ADVERTISEMENT

Go Sparty…

Dang - North Carolina ends the half on a 23-3 run, erasing a 28-17 deficit......up nine now on Michigan State. This game flipped in a hurry.....Tarheels with several blocks at the rim and started hitting some shots on the perimeter.

Yeah, I don't understand the whole "cheering for B1G schools thing". I can't stand MSU all year, but I'm going to cheer for them now? Why? Do you think it will somehow make the conference better because they beat UNC?

Yeah, I don't understand the whole "cheering for B1G schools thing". I can't stand MSU all year, but I'm going to cheer for them now? Why? Do you think it will somehow make the conference better because they beat UNC?
I’m with you as I’ve never understood it. I root for Purdue against all these teams and now going to be pulling for them. Not!

I’m with you as I’ve never understood it. I root for Purdue against all these teams and now going to be pulling for them. Not!
I think some here think it will "boost" the B1G. The conference is what it is, it doesn't all of a sudden get better because a B1G team pulls an upset.

I think some here think it will "boost" the B1G. The conference is what it is, it doesn't all of a sudden get better because a B1G team pulls an upset.
I'll bite (at least a little). The BIG used to be THE basketball conference (mostly pre Big East). Being the best helped with recruiting. The best players wanted to play in the best conference. The theory is we can get back to those glory days by dominating the tournament. Unfortunately the conference is more like IU as the glory days are just old memories.

you hit the nail on the head, I used to root for all BIG10 teams but came to your conclusion. How a certain conference does in this tournament doesn't really change the perception of most hardcore fans who watch the whole season. Right now the PAC12 is 6 -2 and it doesn't change my opine of that conference. I believe Barkley even mentioned this concept the other day on TV

Reactions: PurdueDave
same, I used to root more for conference teams, but don't really care now.

especially with so many random schools that are/will be in conference.
and the whole SEC (football) chants and perception became a turnoff before.

I've been more vocal than most with my frustration with the B1G and how I just don't think it's a good conference any longer. But I do not think any individual game (good or bad) in the tournament changes that feeling.

I thought (and still think) that we have 2 very good teams and a bunch of mediocre ones currently. Nothing in this tournament so far has changed that.

I've been more vocal than most with my frustration with the B1G and how I just don't think it's a good conference any longer. But I do not think any individual game (good or bad) in the tournament changes that feeling.

I thought (and still think) that we have 2 very good teams and a bunch of mediocre ones currently. Nothing in this tournament so far has changed that.

I can understand this, especially with Nebraska just getting Rick rolled by Texas A & M and Wisconsin's poor showing. Northwestern is seriously out-manned against Connecticut - see if they can give them any competition this evening.

It's also how the seeding went for the most part - think Wisconsin got a bump from beating Purdue.

Purdue and Illinois still have work to do, however.

Reactions: Lionheart1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT