ADVERTISEMENT

Grambling v. Purdue - Game Thread (2024 NCAA Tournament, Midwest Region - round of 64)

They are drivers and shot makers mostly. D needs adjustment. Not sure if Trey can sag enough so Zach can move a couple feet closer to shooters. Stop penetration and hit FTs no turnovers
Stop the penetration or maybe come off the worst 3 point shooter and dig down on the penetration. Make Dozier kick it out to the worst outside shooter.

Reactions: tjreese
Force baseline but then you risk fouls on Zach. Might see that deeper into the half if Zach had no foul trouble
Drawback of a center focused offense. We aren’t playing the defense we need, because we’re trying to keep in the offense we need. Edey is pretty much the only player where the game plan is abusing one player as much as possible. And it only would be done with a low seed in the tourney.

We have 5 TO's. That's acceptable as long as no more than that in 2nd half. Keep feeding Edey and hit FT's and we pull away. That drop coverage defense is getting very tiresome. Wide open 10-12 foot shots are not hard.
For the love of Cthulhu, I hope Painter at least has some wrinkle to throw at them out of the half against that. At least make them think.

Reactions: Gesysp and Dryfly88
Painter is pissed about something. If this game wasn’t as close he could get T’d up and protect our damn players

TKR throwing away his rebound. I get he’s probably our 5 next year but good grief. Why are we starting this guy other than Gillis can’t function and we don’t really have a 4. I’d rather see Heidi at this point

The camera was focused on the guy drinking a beer rather than the hit on Lance. Cool

people banking on him next year, I don't know

Refs will give him calls next year. He isn’t getting calls because of Edey. It’s the stupid rules of the NCAA/NBA. TKR will be a different player without Edey.

The whole team will have better balance without Edey.

The overdependence of Edey can you win you big tens but has proven to not win tourney games

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT