ADVERTISEMENT

Haralson update

Painter did offer other players recently so I would say he knew Sisley wasn’t going to Purdue.
That’s a good point.

Said it before but when he left to play at MtV, I think our odds dropped.

Sucks to miss out on him but Painter has shown time and again to be able to find gems and get guys that fit our system.

Short term sting = yes.
Long term = TBD.

As usual, the reading comprehension of you gapped toothed indinia fans is lacking.

But again congrats on your preseason championship! It'll amount to nothing for you as usual, but congrats anyway!
Keyboard tough guys like you are hilarious! 😂. Keep stroking those keys in the basement and don’t forget to wash your hands before mommy brings your snack pack down to you

Painter clearly wanted Sisley and it always sucks to lose a guy MP wanted, particularly for IU. Congrats to IU and good for Trent for landing where he wanted to go. It will be interesting to see the impact that this has on Purdue.

I think the odds of Painter landing Singleton or SWA are less than 50% and if we miss on those two the Sisley loss stings. If we land either it will just depend upon development.

Painter clearly wanted Sisley and it always sucks to lose a guy MP wanted, particularly for IU. Congrats to IU and good for Trent for landing where he wanted to go. It will be interesting to see the impact that this has on Purdue.

I think the odds of Painter landing Singleton or SWA are less than 50% and if we miss on those two the Sisley loss stings. If we land either it will just depend upon development.
Yeah may sting more in the long run…but didn’t see him having a huge impact next year for Purdue due to all the experience that will be back (as long as that happens).

He would have been a good foundational piece from the 26-27 season and on tho. Hope it works out and he gets what he wanted.

Still smarting from not winning a championship with Edey? I get it.
Well sure we are. And you're still smarting from the ass whipping our Boilers gave you.
And from being totally irrelevant in your own state. I mean, can you beat Butler out for 3d best program in the state? yikes......
I reckon seeing the Boilers in the national championship had to have frosted your wheaties! :)

Haralson probably isn't but Sisley and Mullins are. I'd say Haralson is probably a 2 year guy.
If Haralson wants to be a PG, none of his top 3 make sense. All have a guy at the PG spot for the next 2 years. MSU and ND seem to have less guards though than IU will. Will be interesting to see who he picks on Wednesday.

My 2 cents on recruiting....CMP has a gift , we learned with Edey when he found a diamond in the , not even on the radar and look at Smith. He has the ability to bring these kids in and make them into contenders champions and 2 national player of the year. That's what I love about Purdue and CMP.

Well sure we are. And you're still smarting from the ass whipping our Boilers gave you.
And from being totally irrelevant in your own state. I mean, can you beat Butler out for 3d best program in the state? yikes......
I reckon seeing the Boilers in the national championship had to have frosted your wheaties! :)
Nah, but watching them lose was glorious!

If Haralson wants to be a PG, none of his top 3 make sense. All have a guy at the PG spot for the next 2 years. MSU and ND seem to have less guards though than IU will. Will be interesting to see who he picks on Wednesday.
Fears looked pretty bad at MSU early on and then he got shot in the leg. I don't get the hype with him. Haralson can beat out Fears for PG minutes IMO if that's what he wants. Burton and Rice not so much.

Fears looked pretty bad at MSU early on and then he got shot in the leg. I don't get the hype with him. Haralson can beat out Fears for PG minutes IMO if that's what he wants. Burton and Rice not so much.
Lot of talk about fears looking really good on their Europe trip and in practice 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Roeder
I'd be surprised if Mullins is one and done. But who knows. People didn't expect Reed Sheppard to be either but that kid was super fun watch. Sometimes kids surprise with how good they are.
Probably depends on how well he does in his first year and what the draft class looks like. I mean Reed benefited from a decent year and a weak draft class. Same could happen for Mullins.

I’m not a NBA expert so no clue who would be in that draft class

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Even more glorious was seeing IU miss the tourney….again. And not seeing them make the second weekend for 20+ years with all that talent is hilarious
indinia has really become the Al Bundy of college basketball. Holding on to yesteryear because their present and future are all behind everyone else all while barely being able to hold down a women's shoe store job.

I am also pretty convinced that the most vocal of indinia fans that come here have never even been to the main campus and get Bloomington confused with the city in Illinois.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
Probably depends on how well he does in his first year and what the draft class looks like. I mean Reed benefited from a decent year and a weak draft class. Same could happen for Mullins.

I’m not a NBA expert so no clue who would be in that draft class
Reed would have been a Top 5 pick in pretty much any year. Insanely high IQ and an elite athlete and an elite shooter. I'm not sure if Mullins has that kind of bounce to him. Reed was also a very savvy defender with quick hands.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Reed would have been a Top 5 pick in pretty much any year. Insanely high IQ and an elite athlete and an elite shooter. I'm not sure if Mullins has that kind of bounce to him. Reed was also a very savvy defender with quick hands.
If we just look at the last decade, top 10 for sure…but top 5? Probably only 2016,2020 and 2021 classes since they were kinda weak.

If we just look at the last decade, top 10 for sure…but top 5? Probably only 2016,2020 and 2021 classes since they were kinda weak.
He would have pushed the Thompsons in 2023. He would have been ahead of Ivey in 2022. Above Garland in 2019. 2018... Probably would have gotten close to Top 5. I'd personally take him over Trae Young but that's just me. Would have gotten close in 2017. So yea Top 10 for sure. He would have pushed for top 5 in some of those years. I don't know if I'd take him over Fox or not. Maybe it would have pushed Josh Jackson away from #4 and dropped him. That Suns team needed a point guard so badly. I just don't like Trae Young, so I would absolutely take Reed over him but I think Young has the publicity for chucking long distance.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
And yet your whole board goes crazy if we come over and make fun of IU for getting swept by Penn state, Rutgers and northwestern. But here you are…bragging about a recruit…on your rivals board.

And with your 1932 remark…have you enjoyed watching IU basketball the last 35 years? Has it been that great for you? Cuz as Purdue fans, basketball has been really fun watching the teams compete in the tourney and winning A LOT of games in that time span—and not just barely beating cupcakes.

He would have pushed the Thompsons in 2023. He would have been ahead of Ivey in 2022. Above Garland in 2019. 2018... Probably would have gotten close to Top 5. I'd personally take him over Trae Young but that's just me. Would have gotten close in 2017. So yea Top 10 for sure. He would have pushed for top 5 in some of those years. I don't know if I'd take him over Fox or not. Maybe it would have pushed Josh Jackson away from #4 and dropped him. That Suns team needed a point guard so badly. I just don't like Trae Young, so I would absolutely take Reed over him but I think Young has the publicity for chucking long distance.
Agree to disagree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT