ADVERTISEMENT

Francis Okoro Projection

He is way more athletic than Simpson. He will be a beast.

Up to 4 predictions for Purdue on 247. Obviously still means nothing, but that’s a lot of smoke!

Lets hope he chooses the Boilermakers!

(edited to remove a comment made in poor taste}

Last edited:
I think it could be a case of Okoro seeing where his credits line up to see if he could reclassify or if he needed to complete a summer class to be able to graduate early. If that's the case and he figures out that's what he needs to do, I'll likely guess he goes to Purdue and commits in the next couple weeks. If he needs to stay for his senior year, likely he waits to take an official visit and commits then...likely in the fall at a home football game. Okoro just appears to be what Purdue is looking for in the 5's at this point in time and it doesn't hurt that he wants to go in to engineering and of the schools mentioned...nobody's engineering program even remotely touches Purdue's.
I recommend he enroll at Purdue, take dual credit courses to finish high school and start at Purdue.

Things could change when one of the shoe company... (oops) I meant one of the blue bloods get on his tail. Once the money... (oops), I mean offer is on the table, it might be very difficult for this kid to keep his path to Purdue. We will see... maybe some of those "blue bloods" will decide to play it straight this year, since the FBI is sniffing around.

Stop. Bitter whining is one thing. Preemptively bad mouthing a potential Purdue player just in case he might pick someone else is pathetic.

Grow up

Stop. Bitter whining is one thing. Preemptively bad mouthing a potential Purdue player just in case he might pick someone else is pathetic.

Grow up
I agree with you and I apologize. I was being snarky, and making a comment on recruiting in general. I realized after reading your comment that I had actually thrown dirt on a potential Boilermaker unintentionally. Thanks for pointing that out. I will change the message to remove the nonsense.

I agree with you and I apologize. I was being snarky, and making a comment on recruiting in general. I realized after reading your comment that I had actually thrown dirt on a potential Boilermaker unintentionally. Thanks for pointing that out. I will change the message to remove the nonsense.
I didnt necessary see it as a dig on a potential Purdue recruit, but as a pretty honest summary of college recruiting in general. Sadly, history has proven you right at many of the big name programs. More than likely if you had said it in a general recruiting thread, nobody would have made it an issue.

Last edited:
Getting into a high major college program is far better than being at even the best prep schools. Doing it earlier just speeds up the development.

Worst case scenario Okoro takes a redshirt and gets to practice against college players and have access to some of the best training facilities and S&C coaches in the US that are at almost every major program.
Indeed. I.E. Caleb Biggie Swanigan. He reclassified. It pisses me off to admit this, but all kids with any NBA aspirations reclassify simply due to every damn NBA team wanting 16,17,18 year old kids on their teams. If you play 4 years of college basketball these days, you’re considered old when you enter the draft. Swanigan knew his path and what he needed to achieve in order to continue on the path he chose. He added a year to his basketball career and ultimately to his lifetime income simply by reclassifying.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Indeed. I.E. Caleb Biggie Swanigan. He reclassified. It pisses me off to admit this, but all kids with any NBA aspirations reclassify simply due to every damn NBA team wanting 16,17,18 year old kids on their teams. If you play 4 years of college basketball these days, you’re considered old when you enter the draft. Swanigan knew his path and what he needed to achieve in order to continue on the path he chose. He added a year to his basketball career and ultimately to his lifetime income simply by reclassifying.
a lot of guys who reclassify were held back to begin with to stand out more

I'm proud of you. BIG men admit mistakes . and bigger men take action to correct them.

Also, Okoro references taking SATs when asked about reclassifiying. I don't have any children and it's been quite a few years since I took that test, but I don't remember the SATs having any bearing on passing high school?

Also, Okoro references taking SATs when asked about reclassifiying. I don't have any children and it's been quite a few years since I took that test, but I don't remember the SATs having any bearing on passing high school?
They have no bearing on passing high school, but they do have bearing on being accepted into college. For example, he wouldn't be accepted at Purdue with an 800 on the SAT even if he passes all of his high school diploma requirements.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
They have no bearing on passing high school, but they do have bearing on being accepted into college. For example, he wouldn't be accepted at Purdue with an 800 on the SAT even if he passes all of his high school diploma requirements.

Oh yeah that's makes sense. Didn't look at it that way.

Reactions: BoilerGrad2001

Unless that was his score for the math section and they just ignored the language/writing portion.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Yeah you have to have an ACT/SAT "score" to get into college, sounds like he just has not taken it yet. Most of the time these tests are taken in school during the end of the junior year in high school.

Watching the vids in the Oregon article he reminded me of Chris Weber. Ridiculous physique, effortless explosion from the floor, good handle for mid range moves to the rim, and authoritative finish once there.

a lot of guys who reclassify were held back to begin with to stand out more
Well sure. Had it been as widely accepted to have your kid go to kindergarten twice back in 1979, I wouldn’t have ended up a 17 year old freshman at Purdue. Regardless of that entirely different issue, kids know their NBA chances rely heavily on their age, which is why we see the wave of them for basketball players. If the NFL has similar standards, kids would be doing it for football as well, but we don’t see that. The NBA has their dirty mitts in the party.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT