ADVERTISEMENT

Gonna be emotional game tonight for Illinois

Wonder how our guys heads will be , gonna have to be totally focused dialed in to deal with the heat of this one..
glad we finish at Mackey though.
could see over aggression from Illinois out of the gate and possibly too keyed up as well. you never know how a team will respond

Reactions: RossMackey
I see this as a game we probably lose but wouldn't be surprised to see us win it in OT. Foul shooting will play a big part
if fouls are called... Would love to see Purdue in bonus with 15 to go in each half and Zach playing and hitting FTs. When games are this tight there are a LOT of things that can make a difference

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
if fouls are called... Would love to see Purdue in bonus with 15 to go in each half and Zach playing and hitting FTs. When games are this tight there are a LOT of things that can make a difference
that's alot to hope for esp for an away game

Might be a hard game to watch, Purdue is riding high from last game, IL is out for revenge. I say rest the starters lol
think it will be a good game to watch, we just got done playing in an unwatchable ( at least the 2nd half) game

think it will be a good game to watch, we just got done playing in an unwatchable ( at least the 2nd half) game
Every game Purdue plays is a good game to watch "for me". Some of the most exciting games in high school I saw were 28 to 27 because every single movement...every single second could be a play that resulted in a win. There are enough exciting areas outside of a basket for me if interested in the team. I know I'm the oddball here as the rules have shifted to more scoring since that is what fans like. I just hope the Purdue team is elated after the game

My anticipation is a strong start for Illinois. I wouldn't be surprised if we are down 10-15 at some point in the first half.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Edey get two very quick fouls, like first ten minutes.

But I equally wouldn't be surprised to see a strong start to the second half for Purdue and a tight game down the stretch.

Your shooting % does not go up just because your emotion is high, actually it may even go down. Stay focus, calm, and smart, Purdue! Shoot deadly

I do agree that the opening of the game will be very important. Illinois will have bundles of energy, especially the 🤡 . Maybe he will get too distracted giving out balloon animals to the kids in the crowd.

Your shooting % does not go up just because your emotion is high, actually it may even go down. Stay focus, calm, and smart, Purdue! Shoot deadly
You hope they are jacked and that long ball bounces long off the rim and Lance or Braden scores at the other end...

Reactions: icewind7
My anticipation is a strong start for Illinois. I wouldn't be surprised if we are down 10-15 at some point in the first half.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Edey get two very quick fouls, like first ten minutes.

But I equally wouldn't be surprised to see a strong start to the second half for Purdue and a tight game down the stretch.
This.

Manage the crowd frenzy/ Featherhead desperation of the first 7-8 minutes, be poised, then run your sets with precision and confidence.

Reactions: rgarlitz
I’m predicting that Gillis draws a charge from Shannon was just drives to the hoop like a running back - he’s the only one who will likely try it anyway

I don't have a great feeling about this game----but I've been wrong before.

Three keys for me:
1) Match Illinois's intensity--the entire game.
2) Take care of the ball. Minimize careless errors.
3) Get out of there injury-free.

I'm thinking they will forget to put Waddell's name in the scoring book, but after Purdue is assessed a technical, Waddell will rip off 5 three-pointers.

Reactions: TC4THREE
I don't have a great feeling about tonight, but who knows. I think our O has been reduced/limited in the second half of the season, probably a discussion for elsewhere. If ILL limits us to Edey forcing hooks over three people and Braden rolling around a screen to a jumper, I think we lose by 10.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT