Jan 5, 2020
Jenkins
Hartwig

Mbow
Mockobee

Klare
Omonode

Six guys in your 5th year, senior and junior classes. Tell me where I’m wrong

Wanna look at the 03 team? Again, if a much better coach comes here next year, that 2021 and 2022 class is still going to be a problem.

I’ll agree. Purdue’s biggest problem in the past decade is its inability to develop players to a level above what they were when they first arrived.

Wr Moore’s best season was his first year. Did he improve after that year?

George K was awesome when he arrived. How much did Purdue develop his talents after he arrived?

We say Purdue red shirts players so they can develop. But there is no development! For most Purdue players, that redshirt year is a total waste other than gaining weight from pizzas and burgers!

Have any portal transfer players improved after they arrived? Surely a Wr transfer from Georgia has improved, right? Is Card better now than he was at Texas? One of his best collegiate games was when he stepped in and played due to an injury at Texas. How much has Card improved? How much did Purdue develop his talents?

Transversely, have any players who transferred away from Purdue amounted to anything at their new school? I recall that Wr/te who left Purdue for MSU. It’s funny, I didn’t see his name in last year’s nfl draft. Purdue’s coaches ruined him. Or maybe he wasn’t good to begin with. Plummer was awesome before he came to Purdue. As were many other 4/5 star QBs who came to Purdue. Were they overhyped? Or just badly coached?

Purdue has had a lot of 4 star players who were total flops. I wonder. Were they just over rated? Or did Purdue’s development and coaching staff ruin them?

Jenkins
Hartwig

Mbow
Mockobee

Klare
Omonode

Wanna look at the 03 team? Again, if a much better coach comes here next year, that 2021 and 2022 class is still going to be a problem.
Too much emphasis and assumption that the average tenure of a player at a program is 4-5 years. I’d imagine it’s 2.5 post transfer portal and is getting shorter by the day with NIL.

I don’t have the #s. I don’t necessarily care. I know that Purdue isn’t the only team NOT retaining talent. You’re stuck in the past here. Using a pre transfer portal indicator for retention in a transfer portal world.

You say you don’t care if Walters goes but you’re the #1 person beating the drum that the teams not talented. Pretty much everybody who was on that train is off of it after seeing the past 6 games of the season. I think you’re maybe the only person
Left ignoring what they see and over analyzing a situation that this coach has almost wholly created for himself.

Too much emphasis and assumption that the average tenure of a player at a program is 4-5 years. I’d imagine it’s 2.5 post transfer portal and is getting shorter by the day with NIL.

I don’t have the #s. I don’t necessarily care. I know that Purdue isn’t the only team NOT retaining talent. You’re stuck in the past here. Using a pre transfer portal indicator for retention in a transfer portal world.

You say you don’t care if Walters goes but you’re the #1 person beating the drum that the teams not talented. Pretty much everybody who was on that train is off of it after seeing the past 6 games of the season. I think you’re maybe the only person
Left ignoring what they see and over analyzing a situation that this coach has almost wholly created for himself.
Who left that was worth a shit besides Scourton and Burks?

Who left that was worth a shit besides Scourton and Burks?
Scourton is a potential top ten pick in the NFL draft per some reports. Definitely a first rounder.

Burks would have been our top receiver and a potential game changer on offense. Those are big losses.

Jenkins
Hartwig

Mbow
Mockobee

Klare
Omonode

Kane was 2020 and graduated. I’d add Moussa to 2021. Many in 2022 are redshirt sophomores, a bit too early for jury there. Strickland and some of the OL may develop still.

r was awesome before he came to Purdue. As were many other 4/5 star QBs who came to Purdue. Were they overhyped? Or just badly coached?
I've always wondered what happened to those QBs with good ratings that came to Purdue and then were never heard from again. Same for some promising running backs. Excellent high school statistics and then never seen again. You'd think that more of them would be coached up and then be seen on the field. Maybe they would have been better to have gone to such a football powerhouse as Milton College (I believe it's now closed) in Wisconsin in Wolegib's former backyard and then have become a QB starter in the NFL.

Scourton is a potential top ten pick in the NFL draft per some reports. Definitely a first rounder.

Burks would have been our top receiver and a potential game changer on offense. Those are big losses.
Yes but pboilers whole thing is.. can’t talk home grown players cause players just leave now. Who is doing anything at the p5 level besides those two

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT