ADVERTISEMENT

Great to have you coming back Edey!!

A couple of players decided to stay in the draft. I have to believe that some teams may have said we like you but we like these players more.

Yes!! Should be fun to watch! Let the arm chair coaching/lineup suggestions begin ………..

Loyer
Smith
Z
TKR
Gillis

Colvin
Jones
Gillis
Furst
Heide

Morton plug and play as needed

I believe as part of the combine Edey probably was also able to also touch base with some NIL benefactors who also promised him a nice tidy sum of money if he stayed at Purdue.

Yes!! Should be fun to watch! Let the arm chair coaching/lineup suggestions begin ………..

Loyer
Smith
Z
TKR
Gillis

Colvin
Jones
Gillis
Furst
Heide

Morton plug and play as needed

Love having Edey back. He will be a monster, and I wish him the best in the NIL department. Will be fun to watch. He will be the NPOY in 23-24. Can't wait.

That said, how far we go still all comes down to guard play. However it happens, the 1,2,3 have to have improved seasons next year....both at threes & creating offense. Guards got to be tougher & impose their will over every game.

Love having Edey back. He will be a monster, and I wish him the best in the NIL department. Will be fun to watch. He will be the NPOY in 23-24. Can't wait.

That said, how far we go still all comes down to guard play. However it happens, the 1,2,3 have to have improved seasons next year....both at threes & creating offense. Guards got to be tougher & impose their will over every game.
I am bullish on the Purdue backcourt and the 23-24 season!

Last summer, I had no expectations of a Big Ten title and a #1 seed in the NCAA Tournament this past season. Purdue had no proven guards returning and there was every reason to expect a step back with all the talent leaving the program. This season, my expectations are higher than they have been since before Robbie Hummel’s second ACL tear. Smith and Loyer will be sophomores and will not allow a repeat of the FDU game.

Purdue had a great season last season with freshman guards that is going to be better 2nd year in the system then they bring in a freshman that is all that as a player in myles then you add heide and if he can stay healthy berg and tkr who painter him self said he should have played more last year there is no way that happens again no way

Reactions: Schnelk

No chance he is POY again, will be different offense and the goal is the end game, not getting another NPOY.

I believe as part of the combine Edey probably was also able to also touch base with some NIL benefactors who also promised him a nice tidy sum of money if he stayed at Purdue.
I guess all that supposed NIL money that IU was going to throw out to Edey didn’t work out for them.

i-am-so-happy-minions.gif

Right, so if anything Zach will be even more efficient than he was previously...Im also assuming he will be a little bit better too.

Right, so if anything Zach will be even more efficient than he was previously...Im also assuming he will be a little bit better too.
Is efficiency really a metric that matters? I'd be curious to see where the FF teams ranked in offensive efficiency.

Congratulations on getting Edey for another season - he will be an unstoppable force. But I wonder if he made the right choice (for him)? His size, which is his greatest strength, may not translate well to the NBA. And he risks getting injured (which I hope does not happen).

The last 8 national champs have ranked 3, 6, 2, 2, 1, 9, 3, and 3 in KenPom offensive efficiency (starting with most recent). The last fluke, I would say, was UConn at 39 in 2014.

and that UCONN squad had some guards who could make big-time plays and got hot at the right time.....hell, they've won two NCAA titles doing that......but as you say BDaddy - somewhat of an outlier to the general consensus theme.

No chance he is POY again, will be different offense and the goal is the end game, not getting another NPOY.

Ok likely not..... that is understandable....but. NO chance?? That is a bit overstated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT