ADVERTISEMENT

great things ahead!

Feb 1, 2012
I'm anticipating great things from this team and coaching staff! Final four run and top two in the big 10!

Haarms a force n tough matchup Williams gonna be close to unstoppable eastern tough matchup new guard a great addition wheeler another tough matchup! Sasha, hunter, dow, ebx all putting in the time too improve along with the team aspect part of the game which will and is making this team extremely fun to watch!!!! Go boilers!!!

I'm anticipating great things from this team and coaching staff! Final four run and top two in the big 10!

Haarms a force n tough matchup Williams gonna be close to unstoppable eastern tough matchup new guard a great addition wheeler another tough matchup! Sasha, hunter, dow, ebx all putting in the time too improve along with the team aspect part of the game which will and is making this team extremely fun to watch!!!! Go boilers!!!
I am with you! I see Purdue making the 2020 Final 4 as well. Fun year ahead. Go Purdue.

Is this Treed’s alternate account?

7'3 vanilla ice will leave for the NBA after this year to assume his 5 to 7 year NBA journeyman career as a 9th or 10th man. Then a few years in Europe or S. America. Congrats to him, even the NBA minimum is a very handsome amount of money.
Your program has some MAJOR challenges right around the corner !!

* If IPFW is on the '19/'20 schedule, can you get over the hump ??
*Can you get to .500 in the B10 ??
*Make the NCAA before Christ comes back to earth ??

Reactions: pboiler18
7'3 vanilla ice will leave for the NBA after this year to assume his 5 to 7 year NBA journeyman career as a 9th or 10th man. Then a few years in Europe or S. America. Congrats to him, even the NBA minimum is a very handsome amount of money.
He could start for IU!!! That says plenty about both programs right now.

Reactions: pboiler18

I like your enthusiasm but think we are a year away from another deep run. Personally I think we come in second or third in the B1G and make a nice run to the S16. I expect us to be more balanced than probably in quite some time, but will be learning to play with out CE along the way.

Here is the amazing thing, I would consider this a "down" year for us but still can see us making a S16. If that is our new norm when we are down, I'll take it.

I like your enthusiasm but think we are a year away from another deep run. Personally I think we come in second or third in the B1G and make a nice run to the S16. I expect us to be more balanced than probably in quite some time, but will be learning to play with out CE along the way.

Here is the amazing thing, I would consider this a "down" year for us but still can see us making a S16. If that is our new norm when we are down, I'll take it.

Yea, no way we are a FF team next year. I agree we will be good, but I dont see the team scoring that a FF team needs. Hope they prove me wrong.

This team and players heard the same old song last year what happen. Players leave other players emerge swangigan left what happen 4 seniors left what happen carsen Cline and Eifert r gone watch what happens

Yea, no way we are a FF team next year. I agree we will be good, but I dont see the team scoring that a FF team needs. Hope they prove me wrong.
This team and players heard that b4 as always they proven doubters wrong. Texas tech wasn’t even thought of as a final 4 team neither was auburn what happen. I get it carsen and Cline left a scoring hole and Eifert hustle some of u believe that this team cannot duplicate I beg to differ but as always some jump on bandwagon when proven wrong. I watched them practice this team is gonna be dangerous

This team and players heard the same old song last year what happen. Players leave other players emerge swangigan left what happen 4 seniors left what happen carsen Cline and Eifert r gone watch what happens
You are correct and what I said wasn't a knock on the team, but we lost someone quite a bit different than the others you mention. CE was the most prolific scorer probably in school history and it will take a team effort to fill that void.

Again what I said wasn't a knock on the team or anyone on it, I am just keeping my expectations in check until we see how they come together and play when the season starts.

I'm going to hold judgement on whether this is a FF team or not. I didn't even think we were a tourney team in Dec last year and we damn near made the FF! I think Painter will figure out all these pieces and put together a solid squad. Will be interesting to see who the 'go to' guy is in crunch time because we've known who is was for the last 4-5 years.

You are correct and what I said wasn't a knock on the team, but we lost someone quite a bit different than the others you mention. CE was the most prolific scorer probably in school history and it will take a team effort to fill that void.

Again what I said wasn't a knock on the team or anyone on it, I am just keeping my expectations in check until we see how they come together and play when the season starts.
I’m just giving u my opinion my point is players leave others emerge no matter the status

CE was the most prolific scorer probably in school history and it....

Love Carsen, but not really even close with that opinion.
The EE experience should help this bunch s lot. They got a taste of it and want to return to it. If NE comes back with a consistent outside shot he can knock down this team could be a force. The skill leaps from freshman to sophomore must be apparent also. Hoping for a fun ride.

Reactions: johnwooden1932
I'm going to hold judgement on whether this is a FF team or not. I didn't even think we were a tourney team in Dec last year and we damn near made the FF! I think Painter will figure out all these pieces and put together a solid squad. Will be interesting to see who the 'go to' guy is in crunch time because we've known who is was for the last 4-5 years.
I guess that fair to wait and see like most teams wait and see. Kentucky duke north Carolina Kansas all the blue bloods are predicted to make a final 4 every single year the last 4 years what has happen teams come out of nowhere and get there call it luck call it matchups call it whatever u want teams that play together with more balance scoring tend to fair better in the tournament run u get hot shooting it happens as well but watching those 4 teams that made that’s what they had. Texas tech and auburn wasn’t a preseason favorite to get to a final 4 both teams got got playing there best basketball at the right time did the unspeakable.

I guess that fair to wait and see like most teams wait and see. Kentucky duke north Carolina Kansas all the blue bloods are predicted to make a final 4 every single year the last 4 years what has happen teams come out of nowhere and get there call it luck call it matchups call it whatever u want teams that play together with more balance scoring tend to fair better in the tournament run u get hot shooting it happens as well but watching those 4 teams that made that’s what they had. Texas tech and auburn wasn’t a preseason favorite to get to a final 4 both teams got got playing there best basketball at the right time did the unspeakable.
How is your boy’s outside shot looking? That’s his next step to greatness on the court. I look for him to be the leader next season.

Love Carsen, but not really even close with that opinion.
Except that I'm not. He just got done setting records in the tourney and he could for the most part score at will.

But whatever, not going argue a point that is moot anyway.

The EE experience should help this bunch s lot. They got a taste of it and want to return to it. If NE comes back with a consistent outside shot he can knock down this team could be a force. The skill leaps from freshman to sophomore must be apparent also. Hoping for a fun ride.
That’s my point u hit it on the nail E8 experience 7 return who played in those big games all played a part why Purdue was winning who won a big 10 Championship and got to an elite 8 they didn’t forget that it’s still fresh in their memory saying so close to a final 4 all that returns. Many players much improved and more min more production those are almost facts. Nojel is ready to take his game to a new level so are the others. The new additions are good to will help in making this team a force to be reckon with. I agree with what u said to. Nojel has put in tones and tones of work in finding his rhythm most important he’s finding his confidence add it all up he ready to hoop again

How is your boy’s outside shot looking? That’s his next step to greatness on the court. I look for him to be the leader next season.
Shot looks good shooting it is most important in 5 on 5 1 on 1 -and 3 on 3. He didn’t forget how to shoot he lacked confidence in shooting it. He played his role to help the team win was his primary concern it paid off

Shot looks good shooting it is most important in 5 on 5 1 on 1 -and 3 on 3. He didn’t forget how to shoot he lacked confidence in shooting it. He played his role to help the team win was his primary concern it paid off
He’s so valuable to his team. I think a consistent outside shot probably punches his ticket to the league and surely puts Purdue in a position to make another run. We have bigs in MH and TW. If we have outside shooting TW will be s monster inside. Hoping Hunter and Wheeler’s shooting, along with NE allows that to happen.

He’s so valuable to his team. I think a consistent outside shot probably punches his ticket to the league and surely puts Purdue in a position to make another run. We have bigs in MH and TW. If we have outside shooting TW will be s monster inside. Hoping Hunter and Wheeler’s shooting, along with NE allows that to happen.
To me his most value won’t be just his shooting yes it will help him and the team but him being the leader and putting his teammates in position to be great being vocal also encouraging his teammates no matter is going on. That’s his greatest asset he’s a team 1st player and he wants all his teammates to be successful and to me when ur leader knows your game and he knows what he can do to help u be great that goes a long way building chemistry and confidence in ur teammates. He’s worked on his whole game to improve in all areas of his game and he ready to offensively make his impact.

Well hell has certainly frozen over. You're more optimistic about the team this year than me. And I will be more optimistic I am sure once I see them play against a real team.

Who was? Big Dog or Mount? Those are really the only other two options. And....CE set the record for points scored in 4 games in the NCAA. I think the argument can definitely be made for him.
Holy crap now we're agreeing with one another. Who are you???

Just kidding of course.

I think people above underestimating how hard getting to the FF is.

This will be a very good team that will compete hard in the B1G. That does not automatically make them a FF team.

Reactions: atmafola
Not if it depends on Eastern.

This will be a very good team that will compete hard in the B1G. That does not automatically make them a FF team.
Duke Kentucky North Carolina all get the knod to win final 4 and the last 4 years with 3 top 5 picks could not get it done. Kentucky 5/6 all Americans still cud not get it done same as North Carolina but Purdue is overlooked bcuz it’s purdue. There is no guarantees who make a final 4 but with what Purdue returns it’s certainly possible considering those same pieces played major roles into the success all season. I revisit this thread when those who question this team grit and confidence after making an elite 8 run that has all the pieces to be really really good and watch all those that doubt them suddenly jump on the bandwagon if they do the impossible. Every team looses important pieces some how some stil manage to be just as good but who am I to think Purdue cud make a run at a national title.

Who was? Big Dog or Mount? Those are really the only other two options. And....CE set the record for points scored in 4 games in the NCAA. I think the argument can definitely be made for him.

I’d add dischinger, JBC, and scheelhase to that list.

Number of 30 point games in career:
Mount - 46
Scheelhase - 33
Dischinger - 30
Robinson - 25
JBC - 10
Edwards - 9

Number of 30 point games in season:
Mount - 22 (1969)
Robinson - 18 (1994)
Scheelhase - 14 (1966)
Dischinger - 14 (1962)
Mount - 13 (1970)
Scheelhase - 12 (1965)
Mount - 11 (1968)
Dischinger - 9 (1961)
Robinson - 7 (1993)
Scheelhase - 7 (1964)
Dischinger - 7 (1960)
Edwards - 7 (2019)

Edwards’ 2019 ranks as the 11th highest single season scoring average in school history.

It would be easier to rephrase your original statement of “he’s the most prolific scorer in school history” than try to mine data that somehow supports your opinion.

Duke Kentucky North Carolina all get the knod to win final 4 and the last 4 years with 3 top 5 picks could not get it done. Kentucky 5/6 all Americans still cud not get it done same as North Carolina but Purdue is overlooked bcuz it’s purdue. There is no guarantees who make a final 4 but with what Purdue returns it’s certainly possible considering those same pieces played major roles into the success all season. I revisit this thread when those who question this team grit and confidence after making an elite 8 run that has all the pieces to be really really good and watch all those that doubt them suddenly jump on the bandwagon if they do the impossible. Every team looses important pieces some how some stil manage to be just as good but who am I to think Purdue cud make a run at a national title.

Quakerboiler and I are not anywhere close to saying the same thing.....so grouping his quote with mine makes zero sense.

I am on record predicting NE will be on one of the all B10 postseason teams (and the defensive team again). Quakerboiler thinks the opposite.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Quakerboiler and I are not anywhere close to saying the same thing.....so grouping his quote with mine makes zero sense.

I am on record predicting NE will be on one of the all B10 postseason teams (and the defensive team again). Quakerboiler thinks the opposite.
Actually it was an accident I put those 2 comments together didn’t know how to erase it but I gotcha. The mission begins Nov 5 won’t be no more talking with words but all the talking will be on the court. I respect ur opinion

I think Purdue will have the talent to make a deep tourney run, but I don't see that go to guy that we had the past 3 years. I like a S16 appearance this year. We might have to dig in defensively this year in order to make that elusive final four run.

As far as Auburn and Texas tech... I know Auburn was a preseason top 10 team and I believe Texas tech was right there as well. Auburn might've even been in the top 5 last year before going on a losing streak. Both teams were expected to do really well, and both teams had a star player.

Not saying Purdue doesn't have that kinda player, but it's unknown at this time. I'm sure we'll know who our guy(s) is come December... Hopefully they're prove me wrong and get a FF.

Everything in life is fate/destiny. So, it will be very easy for Purdue to make the Final 4 in 2020 if they are destined to. I believe they are so I will continue to predict their Final 4 appearance in Atlanta April 2020.

Everything in life is fate/destiny. So, it will be very easy for Purdue to make the Final 4 in 2020 if they are destined to. I believe they are so I will continue to predict their Final 4 appearance in Atlanta April 2020. Go Purdue!

As great a scorer as CE was, he was easier to stop/slow down than EITHER Mount or Big Dog.

Disagree: CE is effective anywhere on the floor. CE dominated the NCAAs this year and almost carried PU to a FF. Granted, Big Dog was injured during the Duke game and limited to 17 (I think?), but no one even came close to slowing CE down. The other coaches tried everything in the book and CE still was able to make absolutely amazing plays at the right time. He's a gamer.

Reactions: Ignacious McNutt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT