ADVERTISEMENT

Gasoline up 30%, natural gas up 150% in Biden's climate change fiasco

YouSayPotato

True Freshman
Jun 4, 2021
Copied from the rabid liberal NY Times Oct 4th:

HOUSTON — Americans are spending a dollar more for a gallon of gasoline than they were a year ago. Natural gas prices have shot up more than 150 percent over the same time, threatening to raise prices of food, chemicals, plastic goods and heat this winter.

The energy system is suddenly in crisis around the world as the cost of oil, natural gas and coal has climbed rapidly in recent months. In China, Britain and elsewhere, fuel shortages and panic buying have led to blackouts and long lines at filling stations.

The situation in the United States is not quite as dire, but oil and gasoline prices are high enough that President Biden has been calling on foreign producers to crank up supply. He is doing so as he simultaneously pushes Congress to address climate change by moving the country away from fossil fuels toward renewable energy and electric cars.

U.S. energy executives and the Wall Street bankers and investors who finance them are not doing anything to bolster production to levels that could bring down prices. The main U.S. oil price jumped nearly 3 percent on Monday, to about $78 a barrel, a seven-year high, after OPEC and its allies on Monday declined to significantly increase supply.

Not only does Biden screw stuff up, he does the exact opposite of what should be done. These aren't minor mistakes, or issues beyond his control.
Exactly. To reduce greenhouse gas emissions, we need to switch from coal and gas to nuclear power. Windmills and solar panels are not the solution. Consider Biden's panel of scientists leading the nation in energy and climate:

Climate Czar John Kerry majored in political science in college, then went to law school.
Sec of Transportation Pete Buttigieg majored in history and literature.
Sec of Energy Jennifer Granholm majored in political science and French.

Last edited:
Exactly. To reduce greenhouse gas emissions, we need to switch from coal and gas to nuclear power. Windmills and solar panels are not the solution. Consider Biden's panel of scientists leading the nation in energy and climate:

Climatge Czar John Kerry majored in political science in college, then went to law school.
Sec of Transportation Pete Buttigieg majored in history and literature.
Sec of Energy Jennifer Granholm majored in political science and French.
And your environmental degree is from where?

I also know you potatoheads understand that it’s basic economics and supply and demand and that you’re catering to the even dumber potatoheads on here to rile them up (congrats, Mr Potatohead, you reeled BF right in) and that no economic policies have been passed and that you like to bitch about things the president really has no control over, but it wouldn’t fit the victim hood narrative you so desperately need to portray.

Start riding a bike; I’m guessing you could use the exercise anyway.

Great, so people are soon going to have to decide between freezing to death in their house or freezing to death from being evicted because they were trying to heat their homes.

• Sad
Reactions: SKYDOG

I also know you potatoheads understand that it’s basic economics and supply and demand and that you’re catering to the even dumber potatoheads on here to rile them up (congrats, Mr Potatohead, you reeled BF right in) and that no economic policies have been passed and that you like to bitch about things the president really has no control over, but it wouldn’t fit the victim hood narrative you so desperately need to portray.

Supply and demand?
Look at the above information and usage for May 2019 vs May 2021.
And the price chat below.

There are obviously other things going on.
Da-Biden policy.

Supply and demand?
Look at the above information and usage for May 2019 vs May 2021.
And the price chat below.

There are obviously other things going on.
Da-Biden policy.

What policy has been put in place under the Biden administration that is impacting prices, JS? Go ahead, I’ll wait….

Reactions: indy35
Both of my science-based doctorates are from Purdue. While an undergraduate I logged 4 hrs inorganic chem, 4 hrs organic chem, 3 hrs physical chem (that was a bitch) and 4 hrs food chemistry. At the graduate level I completed 5 hrs of biochemistry and more microbiology, physiology and pathology than you can shake a stick at. I'm also board-certified in preventive medicine. You are invited to call the Purdue Registrar to confirm my degrees.

Colin Meyer, DVM ('72), PhD ('92), DACVPM ('85)

What policy has been put in place under the Biden administration that is impacting prices, JS? Go ahead, I’ll wait….

Did Biden know on day one that the demand for oil was going to go up in 2021?

Did Biden increase US oil production on day 1? Nope he did the opposite.

One can get into a debate on exactly when that has an impact on US gas prices. But over the long term it's simple supply/demand equation.

As you requested.

Most can see the incompetence on literally every issue.

Environmental degree???? haha it's called science and engineering!

Reactions: FreedomWins
Both of my science-based doctorates are from Purdue. While an undergraduate I logged 4 hrs inorganic chem, 4 hrs organic chem, 3 hrs physical chem (that was a bitch) and 4 hrs food chemistry. At the graduate level I completed 5 hrs of biochemistry and more microbiology, physiology and pathology than you can shake a stick at. I'm also board-certified in preventive medicine. You are invited to call the Purdue Registrar to confirm my degrees.

Colin Meyer, DVM ('72), PhD ('92), DACVPM ('85)
So nothing environmental? Thanks for confirming.

Did Biden know on day one that the demand for oil was going to go up in 2021?

Did Biden increase US oil production on day 1? Nope he did the opposite.

One can get into a debate on exactly when that has an impact on US gas prices. But over the long term it's simple supply/demand equation.
So no policies then? Because that was the question.

As you requested.

Neither of these articles references any impact on gas prices. Do you have anything relevant? You said he’s passed policies that have directly impacted gas prices. Surely this would be well documented.

So no policies then? Because that was the question.
Yes policies have been changed. Instead of increasing oil production in US, Biden decreased oil production.

As I said you can debate exact time that impacts oil prices. Decrease supply, and what happens over the long term if demand increases?

So what does Biden actually have control over? His bowels are another likely one he doesn't have control over. Apparently Trump had control over everything but Biden has none? GD people like you make me laugh!

Reactions: Boilermaker03
So what does Biden actually have control over? His bowels are another likely one he doesn't have control over. Apparently Trump had control over everything but Biden has none? GD people like you make me laugh!
I’ve said before on here that presidents don’t control gas prices. I know you’re slow and stupid but try and keep up. Maybe take a break from stalking Bob from time to time.

I’ve said before on here that presidents don’t control gas prices. I know you’re slow and stupid but try and keep up. Maybe take a break from stalking Bob from time to time.
Dude no one is dumber, slower or more stupid than you. When Bob actually posts something that isn't laughable BS Maybe I will. So tell us all just what do you think a President has to do with anything? You have to be the absolute dumbest poster on here and given Bob's posting that is saying something

You calling others slow and stupid is hilarious! It may be time for you to stop posting and go live your pathetic white liberal lonely life. Pray to Biden tonight while you’re at it. Light a candle for the Democrat party.

Most liberals can’t read or understand scientific information or facts.
So your response was expected.
Again, nothing that was posted discussed the impact on gas prices. If the best you have is some kind of moronic insult, then you have nothing. I’m all ears here to learn about how policies that haven’t been passed have impacted gas prices.

Reactions: DG Boiler
Again, nothing that was posted discussed the impact on gas prices. If the best you have is some kind of moronic insult, then you have nothing. I’m all ears here to learn about how policies that haven’t been passed have impacted gas prices.
First move Biden made was reducing US oil production. At that point in time Biden should have been increasing US oil production. He knew demand was going to increase

I can't tell you the exact point in time that impacts oil prices, but I can tell you over long term it there is less supply of something, and at the same time increasing demand.....prices go up.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
First move Biden made was reducing US oil production. At that point in time Biden should have been increasing US oil production. He knew demand was going to increase

I can't tell you the exact point in time that impacts oil prices, but I can tell you over long term it there is less supply of something, and at the same time increasing demand.....prices go up.
Nonono. You've been repeating these lies for months, been asked before to back them up, and NEVER do. Purduefan has asked over and over here for some proof.

The first thing Biden did was put a temporary halt on new oil and natural gas leases on public lands and waters.

But it turns out, drilling permits are up under Biden.

"White House is on pace to hand out more oil and gas drilling permits this year than any under President Trump and the most since George W. Bush left the Oval Office."

He did NOT cut production. COVID cut production. Oil production slowed all over the globe. That should be a clue to you that this wasn't a Biden move. What it is about basic economics you don't understand? Supply went down because of Covid. People were not driving to work. They weren't going on vacations. Global airline traffic fell off. There was too much oil. Storage capacity was maxed out.

Then you say Biden should have been increasing production........when the demand for oil had not yet returned? Did anybody know when it would return? Oil producing countries did start to increase production and then the Delta variant hit. Outlooks had to change again.

There's 4 links explaining what really happened.....as opposed to your disinformation and lies about Biden's policies. I know you've been schooled to believe that repeating the same lies makes your bullshit true. It doesn't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT