ADVERTISEMENT

Good game Boiler fans!

Jan 2, 2014
Actually I'll go one step further and say GREAT game Boiler fans. Obviously I wish the outcome would have been different but that double OT thriller was one of the most intense / entertaining Big Ten games I've seen in the past couple of years.

The crowd was rocking and loud af and you guys got the best of us on our court. Much respect to your team and Coach Painter.

Positives for Illinois is that Curbelo looks like he's good to go. I was so happy to see him on the floor today. Good player, even better person.

Congrats on the win Boiler fans. See ya guys at Mackey on (hopefully) 2/10

Setting aside Purdue’s shakiness down the stretch to put the game away in regulation, I am thrilled with this victory. Purdue needed this W to validate our status as an elite team…

Curbelo adds a dimension that makes Illinois a nightmare to defend, and I think we’ll be locking horns repeatedly to settle the battle for the B1G championship.

Actually I'll go one step further and say GREAT game Boiler fans. Obviously I wish the outcome would have been different but that double OT thriller was one of the most intense / entertaining Big Ten games I've seen in the past couple of years.

The crowd was rocking and loud af and you guys got the best of us on our court. Much respect to your team and Coach Painter.

Positives for Illinois is that Curbelo looks like he's good to go. I was so happy to see him on the floor today. Good player, even better person.

Thanks for the post.On 2/10 it should be a heckuva rematch.While we have you here on our website,how do you think your football team will shape up for next fall?Bert had those guys playing better last season than any one thought they would.I am already thinking thats one game Purdue better not overlook.

Reactions: Illinisully

Game was tough with everyone playing hard. Two really good teams battling that a couple of things different and the outcome might have been different.

Curbelo was in good form, but HOLY COW.... Plummer. Every time he launched one I just cringed. 6/12 from 3.

I was a little disappointed in the atmosphere. Seemed kind of quiet. But was glad we overcame below-average games from a number of players to win. A loss there would not have looked good on our NCAA tournament resume.

A loss there would not have looked good on our NCAA tournament resume.
A loss to a top 20 team wouldn't have hurt the resume. That's a quad 1A loss and wouldn't really be held against us, especially because it was an away game.

Thanks for the post.On 2/10 it should be a heckuva rematch.While we have you here on our website,how do you think your football team will shape up for next fall?Bert had those guys playing better last season than any one thought they would.I am already thinking thats one game Purdue better not overlook.
I haven't been following our football program as closely as our bball program but Bielema is a breath of fresh air compared to Lovie Its like night and day and I'm not used to Illinois taking their football program seriously haha. Bielema fired our inept OC after just one season and hired his OC from Arkansas (who was the current OC for San Antonio who beat us at our place. )
Bielema was way in over his head in the SEC but I think he'll make Illinois competitive in the Big Ten at least (he proved that when he was Wisc's head coach by winning 3 Big Ten titles)
Hopefully our new QB (transfer from Rutgers) will be better than Brandon Peters who was a disaster to say the least. I couldn't imagine he'd be any worse lol.

Curbelo looked like friggin’ Steve Nash out there. So crafty.

I was a little disappointed in the atmosphere. Seemed kind of quiet. But was glad we overcame below-average games from a number of players to win. A loss there would not have looked good on our NCAA tournament resume.
wrt to the atmosphere, were we watching the same game?

I remember watching Curbelo at IU last year and he pretty much won the game for Illinois. I was shocked to see him when they were doing lineups. Had an “of crap” moment.

Reactions: TX4GB
I decided to buy tickets to a home game this year. Was debating between the Michigan or Illinois game. Prices for Michigan were so expensive because everyone expected a Top 25 or 10 game.

Wonder if I can make money off my tickets now.....

wrt to the atmosphere, were we watching the same game?

Heard from some UI fans it was great but there was a stretch during our big run (understandably) that they were a little checked out.

Also some venues can tune out the crowd noise better than others, not sure if it's mic placement or what.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT