to Nebraska Game

Apr 5, 2022
I’ve noticed that Purdue cannot seem to recover a fumble this season. Or if they do, it gets reversed upon review (Syracuse).
I did some digging and found that Purdue was dead last (128/128) in rumble recovery percentage in Hazel’s last year. Immediately, Brohm turned the program around and rocketed Purdue to 1st in the country in 2017. A true Scott Frost turnaround. Since then, Purdue was last (130/130) in 2021 and is 123/130 in 2022. I’m just going to retroactively say that Purdue has as many imaginary titles as Frost does if we could’ve caught some more breaks last year.

Reactions: PUQBMan.
Very interesting stat.

I can understand this year (sort of) due to a lack of pass rush, thus rarely a chance for a strip. Can't really explain last year though.

Last edited:
I’ve noticed that Purdue cannot seem to recover a fumble this season. Or if they do, it gets reversed upon review (Syracuse).
I did some digging and found that Purdue was dead last (128/128) in rumble recovery percentage in Hazel’s last year. Immediately, Brohm turned the program around and rocketed Purdue to 1st in the country in 2017. A true Scott Frost turnaround. Since then, Purdue was last (130/130) in 2021 and is 123/130 in 2022. I’m just going to retroactively say that Purdue has as many imaginary titles as Frost does if we could’ve caught some more breaks last year.

In all seriousness, I believe Nebraska may have been something like 128th nationally in fumble recoveries last season. So its possible if the ball is fumbled on Saturday, it will just lay there motionless and play will be stopped.

Very interesting stat.

I can understand this year (sort of) due to a lack of pass rush, thus rarely a chance for a strip. Can't really explain last year though.
we can cross this off as the reason! 0/3 on strip sack recoveries now, so that isn’t it lol

ADVERTISEMENT