ADVERTISEMENT

Fun Friday question - David blough

BCfanatic2020

All-American
Jan 5, 2020
I was just watching a highlight of a pass Blough threw to Isaac Zico and I’m wondering …

post the hiring of tiller (from dicken to Oconnell).. where do you rank David Blough amongst Purdue QBs?

Oops…. Had a brain freeze I guess?
On painter v Blough both threw for a boatload of yards, with the exact same yards per attempt.. Blough with two more TDs and three less picks in 219 less attempts.

I have him third behind Brees and Orton and Orton was only appreciably better for half a season

In all honesty though it’s hard to say who 3 and 4 are. Painter would have to be in there because he did some good but the Heisman hype he didn’t live up to is what people remember. Then there’s the could have been good guys. Sindelar had the look and potential but I don’t believe was as good as he could have been. And the one I had really high hopes for was Robert Marve. He was a big recruit that transferred here that I thought would be great but between injuries and Hope’s two qb system and Gary Nord offense it didn’t work out. So outside of Brees, Orton, Dicken, Painter and Blough, those two guys are the only other ones I would consider very good. Elliot wasn’t bad.

In all honesty though it’s hard to say who 3 and 4 are. Painter would have to be in there because he did some good but the Heisman hype he didn’t live up to is what people remember. Then there’s the could have been good guys. Sindelar had the look and potential but I don’t believe was as good as he could have been. And the one I had really high hopes for was Robert Marve. He was a big recruit that transferred here that I thought would be great but between injuries and Hope’s two qb system and Gary Nord offense it didn’t work out. So outside of Brees, Orton, Dicken, Painter and Blough, those two guys are the only other ones I would consider very good. Elliot wasn’t bad.
My money on Blough

On painter v Blough both threw for a boatload of yards, with the exact same yards per attempt.. Blough with two more TDs and three less picks in 219 less attempts.

I have him third behind Brees and Orton and Orton was only appreciably better for half a season
personally, I felt more at ease w/ Blough behind center vs Painter when watching Purdue

Reactions: JeffBoiler
Sibdelar would have been in the top 5 if he'd arrived with good wheels and maintained them for his career. Always wonder how good the surgeon was that repaired him in HS.

Huh? Blough had yancey to throw to.

dude pressed and threw a shit tonof ints
Alford? Dorien Bryant and kory sheets

Also Blough threw less ints and more TDS than painter.. he got better as his career ended where as painter got worse

Alford? Dorien Bryant and kory sheets

Also Blough threw less ints and more TDS than painter.. he got better as his career ended where as painter got worse
Painter messed up his shoulder as a senior. Remember siller is Dixon?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT