ADVERTISEMENT

Gasoline up 30%, natural gas up 150% in Biden's climate change fiasco

You and your fellow dolts keep bleating that Biden policies are directly responsible for the rise in gas prices. When asked for proof of this, none of you have it. When called out for it, all you can say is “well look at what it costs to fill your tank now”. You guys suck at this.

Sorry you lack the ability to see and understand the causation displayed in several posts in this thread. But thanks for indirectly admitting it.

So I made it simplistic for you, and now you complain about that. LOL.

That’s not what your post said. Just for your failing memory you posted; “we imported almost as much oil as we exported in 2020.“ Almost as much is less than what was imported in case your struggling with your grammar. That by addition and subtraction would make us energy independent per your question. Hope this helps you understand your post and question.
There's no rule that says you have to be an arrogant ass.

"Energy independence" is a term that has been thrown around and has the meaning has morphed thanks to politics. Being energy independent means you don't need to import anything, you can supply all your energy needs without outside help. It means that when OPEC changes their production quotas the price of gas still changes. It means when there is instability in the Middle East our gas prices change. It means you can supply ALL the various kinds of oil the country needs..........you do realize all oil is not the same right?

Just because we are a net exporter of energy doesn't mean we are energy independent.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
Sorry you lack the ability to see and understand the causation displayed in several posts in this thread. But thanks for indirectly admitting it.

So I made it simplistic for you, and now you complain about that. LOL.
You haven’t done anything. You are insistent that Biden policies are directly responsible for the rise in gas prices but you can’t back it up, so you keep moving the goalposts around. Lame.

You haven’t done anything. You are insistent that Biden policies are directly responsible for the rise in gas prices but you can’t back it up, so you keep moving the goalposts around. Lame.
How about you tell us all why energy prices have skyrocketed merely a month after Biden was elected.

Reactions: SKYDOG
How about you tell us all why energy prices have skyrocketed merely a month after Biden was elected.
He is concerned with semantics of whether one can find some minute specific thing Biden did vs the actual fact his lack of doing ANYTHING and his general policies that are to blame for this. PF1 is more concerned with winning a pissy argument on a message board than the actual facts

He is concerned with semantics of whether one can find some minute specific thing Biden did vs the actual fact his lack of doing ANYTHING and his general policies that are to blame for this. PF1 is more concerned with winning a pissy argument on a message board than the actual facts
Well that’s just it, cray. While you go around hurling third grade insults at people, I’m waiting for the facts. No one has provided any. Feel free to run out and get some. Certainly one of you dimwits is capable. Lol who am I kidding. No you’re not.

03, I’m not the one who stated that Biden is responsible for the increase in energy prices. That was one of your other ignorant buddies on here. Why don’t you ask one of them instead? Unless you know they can’t and you want to carry the goalposts for them instead.

03, I’m not the one who stated that Biden is responsible for the increase in energy prices. That was one of your other ignorant buddies on here. Why don’t you ask one of them instead? Unless you know they can’t and you want to carry the goalposts for them instead.
Everyone who believes Biden's policies are responsible for the rise in energy prices are just Racists.

And I'm still waiting to hear if Bob drives an electric car.

Everyone who believes Biden's policies are responsible for the rise in energy prices are just Racists.

The Venn diagram with your first statement would essentially be one circle, yes.

giphy.gif

I drive a truck. There aren't any electric trucks available. If there was, I still wouldn't. Now go into your same old worn out argument.......that doesn't even apply here.

• Haha
I drive a truck. There aren't any electric trucks available. If there was, I still wouldn't. Now go into your same old worn out argument.......that doesn't even apply here.
So, apparently climate change, carbon emissions, using fossil fuels, all that stuff isn't very important to you?

As I see it, you have not room to complain as you're part of the problem, not the solution.

Another example that if it weren't for double standards......

So, apparently climate change, carbon emissions, using fossil fuels, all that stuff isn't very important to you?

As I see it, you have not room to complain as you're part of the problem, not the solution.

Another example that if it weren't for double standards......
Did I say it was? Is that what I was talking about in the thread? You making up shit again so you can fulfill your need for a daily argument?

Since you have life by the balls and have so much free time to tell people how they should live their lives........and judge them based on yours........why don't you spend the afternoon searching my posts for my position on climate change and fossil fuels? You won't find one. I haven't talked about it before and I didn't talk about it in this thread. I said Biden didn't cut oil production.......while all his opponents here keep saying he did without posting anything relevant showing he did.

You just saw an opportunity for one of your gotcha posts.......which had no connection to what I was saying.

You seem to think that because someone takes a position or believes in a cause, they must do everything possible to adapt their life to supporting that position. You do so you can sit in judgement of them and start fights. It's ridiculous and most times impossible, but that doesn't matter to you.

I believe strongly that trophy hunting of large mammals needs to stop, especially poaching and pen hunting. I support several organizations financially and write letters to elected officials......but there are few if any actions I can take to change the situation. If I was financially able, I would travel to Africa and volunteer my time. But I can't. I have kids in college and a family to support. According to your line of thinking, I'm some kind of hypocrite because I believe in something but do little to change it.

When they make an electric truck.......and one that can tow a trailer and skid steer, let me know. Then you can tell me how I'm going to pay for it. Maybe with all your wealth you can contribute.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Sorry, that's not how this works. If you are going to vehemently deny that Biden and the Dems have ANYTHING to do with increased energy prices, then you need to have a counter argument of what caused the higher energy prices.

Or are you going to tell me that it's just pure coincidence that the highest energy prices ever occurred under Obama and now Biden.

Sorry, that's not how this works. If you are going to vehemently deny that Biden and the Dems have ANYTHING to do with increased energy prices, then you need to have a counter argument of what caused the higher energy prices.

Or are you going to tell me that it's just pure coincidence that the highest energy prices ever occurred under Obama and now Biden.
If you’re going to make the claim that Biden’s policies are directly responsible for an increase in gas prices, then the onus is on you to prove it. That’s how it works in reality where the majority of us reside.

• Haha
Did I say it was? Is that what I was talking about in the thread? You making up shit again so you can fulfill your need for a daily argument?

Since you have life by the balls and have so much free time to tell people how they should live their lives........and judge them based on yours........why don't you spend the afternoon searching my posts for my position on climate change and fossil fuels? You won't find one. I haven't talked about it before and I didn't talk about it in this thread. I said Biden didn't cut oil production.......while all his opponents here keep saying he did without posting anything relevant showing he did.

You just saw an opportunity for one of your gotcha posts.......which had no connection to what I was saying.

You seem to think that because someone takes a position or believes in a cause, they must do everything possible to adapt their life to supporting that position. You do so you can sit in judgement of them and start fights. It's ridiculous and most times impossible, but that doesn't matter to you.

I believe strongly that trophy hunting of large mammals needs to stop, especially poaching and pen hunting. I support several organizations financially and write letters to elected officials......but there are few if any actions I can take to change the situation. If I was financially able, I would travel to Africa and volunteer my time. But I can't. I have kids in college and a family to support. According to your line of thinking, I'm some kind of hypocrite because I believe in something but do little to change it.

When they make an electric truck.......and one that can tow a trailer and skid steer, let me know. Then you can tell me how I'm going to pay for it. Maybe with all your wealth you can contribute.

Your analogy on big game hunting is a poor one.
A better example would be, if you were against big game hunting but still went and stayed at the lodges that hosted big game hunts because you liked the location, service, amenities, etc, but you yourself didn't hunt.

I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers, but I do enjoy pointing out the vibrant hypocrisy and double standards of lefty, lib Dems.

If you’re going to make the claim that Biden’s policies are directly responsible for an increase in gas prices, then the onus is on you to prove it. That’s how it works in reality where the majority of us reside.
That's fine, but if you're going to enter this conversation, then you'd better have a backup argument because there is nothing else that I have seen that logically explains the increase in costs.

Not only does Biden screw stuff up, he does the exact opposite of what should be done. These aren't minor mistakes, or issues beyond his control.
If you assume your interest for a better America has the same metrics as ole Joe's puppet masters, then it makes no sense. However, if you assume the puppet masters don't share your view of a better America, then destroying the fabric of what you want, makes sense.

Ignorant and dumb aren't necessarily the same thing!
oh I agree. The inability to understand cause and effect may have nothing to do with ignorance. If you have some logic and start with a different understanding, then your ignorance parlays into your stupidity. What Reagan was saying is that many liberals can quote this and that like a parrot, and regurgitate what they were fed and mis-conclude an event.

Once you start with a fallacy, it is likely your ending is inaccurate since there is an infinity of the wrong choices related to the fallacy. As an example, I have no problem discussing basketball with anyone. However, even though I played football I am very limited in what I can contribute accurately to what I believe is due to my general ignorance of football specifics. Some unfortunately don't understand the limitations.

Progressives generally believe that a failure of a person in a given position has much to do with being the wrong person, rather than the wrong ideas. You can see some of that last night in comparing Terry to those before him. and discussing underperforming. Progressives many times consider someone who might have expertise in a small area to actually have expertise in a larger domain. Consider those that listen to those in movies or sports for understanding culture, politics and such. The mere fact that people consider those with some expertise in one area (Fauci) to have the same expertise in another (economics, other complications not listed) and consider their views in areas they really don't know very well at all, can many times be found in progressive circles. I'll add that in "science" both progressives and conservatives are more open to a particular person's perspective than many times in other areas of life. Conservatives in general do not believe one person with expertise has the answers and generally prefer the evolutionary road to understandings where successes and failures historically breed a better tomorrow.

You can't be smart in a given area having ignorance in that area, but that doesn't mean you are smart if not ignorant in a particular area. Interestingly, in education there is an understanding of "constructivism". It is about "constructing" new understandings from previous learning. Some progressives appear to believe that a person can "construct" and reach the sought after goal of higher-level learning without the requisite knowledge in an appropriate domain to offer such. Anyway, yes ignorance and intelligence can be two different things...
I've listed this book before, but think you will find it quite interesting in letting you understand a bit better (not to suggest agreement ) how the other side may think to bring some sanity of thought when sides start from different beliefs

Amazon product ASIN 0465002056

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT