ADVERTISEMENT

great things ahead!

You missed my point. There OBVIOUSLY was no "comparison" meant between Dow & (retroactively evaluated) Bade. Was just mentioning, again, that the phrase " Painter saw something" in (fill in player's name) has no meaning whatsoever, given the fact that he's "seen something" in every single player he's ever offered a scholarship to. A fine point. Maybe too fine a point, I'll admit.
The phrase has no meaning the way you are misusing it. That part is true.

Your statement was in accurate. Auburn was 11. Texas tech was 45 (6 points in receiving votes). I dont know who Auburn's preseason star was and Culver didnt really emerge until the season started.

Okeke for Auburn
Culver was definitely a star, he emerged the year before when Texas tech took Purdue out in the S16.

I know I said Auburn was top 10.. I guess I was WAY wrong there, they were 11.

I guess Tech wasn't as high on the list as the "experts" suggested (and I thought), but I definitely remember the whooping they put on our boilers the year before and I would've bet money they were going to be in the race for a S16 again, which they obviously were.

Either way, comparing apples to oranges. The returnees we got this year compared to Auburn/TTechs returnees last year are incomparable.

None of those other people you mentioned were on his "A" list. They were offered after his preferred choices went elsewhere. Dow was the one he wanted.
For the purpose of the point I was trying to make, the letter of the alphabet b4 the word "list" is a distinction without a difference.

The phrase has no meaning the way you are misusing it. That part is true.
Why don't you, then, share with us the proper use of the phrase, since you feel it was "misused" ?? ( Don't forget to include the precise connotation of the word "saw" that appeared in my post. Mind-reading skills, of course, are especially valuable in doing so.)

BRA I nor my son owe you nothing plz understand that. He has nothing ever to prove to you but himself.
I'm waiting. He'll get a chance to prove himself. I will be pleased if he proves that you're correct. Do you have any video to show us that he has done this before becoming a Boiler? If he does not fulfill your expectations as a point guard, how else might coach use him on offense? Who might you have in mind to fill that position assuming that you would put the success of the team before the interests of your son?

I'm waiting. He'll get a chance to prove himself. I will be pleased if he proves that you're correct. Do you have any video to show us that he has done this before becoming a Boiler? If he does not fulfill your expectations as a point guard, how else might coach use him on offense? Who might you have in mind to fill that position assuming that you would put the success of the team before the interests of your son?
There is nothing else to discuss have a good day

Why don't you, then, share with us the proper use of the phrase, since you feel it was "misused" ?? ( Don't forget to include the precise connotation of the word "saw" that appeared in my post. Mind-reading skills, of course, are especially valuable in doing so.)
Umm, I already did. You responded to it. Have you already forgotten? You chose to take it out of context to fit your agenda, whatever it is. Maybe that's what needs to be explained.

Umm, I already did. You responded to it. Have you already forgotten? You chose to take it out of context to fit your agenda, whatever it is. Maybe that's what needs to be explained.
" What needs to be explained" is you wondering " what needs to be explained". There's no "agenda" here, there was nothing "taken out of context". Some other time, huh ?

When last season ended like it did, I found myself wondering who was going to fill the void with Carsen and Cline leaving. As the off season wears on I am seeing a lot of promising developments. The addition of Proctor, Nojel putting in the work, Tre making the USA 19 team, the more that I think about it, the more confident I get.. I think Tre will be outstanding playing for team USA. He's going to really push Haarms for minutes. If Proctor can come in and give us 10 to 12 points a game, we're going to be awfully hard to beat.

When last season ended like it did, I found myself wondering who was going to fill the void with Carsen and Cline leaving. As the off season wears on I am seeing a lot of promising developments. The addition of Proctor, Nojel putting in the work, Tre making the USA 19 team, the more that I think about it, the more confident I get.. I think Tre will be outstanding playing for team USA. He's going to really push Haarms for minutes. If Proctor can come in and give us 10 to 12 points a game, we're going to be awfully hard to beat.
Love the enthusiasm!

This team will make the Final 4 in 2020 for the 1st time since 1980.
There will be plenty of ups throughout the season and some growing pains that are not expected. But the road ends with a spot in the 2020 Final 4 in Atlanta. Boiler Up!

Reactions: Fansince72
The EE experience should help this bunch s lot. They got a taste of it and want to return to it. If NE comes back with a consistent outside shot he can knock down this team could be a force. The skill leaps from freshman to sophomore must be apparent also. Hoping for a fun ride.
It is going to be a very fun ride with a 2020 Final Four and 2021 National Championship coming Purdue and Boiler Nation's way very soon.

ONE......MORE......TIME...….I have not ever,....EVER …..commented on Matt Painter's recruiting style, success, or anything he has ever said in this regard. With me so far ??? Love the guy. On a 10-pt. scale for college b-ball coaches, he's a 10 in my book. I posted (now 4 times) about how POSTERS to this board have occasionally mentioned that CMP " saw something" in a particular recruit b4 coming to Purdue. Still with me ?? I have not and WILL NOT be "bitching" about anything that he's ever done or MIGHT do in the next 2 1/2 billion years when the sun finally flames out.
Hope we're clear. BoilerGal...you keep up your good work, y'hear ?
Someone needed to step up since Wolegib has been absent.

You understand how to use Google right? There are videos everywhere. He was a 4 star recruit. Do you honestly think we recruited someone who can’t shoot? IIRC - His HS coach is still on record as saying he had the best 3 point shot he’s ever coached.

Or follow Treed on Twitter. Plenty of great video there.

Or just keep being a troll.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT