ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
StateStreet, I believe there is a player safety clause...I think the refs are supposed to stop the play if the defender who is offsides is moving unimpeded toward the QB. I still don't think that particular play should have been stopped since we still had a RB between the defender & Blough, but I do believe there is a mechanism to stop certain offsides plays.

heck, if refs are blowing whistle for player safety we may never get to run a play (sarcasm). understood and thx. i thought MSU end was backpedaling to get on his side when snap was made. bogus call

Reactions: Bully4OldPurdue
Every Saturday, I think to myself that Purdue has a chance to win. I look at match ups and find things that, if Purdue does well, they have a shot in the 4th quarter to win.

Today, I thought these things:
1. Don't turn the ball over and get a TO that translates to points
2. Establish a respectable run game that allows Purdue to play action pass over the top at key points.
3. Make a good special teams plays with a good return or pin MSU deep.
4. Defensive ends and linebackers play solid to keep MSU from running for more than 150 yards.

Had Purdue done those things, they had a chance to be there in the 4th quarter. Those are all things that are attainable by this football team...yet Purdue continues to struggle to find an identity on offense, struggles on special teams (outside of Schopper), and can't get off the field on defense.

Until Purdue has better coaching to maximize their skills and effort, this is what will become the norm at Purdue.

"Today, I thought these things:
2. Establish a respectable run game that allows Purdue to play action pass over the top at key points.
4. Defensive ends and linebackers play solid to keep MSUfrom running for more than 150 yards."

Seemed to do all of these except the one that counts most, #1

Like I said in a previous thread: P does all the things bad teams do. Turn overs, penalties, poor fundamentals and mental errors.

Hell, if Yancy catches that ball, the locker room would look very different, but as it is, the coaching staff is just trying to not lose by 50.

"Today, I thought these things:
4. Defensive ends and linebackers play solid to keep MSUfrom running for more than 150 yards."

Seemed to do all of these except the one that counts most, #1

MSU ran for 130 yards in the first half...that's not looking like Purdue will hold them under 200

punter is good.given time they'll screw him up too.
FIRE HAZZELL
Best alternates I've seen...by a large margin.

Hazell has also managed to destroy one of Purdue's few traditions with gold helmets with a block P.

Who the hell needs the number on one side of their helmet and a logo that looks like a blob unless you're looking at it still. Also, who puts gold as the outline color on a white helmet?

Good thing all of our uniforms have really improved our recruiting!

Make that int and Yancey catch and we have 14. Seriously, catch the damn ball.

Don't look now.....Boilers are in this game. Gotta give some props for doing this on the road when it could have gotten out of hand.

It's a shame all of the posters bagging on this team in the first half have seemingly disappeared.
Still here - credit for keeping it close but cmon MSU looks completely bored. And the stadium is half empty
47 yds total passing yardage. Out gained 400 yds to 200. MSU gotta be wondering how it's still a game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT