ADVERTISEMENT

FWIW 2025 Trent Sisley????

tjreese

All-American
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2008
Saturday I attended the Butler vs Seton Hall game and Holloway following Izzo's steps talked to the officials every timeout but one I recall. He is very antimated on the sideline, getting down in a stance and moving as though he was playing. ;)

After the game Kim and I went to eat with some older Butler alums(10 and 2 cheerleaders) at Binkleys (owners son best friend with sister son...a little high, but good). Talk started with them asking me about what I saw in Butler...then Greg Oden, Thad, Flory and some young recruits coming next year etc..

I said I had an early game tomorrow to go to and talk centered on Purdue with Flory etc. Then I started talking about some future recruits and such and people wondered how Matt would keep all these players happy and wondered if some would transfer out. Then a guy (one I hadn't seen before in the group) with a person between us said Matt already had 2025 Trent Sisley locked up. I said he hasn't verballed or anything and he nodded and clinched his lips as to say...it's done...just not out there. I have NO idea how credible this person is relative to Trent, but whatever makes him believe this...he believes. A tidbit of no interest to anyone but me was an attorney seeing the group came up knowing the members and asked the ordering of my sisters and I and then proceeded to tell me his father ran track against my father...which was interesting in that he would know that or that his father shared that with him. Anyway, take this for what it is worth...maybe legit...maybe not, but the guy that said it I didn't take to be a Purdue fan.

Saturday I attended the Butler vs Seton Hall game and Holloway following Izzo's steps talked to the officials every timeout but one I recall. He is very antimated on the sideline, getting down in a stance and moving as though he was playing. ;)

After the game Kim and I went to eat with some older Butler alums(10 and 2 cheerleaders) at Binkleys (owners son best friend with sister son...a little high, but good). Talk started with them asking me about what I saw in Butler...then Greg Oden, Thad, Flory and some young recruits coming next year etc..

I said I had an early game tomorrow to go to and talk centered on Purdue with Flory etc. Then I started talking about some future recruits and such and people wondered how Matt would keep all these players happy and wondered if some would transfer out. Then a guy (one I hadn't seen before in the group) with a person between us said Matt already had 2025 Trent Sisley locked up. I said he hasn't verballed or anything and he nodded and clinched his lips as to say...it's done...just not out there. I have NO idea how credible this person is relative to Trent, but whatever makes him believe this...he believes. A tidbit of no interest to anyone but me was an attorney seeing the group came up knowing the members and asked the ordering of my sisters and I and then proceeded to tell me his father ran track against my father...which was interesting in that he would know that or that his father shared that with him. Anyway, take this for what it is worth...maybe legit...maybe not, but the guy that said it I didn't take to be a Purdue fan.
I'm putting some dollars on futures based on this ... BUDDY!!!

I'm putting some dollars on futures based on this ... BUDDY!!!
The others I have met a few times. One...Ron Ebert (Pharmacist from Lebanon) used to bird hunt with Rick Mount before the 78 blizzard for quail. This guy I don't even know and actually only talked with him at dinner. We were delayed quite a bit getting out of the parking garage and then finding a place to park and so I quickly ordered and mostly talked to my brother-in-law and the guy that was beside me. I just know the body language was like it was a done deal and I never pressed him further. He was just talking about Matt may have some problems keeping everyone happy and figured some would transfer...and then he brought up Sisley.

It's such a small world. I had will call tickets and so I was away from the group and asked the guy beside me if that was Butler's dance team and he said yes and his daughter he pointed out. Found out he worked for Scott Campbell (Campbell seeds) for many years who was one year ahead of me in school and have known for some time. Then after the game as we are talking two guys walk up and are talking to brother-in-law when one mentions just how much he liked his brother and went on and on. I spoke up saying there is some guy on the Butler Forum that really liked my brother-in-law's brother (Mike) and such, but couldn't remember his name. I said he was on the Butler forum and went by the name insanedawg and he looked at me and said, "That is me...I joined that forum a couple of years ago." I said I thought you were from TExas and he was and just got back for a game. What were the odds that I who haven't been to Butler for a game in a long while would meet another that hasn't been to Hinkle even longer and his friend would know of my father's track exploits? ;)
Then Sunday before the game, I'm in Subway to get some cookies that were not good for me and Scheelhase taps me on the shoulder and said hello. I had some time to kill and so we talked for a bit telling him some Purdue fans had ran some numbers on Courtney Greene and hoped to not see him today. He said, he remembered a time a ref called a foul and sent him to the line for a bonus. He said it really wasn't a foul, but it was called and as the ref handed him the ball the ref said "Now make these." that he oftened wondered why a ref would care...

The others I have met a few times. One...Ron Ebert (Pharmacist from Lebanon) used to bird hunt with Rick Mount before the 78 blizzard for quail. This guy I don't even know and actually only talked with him at dinner. We were delayed quite a bit getting out of the parking garage and then finding a place to park and so I quickly ordered and mostly talked to my brother-in-law and the guy that was beside me. I just know the body language was like it was a done deal and I never pressed him further. He was just talking about Matt may have some problems keeping everyone happy and figured some would transfer...and then he brought up Sisley.

It's such a small world. I had will call tickets and so I was away from the group and asked the guy beside me if that was Butler's dance team and he said yes and his daughter he pointed out. Found out he worked for Scott Campbell (Campbell seeds) for many years who was one year ahead of me in school and have known for some time. Then after the game as we are talking two guys walk up and are talking to brother-in-law when one mentions just how much he liked his brother and went on and on. I spoke up saying there is some guy on the Butler Forum that really liked my brother-in-law's brother (Mike) and such, but couldn't remember his name. I said he was on the Butler forum and went by the name insanedawg and he looked at me and said, "That is me...I joined that forum a couple of years ago." I said I thought you were from TExas and he was and just got back for a game. What were the odds that I who haven't been to Butler for a game in a long while would meet another that hasn't been to Hinkle even longer and his friend would know of my father's track exploits? ;)
Then Sunday before the game, I'm in Subway to get some cookies that were not good for me and Scheelhase taps me on the shoulder and said hello. I had some time to kill and so we talked for a bit telling him some Purdue fans had ran some numbers on Courtney Greene and hoped to not see him today. He said, he remembered a time a ref called a foul and sent him to the line for a bonus. He said it really wasn't a foul, but it was called and as the ref handed him the ball the ref said "Now make these." that he oftened wondered why a ref would care...
My Dad and I hunted with Ebert and Mount. I was more of a bird dog LOL ... those guys were GOOD!

• Love
Reactions: tjreese
TJ, the older we get, the smaller the world becomes again. The infamous Blizzard of 78 finished the destruction of upland hunting that changing farming practices had started.
Yeah, I enjoyed my time hunting around Brook, Remington and Earl Park. Something about that bird scaring the hell out of you when it takes off! ;) It is true that after many years you have encountered many people under many different scenarios. I think it is also true that the memories of the past are often valued for one reason or another more than when they took place and sometimes in a whole different light.

After my freshman year at Purdue my father (who was diabetic, and nobody knew) had a stroke and was paralyzed on his right side and lost the ability to speak dying almost 11 years later(I was 30). As a youngster I had different people around his age tell me of his basketball, baseball and especially track accomplishments and so when a stranger walks up to me and tells me his dad used to run track against my father it does in fact make me want to seek him out and learn a bit more from this other smaller world I didn’t know existed.

Years ago I asked a ranger at Antietam why I rarely see youngsters at any of the Civil War sites. His answer right or wrong was that he believed the older people have less of a future and so were more interested in history. Hope all is well with you. 😉

My Dad and I hunted with Ebert and Mount. I was more of a bird dog LOL ... those guys were GOOD!
Again...what a small world!!! I think Ron Ebert said Mount had a Brittany and he had an English Pointer??? I was the dog as well whether rabbit, quail or pheasant. I'm thinking Ron was the Sigma Chi chaplain years ago at Butler. We are so damn old...

Reactions: Do Dah Day

It seems to have been low key with the Purdue recruiting news around him recently so something is up. Also not as much news around EJ Walker who plays a similar position.

Is Sisley a 3 or a 4?
I don't know anything about him from seeing him. Apparently he is 6'7" and listed as a PF today. He has a few years to grow and so maybe he will play that spot if he comes to Purdue. I have no personal insight into him as a player other than I know Purdue is on him for 2025

It seems to have been low key with the Purdue recruiting news around him recently so something is up. Also not as much news around EJ Walker who plays a similar position.
Yeah, I have no idea how credible the guy was or what he was saying other than he seemed to think he was Purdue bound...

Again...what a small world!!! I think Ron Ebert said Mount had a Brittany and he had an English Pointer??? I was the dog as well whether rabbit, quail or pheasant. I'm thinking Ron was the Sigma Chi chaplain years ago at Butler. We are so damn old...
Rick had a Brittany and we had two Brittanys. I don't remember Ebert's dog. Rick was two years older than me. I think Ebert was the same age as my dad. My dad died a year ago august at 92. He had Brittanys until three years ago and hunted quail in AZ until he was 88 ,,,, he had a hella life.
We hunted more around Oxford and Otterbein.

As Purdue and CMP continue this dream season , I have to think there are many re-evaluating "the system"and saying I want my kid to play with a "team/coach" like that. Purdue's visual awareness and style will find a lot of new interest and if they achieve FF , I expect CMP to be coach of the year , which will elevate recruiting again to a new level..
One thing for sure is CMP finally getting some well deserved respect and coaching. teaching, building young men into great men giving back to life the boiler way.

Yeah, I enjoyed my time hunting around Brook, Remington and Earl Park. Something about that bird scaring the hell out of you when it takes off! ;) It is true that after many years you have encountered many people under many different scenarios. I think it is also true that the memories of the past are often valued for one reason or another more than when they took place and sometimes in a whole different light.

After my freshman year at Purdue my father (who was diabetic, and nobody knew) had a stroke and was paralyzed on his right side and lost the ability to speak dying almost 11 years later(I was 30). As a youngster I had different people around his age tell me of his basketball, baseball and especially track accomplishments and so when a stranger walks up to me and tells me his dad used to run track against my father it does in fact make me want to seek him out and learn a bit more from this other smaller world I didn’t know existed.

Years ago I asked a ranger at Antietam why I rarely see youngsters at any of the Civil War sites. His answer right or wrong was that he believed the older people have less of a future and so were more interested in history. Hope all is well with you. 😉
This triggered a fond memory. I owned a sports car for a few years and the national rally for that car was at Gettysburg one year. I wasn't excited about going to Gettysburg, but I wanted to go to the national rally. When we got there, it was amazing. My wife and I called in sick the two days following the rally weekend so we could stay longer. A great memory for me.

Reactions: Schnelk and tjreese
As Purdue and CMP continue this dream season , I have to think there are many re-evaluating "the system"and saying I want my kid to play with a "team/coach" like that. Purdue's visual awareness and style will find a lot of new interest and if they achieve FF , I expect CMP to be coach of the year , which will elevate recruiting again to a new level..
One thing for sure is CMP finally getting some well deserved respect and coaching. teaching, building young men into great men giving back to life the boiler way.
I agree. We will continue to get team players, good guys, great values. We are already seeing the negative results of the NIL. we will be more than fine! And I'm proud to be fine.

Pardon the interruption, but I do. My dad's advice, when teaching my younger bros and I to winter drive, was to simply "keep it between the fences"......
OH yeah, I drove home twice with a friend hanging out the passenger window trying to see the white line ... and I have other stories LOL As I'm sure you do. How did we survive?

Reactions: Schnelk
Rick had a Brittany and we had two Brittanys. I don't remember Ebert's dog. Rick was two years older than me. I think Ebert was the same age as my dad. My dad died a year ago august at 92. He had Brittanys until three years ago and hunted quail in AZ until he was 88 ,,,, he had a hella life.
We hunted more around Oxford and Otterbein.
he said one of them had a dog that would point and the other just hung around close and pick up the birds. I am sure I will see him again in February at a surprise birthday party for my sister in Columbus.
This triggered a fond memory. I owned a sports car for a few years and the national rally for that car was at Gettysburg one year. I wasn't excited about going to Gettysburg, but I wanted to go to the national rally. When we got there, it was amazing. My wife and I called in sick the two days following the rally weekend so we could stay longer. A great memory for me.
Gettysburg has the most visitors. I normally went there once a year the last few years, but this last trip to my daughters we only went to Harpers Ferry. She lives in Frederick, MD and about 45 minutes or so to Antietam, Gettysburg, Harpers Ferry and minutes from Monocasy. If you make a return I would suggest considering hiring a ranger to drive your car. We saw things like where the first shot was fired, houses with bullet holes and bringing to life the battle spots inside Gettysburg. The guy tailored it to Indiana, but I told him I was open to anything not commonly known that was interesting. He was really good. I don't think most people have an idea how complicated it was...the views...the actions adn the actions that almost preceded it 50 years.

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it”

Today’s generation and politicians are no longer interested in learning about the past. I’m glad I’m not a history teacher.

Reactions: BNIBoiler
he said one of them had a dog that would point and the other just hung around close and pick up the birds. I am sure I will see him again in February at a surprise birthday party for my sister in Columbus.

Gettysburg has the most visitors. I normally went there once a year the last few years, but this last trip to my daughters we only went to Harpers Ferry. She lives in Frederick, MD and about 45 minutes or so to Antietam, Gettysburg, Harpers Ferry and minutes from Monocasy. If you make a return I would suggest considering hiring a ranger to drive your car. We saw things like where the first shot was fired, houses with bullet holes and bringing to life the battle spots inside Gettysburg. The guy tailored it to Indiana, but I told him I was open to anything not commonly known that was interesting. He was really good. I don't think most people have an idea how complicated it was...the views...the actions adn the actions that almost preceded it 50 years.

That sounds great. We did watch the movie at the memorial and read all the signs at all the different spots. the story of the snipers on Little Round Top was awesome. We took the ghost walk in town too. Just a surprisingly good time.

TJ, I've done that tour, with the ranger driving my car. Excellent way to see all that occurred. Enjoyed the passion our ranger brought to the subject, and the willingness to discuss the thinking of the participants at the time

TJ, did you attend Butler? My lady friend's late husband taught there.

We have hired the ranger to drive my car and as you suggest, it's the best way to see things normally not seen. And if you ever get the chance, take the trip at Christmas time with all the roads lined with luminaries.

TJ, did you attend Butler? My lady friend's late husband taught there.
No, my only attendence was cutting my teeth at a very young age at Hinkle. I didn't know at the time that the guy that all the kids sought autographs from after a game would marry my sister. I thought I owned Hinkle. I would ask my parents if I could sit down at the baseline. Back then they had rope netting at the end of the baselines to keep the balls from flying off the court and I could get down there where teh shoes squeaked and the bodies made thud sounds banging each other.

My sister and her husband (he did sign a Big Ten letter for Purdue had he went to teh Big Ten) and both their children are Butler grads and now their daughter has two really sweet and pretty girls (5'11" & 6') that are cheerleaders. Who knows if I'm the youngest person to ever be lifted through a window in a frat house with directions in the dark where to crawl and retrieve something at Butler? My daughter considered it (going to Butler) though.

Yeah, we probably all have at least one of those.....
This might be a good place to just casually say something? So, it appears someone close to Boiler Alliance has a cousin in Kentucky whose daughter dates a guard. I think the girls family is indifferent to Purdue, but ya never know if things could change? Nothing more to say...and just little more I know...

I hope we get Sisley...
These off topic stories are giving me chills. I've been to Gettysburg, guided by a War College Lt Col, walked Pickett's Charge, Antietam, the Cornfield, the Bloody Lane, Burnside's Bridge, Fredericksburg, one of the most foolish battles ever, and Manasass. This Hallowed Ground. Goosebumps.

Raised in Benton County we had no dog to hunt with but always had plenty of shooting. Hunted from Oxford to Boswell to Wadena and Brookston. My favorite was just east of Swanington. I can honestly say I've seen thousands of pheasants in one field late in the season after a heavy snow.

The most I ever saw go up were 16 around Brook. I would have enjoyed that. I never had a dog either...I just scared them up as some would sit really tight...as you know they can. Used 4 & 5 shot on pheasant and 8 & 9 on quail and if rabbit hunting particularly 6 shot unless I had 5s left over to still use. I really enjoyed those times and was able to hunt with my dad twice for pheasant. Just name the time and I was ready to hunt or fish years ago

• Love
Reactions: Do Dah Day
The most I ever saw go up were 16 around Brook. I would have enjoyed that. I never had a dog either...I just scared them up as some would sit really tight...as you know they can. Used 4 & 5 shot on pheasant and 8 & 9 on quail and if rabbit hunting particularly 6 shot unless I had 5s left over to still use. I really enjoyed those times and was able to hunt with my dad twice for pheasant. Just name the time and I was ready to hunt or fish years ago
I have 50 boxes of reloads. All identified with "birds, rabbits, ducks, geese." Dad went to the Sportsman downtown one time and his falcon pickup literally had the front wheels off the ground when they loaded the shot in the bed. Wild times.

I have 50 boxes of reloads. All identified with "birds, rabbits, ducks, geese." Dad went to the Sportsman downtown one time and his falcon pickup literally had the front wheels off the ground when they loaded the shot in the bed. Wild times.
Hey - Wasn’t the Sportsman a gay bar?

Not that there’s anything wrong with that…

Reactions: clbndgm
Hey - Wasn’t the Sportsman a gay bar?

Not that there’s anything wrong with that…
NO!!! the Sportsman was at 5th and Main. All things sports ... from baseball gloves to LL uniforms to powder and shot. Lonnie Heide was the MAN!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT