ADVERTISEMENT

Going after Trump......again

Wonder why it took so long to bring the charges. DOJ could have done it much earlier without such an impact on the upcoming election.

It is almost as if they wanted to impact the election. Now why would they do that, Bob.

Not only that the Dems did exactly what they are accusing Trump of.... in 2016....
1. They all claimed the election was stolen & not valid. Clinton still denying the results.
2. They claimed election machines were hacked by Russians.
3. The Hollywood Dems had a continuing running commercial to try to manipulate & persuade change of the electoral college votes, with actors pleading with electors to "be a hero" & change their vote to elect someone "qualified." for America.

I laugh at these Dems.....thinking no one remembers what they did.

Last edited:
Reactions: Riveting-
He’s on Faux News. What else is he going say?
Obviously you didn't read it, or else didn't understand it, but he says this:

You have an indictment in Florida, which I said was a strong one. That's a solid case. Trump could still beat it, but it's a legitimate case based on established evidence and established law. This is neither.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Not only that the Dems did exactly what they are accusing Trump of in 2016....
1. They all claimed the election was stolen & not valid. Clinton still denying the results.
3. The Hollywood Dems had a continuing running commercial to try to manipulate & persuade change of the electoral college votes, with actors pleading with electors to "be a hero" & change their vote to elect someone "qualified." for America.

I had forgotten 3, but you are right so thanks for the reminder:

Wonder why it took so long to bring the charges. DOJ could have done it much earlier without such an impact on the upcoming election.

It is almost as if they wanted to impact the election. Now why would they do that, Bob.
Of course. Garland and Smith and Wray……..and all their managers and staff……..are all in on a vast conspiracy to get trump. They all agreed to wait until now to file the charges. Yet there’s been no leaks, no information of any kind to suggest another one of your conspiracies.

Once again, you clearly haven’t thought through your argument.

If Garland had filed the charges a year ago, we would be in the middle of trial or it would be over. If trump was found guilty, that would have more effect on the upcoming election, don’t you agree? If there was a trial going on during the campaign, that might be a negative.

As it is, this won’t even go to trial before the election. And everyone agrees that, so far, indictments against trump have resulted in higher poll numbers for him, at least among republicans. Just ask him.

The facts are much different.

A Washington Post investigation found that more than a year would pass before prosecutors and FBI agents jointly embarked on a formal probe of actions directed from the White House to try to steal the election. Even then, the FBI stopped short of identifying the former president as a focus of that investigation.

A wariness about appearing partisan, institutional caution, and clashes over how much evidence was sufficient to investigate the actions of Trump and those around him all contributed to the slow pace. Garland and the deputy attorney general, Lisa Monaco, charted a cautious course aimed at restoring public trust in the department while some prosecutors below them chafed, feeling top officials were shying away from looking at evidence of potential crimes by Trump and those close to him.

Whether a decision about Trump’s culpability for Jan. 6 could have come any earlier is unclear. The delays in examining that question began before Garland was even confirmed. Sherwin, senior Justice Department officials and Paul Abbate, the top deputy to FBI Director Christopher A. Wray, quashed a plan by prosecutors in the U.S. attorney’s office to directly investigate Trump associates for any links to the riot, deeming it premature, according to five individuals familiar with the decision. Instead, they insisted on a methodical approach — focusing first on rioters and going up the ladder.

The strategy was embraced by Garland, Monaco and Wray. They remained committed to it even as evidence emerged of an organized, weeks-long effort by Trump and his advisers before Jan. 6 to pressure state leaders, Justice officials and Vice President Mike Pence to block the certification of Biden’s victory.

The reality is that the DOJ leadership showed little interest in pursuing charges against trump for his actions after the election. The 1/6 committee findings helped push them into action.

If you can’t access the Post article here’s one that summarizes it.

• Haha
Reactions: Boilermaker03
Not only that the Dems did exactly what they are accusing Trump of.... in 2016....

Oh FFS. There was no coordinated and sustained effort to challenge the results. How many court cases? Were members of Congress still claiming the election was stolen years later? Going on TV every week repeating the claims? Was HC? When did she concede the election ? FOUR days after the election, which effectively shut down any objection. Dems complaining about it later doesn’t hold a freaking candle to what the republicans ARE STILL SAYING two and a half years later. When did trump concede?

Yet another of your BS attempts at projection.

Yep tried to manipulate electors of the electoral college......but it's ok when Dems do it......
You mean they coordinated the submission of fake electors to congress? Publicly “urging” electors to vote differently is manipulation? More projection. Get out a dictionary. And spare us anymore posts where you claim you don’t want trump to be president again while you continually make posts defending him regarding his post election words and actions.

• Haha
Trump is a PoS. Always has been and always will be. Believing anything other is ignorant. Shame on the mouth breathing, extreme right sector to keep believing and funding his continuous corrupt actions, of which is only all for himself. Sure, he’s fighting for you……idiots.

Not that you are brave enough to stray outside dem groupthink and form your own views on anything, but just in case:

Read the indictment and judge for yourself. It's not about "free speech". It's about the actions he took as president to stop the transition of power.

Turley is basically saying sure Trump lied but how do we know he didn't believe it was true (which to me would disqualifying in and of itself). The indictment claims the pursuant acts were illegal, not the speech.

Turley isn't taken seriously by legal scholars anymore. I could share several articles but here's an example.

• Haha
Read the indictment and judge for yourself. It's not about "free speech". It's about the actions he took as president to stop the transition of power.

If you read my posts on here I am no Trump fan. Hope he is never President again....

But the Dems did exactly what they are accusing Trump of.... in 2016....

1. The Dems claimed election was stolen & not valid, the election was a fraud..... just like Trump was saying.

2. The Dems said election machines were hacked by Russians....thus couldn't trust the votes counted....just like Trump said.

3. The Hollywood Dems had a continuing running commercial to try to manipulate & persuade change of the electoral college votes, with actors pleading with electors to "be a hero" & change their vote to elect someone "qualified." for America......they were trying to get enough votes changed to send it to the House....ie Hillary....to subvert the will of the voters, like Trump wanted to.

So how is this different? Just a new version of the same stuff done before...

Last edited:

Turley is basically saying sure Trump lied but how do we know he didn't believe it was true (which to me would disqualifying in and of itself). The indictment claims the pursuant acts were illegal, not the speech.

Turley isn't taken seriously by legal scholars anymore. I could share several articles but here's an example.

I am not surprised Turley is not a favorite of group-thinking liberal law school professors and the like. I could just as easily have said Jack Smith is lowly regarded for his poor record as a prosecutor, including having a conviction of former VA governor Bob McDonald overturned by a unanimous 8-0 Supreme Court ruling in which the SC reportedly rebuked him by saying “the uncontrolled power of criminal prosecutors is a threat to our separation of powers.” However, like Michelle Obama, I am taking the high road when you went low, so I won't say that about Smith.

Even as bad a prosecutor as some believe Smith is, I wouldn't have expected him to say the case is about free speech because that is a sure way to lose. But just because he didn't say something that stupid doesn't mean this case is not really about free speech.

Here is a snip from the indictment from a NYT article on Aug 3:

"Mr. Trump’s constant claims of widespread election fraud “were false, and the defendant knew they were false,” the indictment said, adding that he was told repeatedly that his assertions were untrue."

Now how will Smith be able to prove Trump "knew those claims were false"?

My understanding is that Trump had attorneys telling him that the 'actions' he was taking to try to challenge the electors were not illegal. Should he have not listened to that counsel, perhaps because those attorneys are not favored by elite liberal law school professors?

Of course. Garland and Smith and Wray……..and all their managers and staff……..are all in on a vast conspiracy to get trump. They all agreed to wait until now to file the charges. Yet there’s been no leaks, no information of any kind to suggest another one of your conspiracies.
Garland reports to Joe, Smith and Wray report to Garland. It is not that hard to figure out.

No information? See the comments by Bernie, Dean and the others. Surely you can see what is going on here:

Once again, you clearly haven’t thought through your argument.
Just like the time I immediately said closing Bagram air base before getting our people out was the stupidest thing Joe could possibly have done in Afg. In retrospect, I should have thought that one through and waited for your views, right?

If Garland had filed the charges a year ago, we would be in the middle of trial or it would be over. If trump was found guilty, that would have more effect on the upcoming election, don’t you agree? If there was a trial going on during the campaign, that might be a negative.
See the link above. The plan obviously is to help Trump get the nomination through his persecution claims, which is working perfectly for the dems, and then beat him in the election since dems know Trump is the only repub the corrupt and senile Biden could possibly beat.

As it is, this won’t even go to trial before the election. And everyone agrees that, so far, indictments against trump have resulted in higher poll numbers for him, at least among republicans. Just ask him.
Of course! That is the plan. Don't they tell you this on MSNBC?

The facts are much different.

A Washington Post investigation found that more than a year would pass before prosecutors and FBI agents jointly embarked on a formal probe of actions directed from the White House to try to steal the election. Even then, the FBI stopped short of identifying the former president as a focus of that investigation.
The FBI continues to stop short of saying how many people on Jan 6 they were paying directly or indirectly to be there and what they were doing. Even worse, they refused to comment when a congressman asked an exec if the FBI engaged in any illegal activities on Jan 6. The answer should have been "No, the FBI does not engage in illegal activities" - but like always they hide behind the secrecy that naive people like you accept despite their record of corruption.

A wariness about appearing partisan, institutional caution, and clashes over how much evidence was sufficient to investigate the actions of Trump and those around him all contributed to the slow pace. Garland and the deputy attorney general, Lisa Monaco, charted a cautious course aimed at restoring public trust in the department while some prosecutors below them chafed, feeling top officials were shying away from looking at evidence of potential crimes by Trump and those close to him.
More naivety on your part. Do tell us what you read because you seem completely blind to the most obvious government schemes, corruption and incompetence.
Whether a decision about Trump’s culpability for Jan. 6 could have come any earlier is unclear. The delays in examining that question began before Garland was even confirmed. Sherwin, senior Justice Department officials and Paul Abbate, the top deputy to FBI Director Christopher A. Wray, quashed a plan by prosecutors in the U.S. attorney’s office to directly investigate Trump associates for any links to the riot, deeming it premature, according to five individuals familiar with the decision. Instead, they insisted on a methodical approach — focusing first on rioters and going up the ladder.

The strategy was embraced by Garland, Monaco and Wray. They remained committed to it even as evidence emerged of an organized, weeks-long effort by Trump and his advisers before Jan. 6 to pressure state leaders, Justice officials and Vice President Mike Pence to block the certification of Biden’s victory.

The reality is that the DOJ leadership showed little interest in pursuing charges against trump for his actions after the election. The 1/6 committee findings helped push them into action.

If you can’t access the Post article here’s one that summarizes it.
Isn't that the paper that received a Pulitzer Prize for its coverage of the Russian Collusion 'Scandal." Did they give that prize back? Is wapo where you get your regime-approved information?

Trump is a PoS. Always has been and always will be. Believing anything other is ignorant. Shame on the mouth breathing, extreme right sector to keep believing and funding his continuous corrupt actions, of which is only all for himself. Sure, he’s fighting for you……idiots.
This is just the type of thoughtful, well-reasoned comment that @BNIBoiler can understand and appreciate.

Well done, dress.

That’s not really how it works.
And the Dems know that and want to drag this out until a SC ruling won't matter.
Why can't the SC look at the constitutional merits of the cases brought before a former POTUS and current leading candidate.
IMO the SC needs to step in depoliticize the DOJ and restore the confidence of the people in the system.
I will personally accept the SC decision if the rule the cases before Trump have merit.
The cases can than move forward through the process.
I understand there is a process for evidence disclosure etc. but the SC doesn't need evidence if the charges have no contitutional merit to begin with.

And the Dems know that and want to drag this out until a SC ruling won't matter.
Why can't the SC look at the constitutional merits of the cases brought before a former POTUS and current leading candidate.
IMO the SC needs to step in depoliticize the DOJ and restore the confidence of the people in the system.
I will personally accept the SC decision if the rule the cases before Trump have merit.
I understand there is a process for evidence disclosure etc. but the SC doesn't need evidence if the charges have no contitutional merit to begin with.
The SC needs to depoliticize themslves first.

• Haha
You don’t understand.

The Supreme Court very rarely is the first court to hear a case.

There is no way in hell they are going to insert themselves in these serious and historic cases against a former president. They could only get involved on appeal.

Your civics knowledge sucks.

Reactions: BNIBoiler
You don’t understand.

There is no way in hell they are going to insert themselves in these serious and historic cases against a former president. They could only get involved on appeal.

These right wingers slept through both civics and history classes.

• Haha
You don’t understand.

We have been through this, I guess you don't understand what I'm suggesting.
I know how the SC normally works-there isn't enough time for that process.
Trump attorneys should absolutely ask for a change of venue 1st. This takes time.
A speedy trial in DC would almost certainly result in a politically biased conviction.
The appeal process takes time.
The SC doesn't give flying FK if someone was convicted they want to make sure the defendant's constitutional rights were upheld and the charges had merit.
What I'm saying is the SC SHOULD if possible, step in and review the constitutionality of these allegations.
The prosecuting attorney on the Trump cases, Jack Smith, has a history of cases being overturned by the SC for reasons I stated. The SC should be able to determine, especially because of the importance of the allegations, whether the allegations meet the minimum requirements necessary for prosecution.
I contend that Smith is charging Trump with anything possible, stretching the interpretation of the law, which he is known to do, to keep doubt in the publics mind that Trump did something illegal.
Did Trump do something illegal? Let the SC decide if the charges have merit before Smith wastes anymore time and money and continues to possibly negatively influence the upcoming POTUS election.

Last edited:
Trump attorneys should absolutely ask for a change of venue 1st. This takes time.
A speedy trial in DC would almost certainly result in a politically biased conviction.
The SC doesn't give flying FK if someone was convicted they want to make sure the defendant's constitutional rights were upheld and the charges had merit.
What I'm saying is the SC SHOULD if possible, step in and review the constitutionality of these allegations.
The prosecuting attorney on the Trump cases, Jack Smith, has a history of cases being overturned by the SC for reasons I stated. The SC should be able to determine, especially because of the importance of the allegations, whether the allegations meet the minimum requirements necessary for prosecution.
I contend that Smith is charging Trump with anything possible, stretching the interpretation of the law, which he is known to do, to keep doubt in the publics mind that Trump did something illegal.
Did Trump do something illegal? Let the SC decide if the charges have merit before Smith wastes anymore time and money and continues to possibly negatively influence the upcoming POTUS election.
Please, please let the process go through. Cut your losses and find another republican that you can support for 2024. There are plenty to choose from. Get out of the cult before you end up selling your crib, and move to a South American jungle.

Last edited:
  • Haha
You don’t understand.

The Supreme Court us the pinnacle of our legal system. That legal system is designed to keep lawyers paid, hence the SC won't hear a case that might cut the fee train short.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
The Supreme Court us the pinnacle of our legal system. That legal system is designed to keep lawyers paid, hence the SC won't hear a case that might cut the fee train short.
Why do you right wingers subscribe to all these conspiracy theories? Good gracious.

The grand jury decides if the charges have merit. That’s the system. Been working a long time.

What is unconstitutional about the charges? This should be good.

Arrest
Grand jury
Charges
Trial
Verdict
Appeal (s)
Then it can go to the SC.

There isn’t enough time for the normal process? Why? You have some sort of deadline?

I believe Smith has one case overturned by the SC. So do many other good lawyers.

It’s like you want a reverse due process violation. You want to dent the government the right to make its case.

To be clear, you want to skip the trial by jury of his peers nonsense, completely dismiss all but the top level of the judicial branch, and let a Republican supreme court decide the fate of trump. And you see NOTHING wrong with that. Another civics genius. Not a cult at all.

Why do you right wingers subscribe to all these conspiracy theories? Good gracious.
Like the Russian collusion scandal? Hunter's laptop was a Russian plant? The covid vaccine was better than natural immunity? Covid started in pangolins.

Any other major conspiracies come to mind that msnbc, abc, cnn, nyt, and the rest of the regime media convinced naive people like you were true?

In fact, the regime media lied repeatedly about those conspiracies to convince naive people like you, and you ate it up. Right fauxgrad?

Like the Russian collusion scandal? Hunter's laptop was a Russian plant? The covid vaccine was better than natural immunity? Covid started in pangolins.

Any other major conspiracies come to mind that msnbc, abc, cnn, nyt, and the rest of the regime media convinced naive people like you were true?

In fact, the regime media lied repeatedly about those conspiracies to convince naive people like you, and you ate it up. Right fauxgrad?
conspiracy now implies a history buff...

• Haha
Reactions: SKYDOG
Please, please let the process go through. Cut your losses and find another republican that you can support for 2024. There are plenty to choose from. Get out of the cult before you end up selling your crib, not racist, and move to a South American jungle.
I won't disagree with that statement.
I've always said Trump has an ego the size of Alaska.
I do think he is getting a raw deal, again.

The grand jury decides if the charges have merit. That’s the system. Been working a long time.

What is unconstitutional about the charges? This should be good.

Arrest
Grand jury
Charges
Trial
Verdict
Appeal (s)
Then it can go to the SC.

There isn’t enough time for the normal process? Why? You have some sort of deadline?

I believe Smith has one case overturned by the SC. So do many other good lawyers.

It’s like you want a reverse due process violation. You want to dent the government the right to make its case.

To be clear, you want to skip the trial by jury of his peers nonsense, completely dismiss all but the top level of the judicial branch, and let a Republican supreme court decide the fate of trump. And you see NOTHING wrong with that. Another civics genius. Not a cult at all.
Bob do you really think the Politically selected DC Grand Jury was impartial and fair to Trump.
This WILL end up at the Supreme Court. Why not sooner than later.

Bob do you really think the Politically selected DC Grand Jury was impartial and fair to Trump.
This WILL end up at the Supreme Court. Why not sooner than later.
Because THE RULES apply to trump. And it is far from a given it ends up in the SC. They wanted nothing to do with the election cases, for good reason and much to trump’s chagrin. His appointments owed him something as far as he was concerned.

You’re an freakin idiot. Why have trials for anyone? You want to have a public vote to convict criminals? Which cases go directly to the SC?

Thankfully, indictments don’t result from what you or I think. There’s a process, as imperfect as it may be. It’s just one of the reasons why people want to come here. Why don’t you move to Russia if you want a system that is corrupt.

What will help working people, oinker, is a return to Trump's policies of fossil fuel development and independence, reducing illegal immigration with its flow of drugs and trafficked women and children, and keeping us out of stupid wars in Europe or anywhere else.
I am a single issue voter. I always vote against any politician that supports so-called "trickle down economics". It started under Reagan. Has never worked (where are all the jobs?) Trump campaigned on "people like me need to pay their fair share". I supported that, then he gets elected and signs another billionaire tax cut. Really pissed me off.

Because THE RULES apply to trump. And it is far from a given it ends up in the SC. They wanted nothing to do with the election cases, for good reason and much to trump’s chagrin. His appointments owed him something as far as he was concerned.

You’re an freakin idiot. Why have trials for anyone? You want to have a public vote to convict criminals? Which cases go directly to the SC?

Thankfully, indictments don’t result from what you or I think. There’s a process, as imperfect as it may be. It’s just one of the reasons why people want to come here. Why don’t you move to Russia if you want a system that is corrupt.
What rules you talking about WILLIS?
The same rules that apply to HRC, you know, destroying subpoena documents.
Delay after delay of Hunter's tax evasion fraud until the statute of limitations ran out.
Give old Joe a pass when he had classified documents in unsecure locations for years.
When it was illegal for him to have them.
Slick Willy leaving the White House with classified documents in a sock and getting away with it.
Maxine Watters encouraging Libs to get in the face of Conservatives wherever they appear in public.
And they did at restaurants and grocery stores, hell even at their places of worship.
Obama started this mess. He took the corrupt political model from Chicago and in eight years transformed the DOJ and IRS into Left Wing enforcers.
You are the freaking woke, corrupt Biden, convict Clinton, lying Schiff loving idiot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT