ADVERTISEMENT

Give Parker the job right now

BoiledSteel

Sophomore
Aug 5, 2016
There was more progress in the week Parker took over than in all of Darrell "daffy duck" Hazell's entire coaching tenure at Purdue.

There was real progress in one week under this guy, imagine what he could do with an entire offseason.

I do not understand the thinking, if there was any, for trying that fake punt on their own 35 yard line.

I think he definitely earned consideration today. Definitely don't want to jump the gun though and lay tracks for the future based off of one afternoon. I'll be pulling for him though after today's showing, there's certainly signs of promise in this guy. And the Dabo comparison didn't hurt either haha

I do not understand the thinking, if there was any, for trying that fake punt on their own 35 yard line.

Me either. Certainly wasn't going to catch anyone by surprise at that point. Nebraska had to have been playing it safe and looking for any possible deception at that point in the game.

Well, I'm not wrong.

Yea you are. We need a MAJOR UPGRADE.

Parker may be a good option as a head coach someday but amateur time has gone on far too long.

It is time to make a 1000% commitment to lifting Purdue football up to a winning program and sustaining it at a high level.

We need a complete makeover from coaching staff to facilities and culture.

The dumb with the OP.

Parker might not be an idiot, but a HC in P5 football he is not. Glad we didn't embarrass ourselves today but holy overreaction batman.

Reactions: TC4THREE
There was more progress in the week Parker took over than in all of Darrell "daffy duck" Hazell's entire coaching tenure at Purdue.

There was real progress in one week under this guy, imagine what he could do with an entire offseason.
This cannot be a serious post.

No, it was a response to the person that got on to everyone that wanted Hazell fired. If you're going to interject in to something not directed at you, please try and keep up.
Apparently we are all drinking tonight. Listen, it was a decent effort. If we win 7 games this year, I'll be the first to support signing him up. But before we get too giddy, remember Parker was our recruiting coordinator. The same recruits you badmouth are a result of his leadership. And the team that just beat us? Many if not most were recruited under the leadership of Els. The same Els we think sucks.

Let's just try and enjoy the rest of the season. I still think we may make a bowl. But we probably won't and then we can't get excited - or compain about - our next coach. Who should be here either way by December 1.

Reactions: pboiler18
Apparently we are all drinking tonight. Listen, it was a decent effort. If we win 7 games this year, I'll be the first to support signing him up. But before we get too giddy, remember Parker was our recruiting coordinator. The same recruits you badmouth are a result of his leadership. And the team that just beat us? Many if not most were recruited under the leadership of Els. The same Els we think sucks.

Let's just try and enjoy the rest of the season. I still think we may make a bowl. But we probably won't and then we can't get excited - or compain about - our next coach. Who should be here either way by December 1.
Fair enough. We haven't had much to get excited about this football season until now.

The ultimate say was up to Hazell. The man was a micro-manager. When shoop went to Central Catholic to take a peek at Coy Cronk, he called and asked to offer the kid on the spot...saying he would be a 3-4 year starter. Hazell turned him down.

The ultimate say was up to Hazell. The man was a micro-manager. When shoop went to Central Catholic to take a peek at Coy Cronk, he called and asked to offer the kid on the spot...saying he would be a 3-4 year starter. Hazell turned him down.
I know. Just trying to throw perspective on today. I'm not abdicating Hazell by any means.

I know. Just trying to throw perspective on today. I'm not abdicating Hazell by any means.
Of course and I don't think Parker did enough today to even warrant consideration to be retained in any manner by the next HC...let alone to be HC. Had the team come out and laid the wood on Nebraska without them coughing the ball up multiple times, I would say Parker may have something Purdue needs. But unless he can put a string of victories together and in impressive fashion, the entire staff needs to be let go.

My personal opinion: Parker would have to go 4-1 with impressive wins over each opponent to warrant even turning in a resume. If not, I think the next coach should seriously look at retaining him as possibly a WR and passing game coordinator to help transition the class from staff to staff. You can always let him go and find another WR coach in year 2.

Of course and I don't think Parker did enough today to even warrant consideration to be retained in any manner by the next HC...let alone to be HC. Had the team come out and laid the wood on Nebraska without them coughing the ball up multiple times, I would say Parker may have something Purdue needs. But unless he can put a string of victories together and in impressive fashion, the entire staff needs to be let go.

My personal opinion: Parker would have to go 4-1 with impressive wins over each opponent to warrant even turning in a resume. If not, I think the next coach should seriously look at retaining him as possibly a WR and passing game coordinator to help transition the class from staff to staff. You can always let him go and find another WR coach in year 2.
I was thinking the same thing. He'd be worth keeping around on the next staff.

Fair enough. We haven't had much to get excited about this football season until now.

Winning 3 games? Nothing to get excited about until tonight?

Get f'ing real.

We weren't good and we still aren't. Sorry. Trying to live in the real world here. If we can keep this level of effort consistently we could beat IU and NW, but even that's a stretch. And even then, you don't sign the recruiting coordinator to a P5 job just because he can beat a bad IU and a doen NW team.

If literally everybody turns us down...fine...hire Parker. Problem is, we will hire a real coach with a good resume and potential, when you want us to shut the process down 1 game in and 1 half of good football in. We didn't even win...

Reactions: TC4THREE
I love how our fans look at every candidate and rip them apart for whatever reason. "Akers sucked, why would x be better?" And then dismiss a guy who draws comparisons to Dabo Sweeney. Is Parker Dabo? Doubt it. Should he get the job tomorrow? Absolutely not. But if you expect other fans to be reasonable and not make an impulse hire, then maybe we shouldn't say he absolutely isn't the guy without giving him a chance.

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
The dumb with the OP.

Parker might not be an idiot, but a HC in P5 football he is not. Glad we didn't embarrass ourselves today but holy overreaction batman.

This shows how much Purple Cool-Aid was drunk during the DH2 period ... the thread shows how much damage DH2 did to the program. The new HC hire should have more at least 40 hours of research done before any decision is made. We don't need a repeat and FFS don't call JT for input.

Reactions: BBG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT