ADVERTISEMENT

great things ahead!

I’d add dischinger, JBC, and scheelhase to that list.

Number of 30 point games in career:
Mount - 46
Scheelhase - 33
Dischinger - 30
Robinson - 25
JBC - 10
Edwards - 9

Number of 30 point games in season:
Mount - 22 (1969)
Robinson - 18 (1994)
Scheelhase - 14 (1966)
Dischinger - 14 (1962)
Mount - 13 (1970)
Scheelhase - 12 (1965)
Mount - 11 (1968)
Dischinger - 9 (1961)
Robinson - 7 (1993)
Scheelhase - 7 (1964)
Dischinger - 7 (1960)
Edwards - 7 (2019)

Edwards’ 2019 ranks as the 11th highest single season scoring average in school history.

It would be easier to rephrase your original statement of “he’s the most prolific scorer in school history” than try to mine data that somehow supports your opinion.

So, if you were starting a team tomorrow, who would you pick first off that list?

Not if it depends on Eastern.

You may well eat those words before Nojel leaves Purdue. Teams already have to plan for him...I'm with Treed, here. Role playing early in career vice gaining confidence in new role can be huge. And NO ONE showed more improvement due to new confidence than Nojel did last year at the free throw line. He taught teams and coaches ( Izzo especially!) that if they were going to send him to the line he was just going to keep eating...And he Just ate them up!!!! Confidence is a powerful weapon....

You may well eat those words before Nojel leaves Purdue. Teams already have to plan for him...I'm with Treed, here. Role playing early in career vice gaining confidence in new role can be huge. And NO ONE showed more improvement due to new confidence than Nojel did last year at the free throw line. He taught teams and coaches ( Izzo especially!) that if they were going to send him to the line he was just going to keep eating...And he Just ate them up!!!! Confidence is a powerful weapon....
Confidence can do wonders for a player or person in general. A confident Nojel will be something special to watch this season. I’ll reiterate he did not forget how to play basketball period. He did not forget how to shoot or score the ball he just had to find himself again why he plays this game bcuz of the passion and love for this game. fresh start new season same goals but better results.

I keep telling y'all, a swole 6'7" cat going full speed off of the dribble to the rim will be unstoppable. We saw that a bit last season. If that is the game Nojel is developing to do a regular basis, add in a jumper that he is working on, this team is going to special. With Wheeler and whoever the 2 guard will be will pose problems for other teams from the outside. In addition with Haarms and I project Williams and the 4, it's going to be another inside/outside pick your poison situations for opposing teams. Damn, I can't wait for the season to begin.

Plus at least a 9 win and 3 loss football season, it's going to be an outstanding 2019-2020 year for Purdue sports.

I keep telling y'all, a swole 6'7" cat going full speed off of the dribble to the rim will be unstoppable. We saw that a bit last season. If that is the game Nojel is developing to do a regular basis, add in a jumper that he is working on, this team is going to special. With Wheeler and whoever the 2 guard will be will pose problems for other teams from the outside. In addition with Haarms and I project Williams and the 4, it's going to be another inside/outside pick your poison situations for opposing teams. Damn, I can't wait for the season to begin.

Plus at least a 9 win and 3 loss football season, it's going to be an outstanding 2019-2020 year for Purdue sports.
I’m excited too I’m jumping on that bandwagon as well. This entire team got a taste of almost a final 4 7 of those players return the train don’t stop bcuz great players leave every season it happens to every college team naw quite the opposite other great players step up with bigger roles ready to prove there worth. I can bet everything I own these boys who had that opportunity to play in those games that was so so close getting to the final 4 gonna do all they can to get to Atlanta and win it all. Different type team athletically gifted with size and length with great guard play with snipers from the outside all return add in the new addition from what I saw really good and that redshirt that sometimes is forgotten from a physical standpoint is a grown grown man athletically gifted 6”11 strong as an ox can run the floor like Haarms wait till he get some games under his belt. Trevion make that U19 team imagine what confidence he gonna be coming into the season with. When they put it all together boy boy boy watchout.

9-3 AT LEAST ??!! Lady Luck best be shinin' down real bright, BNI

I’m excited too I’m jumping on that bandwagon as well. This entire team got a taste of almost a final 4 7 of those players return the train don’t stop bcuz great players leave every season it happens to every college team naw quite the opposite other great players step up with bigger roles ready to prove there worth. I can bet everything I own these boys who had that opportunity to play in those games that was so so close getting to the final 4 gonna do all they can to get to Atlanta and win it all. Different type team athletically gifted with size and length with great guard play with snipers from the outside all return add in the new addition from what I saw really good and that redshirt that sometimes is forgotten from a physical standpoint is a grown grown man athletically gifted 6”11 strong as an ox can run the floor like Haarms wait till he get some games under his belt. Trevion make that U19 team imagine what confidence he gonna be coming into the season with. When they put it all together boy boy boy watchout.
People underestimate Dow because he redshirted. Dow was Painters #1 choice for a big man in that class. Painter saw something that few on this board have seen.

I’d add dischinger, JBC, and scheelhase to that list.

Number of 30 point games in career:
Mount - 46
Scheelhase - 33
Dischinger - 30
Robinson - 25
JBC - 10
Edwards - 9

Number of 30 point games in season:
Mount - 22 (1969)
Robinson - 18 (1994)
Scheelhase - 14 (1966)
Dischinger - 14 (1962)
Mount - 13 (1970)
Scheelhase - 12 (1965)
Mount - 11 (1968)
Dischinger - 9 (1961)
Robinson - 7 (1993)
Scheelhase - 7 (1964)
Dischinger - 7 (1960)
Edwards - 7 (2019)

Edwards’ 2019 ranks as the 11th highest single season scoring average in school history.

It would be easier to rephrase your original statement of “he’s the most prolific scorer in school history” than try to mine data that somehow supports your opinion.
And the three with most 30 point games did so without benefit of the 3 point shot.

There are many times I wonder, has the 3 point shot HELPED or HURT scoring averages...
That would depend on the individual players skill set.
Mount shot from three distance simply because that was where he was open most ofteno_O...he was not bashful!
His averages would have been insane with an extra point on all of them.
On the other hand, Robinson would not lose as much from not having the three since so many of his points came inside the line.
By the way, while I appreciate the OP’s enthusiasm for Carsen, the most prolific scorer is far and away Mount. But damn Carsen was fun to watch in that tournament setting:cool:.

That would depend on the individual players skill set.
Mount shot from three distance simply because that was where he was open most ofteno_O...he was not bashful!
His averages would have been insane with an extra point on all of them.
On the other hand, Robinson would not lose as much from not having the three since so many of his points came inside the line.
By the way, while I appreciate the OP’s enthusiasm for Carsen, the most prolific scorer is far and away Mount. But damn Carsen was fun to watch in that tournament setting:cool:.

It's often been suggested that with the 3-pt line in place, the Rocket's school record scoring performance against Iowa would have been 70 rather than a mere 61.

With that stated, I loved seeing Carsen Edwards play for Purdue and will miss his fire and strength for the Boilers. Tonight, we find out where it will continue.

It's often been suggested that with the 3-pt line in place, the Rocket's school record scoring performance against Iowa would have been 70 rather than a mere 61.

With that stated, I loved seeing Carsen Edwards play for Purdue and will miss his fire and strength for the Boilers. Tonight, we find out where it will continue.
I suspect the NBA will take him but not as early as I hope for him. They just don’t like short people.
No matter, he’ll prove his worth.

People underestimate Dow because he redshirted. Dow was Painters #1 choice for a big man in that class. Painter saw something that few on this board have seen.
I've got a pretty optimistic view of Dow's future, here. But a statement that begins "Painter saw something in ( )…. also includes guys like Patrick Bade, Jacob Lawson et al. In other words, Coach P we assume has " (seen) something" in every single scholarship offer he's ever made. The good news is, of course, is that the % of incoming recruits that really can't cut it @ the B10 level is trending SHARPLY down. Real sharply.

Reactions: burbo
I've got a pretty optimistic view of Dow's future, here. But a statement that begins "Painter saw something in ( )…. also includes guys like Patrick Bade, Jacob Lawson et al. In other words, Coach P we assume has " (seen) something" in every single scholarship offer he's ever made. The good news is, of course, is that the % of incoming recruits that really can't cut it @ the B10 level is trending SHARPLY down. Real sharply.
I'm not sure we have had one of those types of players since Grant Weatherford in the 2015 class.

Reactions: atmafola

Please don’t bring up Bade. That’s a terrible comparison. Dow may be raw, but he’s quick and athletic and can provide some good minutes of D, running the floor and rebounding.
Bade was neither quick nor athletic and reached his basketball ceiling his Jr year of high school.

Please don’t bring up Bade. That’s a terrible comparison. Dow may be raw, but he’s quick and athletic and can provide some good minutes of D, running the floor and rebounding.
Bade was neither quick nor athletic and reached his basketball ceiling his Jr year of high school.
I dont know what Dow hands and skills are like. But his size, strength and athleticism will guarantee he will be useful in the college game.

You missed my point. There OBVIOUSLY was no "comparison" meant between Dow & (retroactively evaluated) Bade. Was just mentioning, again, that the phrase " Painter saw something" in (fill in player's name) has no meaning whatsoever, given the fact that he's "seen something" in every single player he's ever offered a scholarship to. A fine point. Maybe too fine a point, I'll admit.

You’re fairly new here it appears based on the number of posts you have. You obviously don’t agree with CMP’s early recruiting philosophies where he stated “not everyone gets to ask out the Prom Queen and expect her to say yes” or words to that effect. Translated for none Purdue Grads that means you have to recruit the players you think you have a chance with...realistically. Think he would be the first to tell you he currently has more recruiting options available these days than he did when recruiting the players you mentioned.

I think Purdue will have the talent to make a deep tourney run, but I don't see that go to guy that we had the past 3 years. I like a S16 appearance this year. We might have to dig in defensively this year in order to make that elusive final four run.

As far as Auburn and Texas tech... I know Auburn was a preseason top 10 team and I believe Texas tech was right there as well. Auburn might've even been in the top 5 last year before going on a losing streak. Both teams were expected to do really well, and both teams had a star player.

Not saying Purdue doesn't have that kinda player, but it's unknown at this time. I'm sure we'll know who our guy(s) is come December... Hopefully they're prove me wrong and get a FF.

Your statement was in accurate. Auburn was 11. Texas tech was 45 (6 points in receiving votes). I dont know who Auburn's preseason star was and Culver didnt really emerge until the season started.

You’re fairly new here it appears based on the number of posts you have. You obviously don’t agree with CMP’s early recruiting philosophies where he stated “not everyone gets to ask out the Prom Queen and expect her to say yes” or words to that effect. Translated for none Purdue Grads that means you have to recruit the players you think you have a chance with...realistically. Think he would be the first to tell you he currently has more recruiting options available these days than he did when recruiting the players you mentioned.
Point missed again. Why wouldn't I be able to " agree with " CMP's recruiting philosophies of ANY time in his career ? He & his staff put in the time & effort in recruiting players proportional to the likelihood of actually signing those players. No disagreement with your post. For the 3rd time however, I will again make the only (narrow) point that I have: 100% of the time, CMP will "see something" in the players that wind up at Purdue. Just an expression. (FYI - P.U. grad/JPC member/die-hard fan)

(FYI - P.U. grad/JPC member/die-hard fan)

Well you had me fooled...But there are certainly those who consider themselves die hard fans as they bitch about Painter’s recruiting and how much more they know than him. And now Brohm’s Honeymoon is obviously over too as folks begin complaining about who he recruits. Nothing new under the Sun...

Well you had me fooled...But there are certainly those who consider themselves die hard fans as they bitch about Painter’s recruiting and how much more they know than him. And now Brohm’s Honeymoon is obviously over too as folks begin complaining about who he recruits. Nothing new under the Sun...
ONE......MORE......TIME...….I have not ever,....EVER …..commented on Matt Painter's recruiting style, success, or anything he has ever said in this regard. With me so far ??? Love the guy. On a 10-pt. scale for college b-ball coaches, he's a 10 in my book. I posted (now 4 times) about how POSTERS to this board have occasionally mentioned that CMP " saw something" in a particular recruit b4 coming to Purdue. Still with me ?? I have not and WILL NOT be "bitching" about anything that he's ever done or MIGHT do in the next 2 1/2 billion years when the sun finally flames out.
Hope we're clear. BoilerGal...you keep up your good work, y'hear ?

Reactions: Mclovin-
Quakerboiler and I are not anywhere close to saying the same thing.....so grouping his quote with mine makes zero sense.

I am on record predicting NE will be on one of the all B10 postseason teams (and the defensive team again). Quakerboiler thinks the opposite.

I'm not anti-Eastern. I'm just waiting to see him display the shooting skills his mom keeps telling us about. If the ball is going to be in his hands a lot, then he will need to be a real scoring threat from the perimeter and a great passer to enhance the scoring chances for his teammates. I haven't seen that yet. All of you who are raving about his potential are putting a lot of pressure and responsibility on his shoulders. I'm in a waiting mode and hoping. Good shooters have developed that skill BEFORE they get to college. Are there video clips of some of his high school games?

Reactions: Ignacious McNutt
I'm not anti-Eastern. I'm just waiting to see him display the shooting skills his mom keeps telling us about.
I'm in the same boat. You don't have to be anti-Eastern or think he won't succeed to want to see the things we are told. We are going to need his shooting this season more than ever, so of course we should be a bit apprehensive since it hasn't been on display........ yet.

I'm not anti-Eastern. I'm just waiting to see him display the shooting skills his mom keeps telling us about. If the ball is going to be in his hands a lot, then he will need to be a real scoring threat from the perimeter and a great passer to enhance the scoring chances for his teammates. I haven't seen that yet. All of you who are raving about his potential are putting a lot of pressure and responsibility on his shoulders. I'm in a waiting mode and hoping. Good shooters have developed that skill BEFORE they get to college. Are there video clips of some of his high school games?
BRA I nor my son owe you nothing plz understand that. He has nothing ever to prove to you but himself.

Yes there are. And they show him shooting consistently from outside.

I'm in the same boat. You don't have to be anti-Eastern or think he won't succeed to want to see the things we are told. We are going to need his shooting this season more than ever, so of course we should be a bit apprehensive since it hasn't been on display........ yet.
You get same treatment look well enough alone he owes you nothing either. Doubt him all u want fans like u always got opinions which is cool but I’ll say it again YOU do not know my son or what he can do NOV 5 you will find out other than peace.

You get same treatment look well enough alone he owes you nothing either. Doubt him all u want fans like u always got opinions which is cool but I’ll say it again YOU do not know my son or what he can do NOV 5 you will find out other than peace.
Oh good Lord give it a rest. I know I will catch grief for that but my post wasn't anywhere close to doubting him and you constantly jumping on people because we have an opinion is getting old. I have an opinion because it is my right as a human being to do so. If you don't like what I and others have to say, then perhaps these forums are not the best place to be for you.

I have defended you and your son all last season but it's simply ridiculous to get so triggered because some of us have an opinion of your son and want to see him shoot the ball once before we assume too much. WE ARE ALLOWED TO AS PURDUE GRADS AND PEOPLE THAT DONATE TO THE PROGRAM YOUR SON PLAYS FOR.

And just because in one post I am not bowing down and singing NE's praises doesn't mean I am doubting him. Not even remotely.

Reactions: cjcollie
Oh good Lord give it a rest. I know I will catch grief for that but my post wasn't anywhere close to doubting him and you constantly jumping on people because we have an opinion is getting old. I have an opinion because it is my right as a human being to do so. If you don't like what I and others have to say, then perhaps these forums are not the best place to be for you.

I have defended you and your son all last season but it's simply ridiculous to get so triggered because some of us have an opinion of your son and want to see him shoot the ball once before we assume too much. ((WE ARE ALLOWED TO AS PURDUE GRADS AND PEOPLE THAT DONATE TO THE PROGRAM YOUR SON PLAYS FOR. )

And just because in one post I am not bowing down and singing NE's praises doesn't mean I am doubting him. Not even remotely.

I have defended you and your son all last season but it's simply ridiculous to get so triggered because some of us have an opinion of your son and want to see him shoot the ball once before we assume too much. WE ARE ALLOWED TO AS PURDUE GRADS AND PEOPLE THAT DONATE TO THE PROGRAM YOUR SON PLAYS FOR.

So bcuz u r a Purdue grad and donor to the university you have rights to say what u say about my son bcuz he attends Purdue. I get it.. opinions are just that opinions that why he have free speech but u mad ur point very clear to me I’ll move on

So bcuz u r a Purdue grad and donor to the university you have rights to say what u say about my son bcuz he attends Purdue. I get it.. opinions are just that opinions that why he have free speech but u mad ur point very clear to me I’ll move on
I'm mad? not even remotely. You were the one that was triggered because I dared to say something about him and it wasn't even negative to begin with.

And I am going to do it again because yeah, I am a fan/grad/donor/human so have every right to. If you don't like it, that is your problem not mine.

I'm done going back and forth because it's fruitless. But I am most certainly going to critique Nojel when I feel like it and praise him as well. That is what fans do on a forum.

For the record I hope what you tell us is true and NE drops 45% from 3 this coming season.

I'm mad? not even remotely. You were the one that was triggered because I dared to say something about him and it wasn't even negative to begin with.

And I am going to do it again because yeah, I am a fan/grad/donor/human so have every right to. If you don't like it, that is your problem not mine.

I'm done going back and forth because it's fruitless. But I am most certainly going to critique Nojel when I feel like it and praise him as well. That is what fans do on a forum.

For the record I hope what you tell us is true and NE drops 45% from 3 this coming season.
You made ur point

None of those other people you mentioned were on his "A" list. They were offered after his preferred choices went elsewhere. Dow was the one he wanted.

Reactions: Schnelk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT