ADVERTISEMENT

Francis Okoro Projection

Saw this too. There have been rumblings of him potentially switching to the 2018 class but not sure the validity.

I do know we had an in-home visit this week and he is scheduled to do an unofficial to Oregon this weekend.

Would be a huge get for us. I don’t think Snow makes crazy predictions and usually is the first because he knows something.

Reactions: TX4GB
Help convince me if you are not going to be a top lottery pick the value of moving up a year from high school

Reactions: Purdue11
Help convince me if you are not going to be a top lottery pick the value of moving up a year from high school

Getting into a high major college program is far better than being at even the best prep schools. Doing it earlier just speeds up the development.

Worst case scenario Okoro takes a redshirt and gets to practice against college players and have access to some of the best training facilities and S&C coaches in the US that are at almost every major program.

Getting into a high major college program is far better than being at even the best prep schools. Doing it earlier just speeds up the development.

Worst case scenario Okoro takes a redshirt and gets to practice against college players and have access to some of the best training facilities and S&C coaches in the US that are at almost every major program.
I believe an IU player did something similar to this, this year.

Saw this too. There have been rumblings of him potentially switching to the 2018 class but not sure the validity.

I do know we had an in-home visit this week and he is scheduled to do an unofficial to Oregon this weekend.

Would be a huge get for us. I don’t think Snow makes crazy predictions and usually is the first because he knows something.
I'm guessing Oregon will offer more money and jobs for his cousins.

I see it between us and Oregon, based off interviews about his recruiting.. just seems like those two have the most involved in getting him and those two were the ones he talked about the most.

Didn't Jallow play? I believe Race Thompson at IU graduated early and redshirted this year. Basically he gave up his senior year to get in a college weight room and practice with the team.
Yeah, Jallow played but mostly out of supreme need for them.

2.5 pts 1.5 rbs .8 ast 39% FG% 25% 3pt%

But of course he goes for 10pts and shoots 75% from three against Purdue, lol.

Didn't Jallow play? I believe Race Thompson at IU graduated early and redshirted this year. Basically he gave up his senior year to get in a college weight room and practice with the team.

Looking at video of Okoro, he doesn't look like he needs a redshirt to work on his body. He already looks like a college player playing against skinny high school kids. Now I just looked at one video, but he looks well put together already with not a fat to trim or muscle to build.

1:12 into this interview is a good sign for us also:

(cliff's notes: he loves Engineering)

Love his since of humor throughout the rest of the video as well!

Reactions: hoosierdog1
Looking at video of Okoro, he doesn't look like he needs a redshirt to work on his body. He already looks like a college player playing against skinny high school kids. Now I just looked at one video, but he looks well put together already with not a fat to trim or muscle to build.
He plays in the same conference in which my grandson plays. Very nice player and pretty mature as far as l have seen. However he seems a bit away from being B1G or similar level ready... he will be there pretty clearly but seems to still need a bit of time. I would certainly like to see him in the Old Gold and Black.

I've mentioned this before, but Okoro is originally from Nigeria while Dowuona is from Ghana, almost neighboring countries in Africa. Both Okoro and Dowuona are interested in engineering, so maybe Okoro would feel a lot more comfortable at Purdue - especially if he and Dow became friends and potential roommates.

I know one thing is for sure - that a front court with Okoro, Dow, Williams, and Haarms would be pretty d@mn potent. Like Final Four potent - in time. In fact, from the video I watched, it looks like Okoro could even play the wing, which would be outrageous, if true.

This Purdue engineer hopes we get him!

I've mentioned this before, but Okoro is originally from Nigeria while Dowuona is from Ghana, almost neighboring countries in Africa. Both Okoro and Dowuona are interested in engineering, so maybe Okoro would feel a lot more comfortable at Purdue - especially if he and Dow became friends and potential roommates.

I know one thing is for sure - that a front court with Okoro, Dow, Williams, and Haarms would be pretty d@mn potent. Like Final Four potent - in time. In fact, from the video I watched, it looks like Okoro could even play the wing, which would be outrageous, if true.

This Purdue engineer hopes we get him!
Final Four potent.....if we can keep the injury demon away.

Final Four potent.....if we can keep the injury demon away.

We have a legacy, Brian Cardinal!

Wear those dang elbow pads and knee pads!!

Come to think of it, Haas and Haarms should have worn these in games to protect their joints. Esp. knowing how often Haas was saying hello to the hardwood floor the latter part of the season..

Dang!!

Maybe it’s not worth getting excited about yet, but Brian Snow on 247 is now projecting Okoro to Purdue.

Below is a link to a new interview GBI just tweeted. It sounds like Purdue is in good shape, but he also wants to visit Oregon, Kansas, and Ohio State in addition to Purdue again. Tough competition and probably have a ways to go here. Painter seems to have put in the early work to be in good position though. Hopefully Snow knows something and Purdue gets him.

https://www.prephoops.com/2018/03/francis-okoro-video-5/

As a side note. Holtman really does seem to be targeting the same A list guys as Painter. I hope (and think) they will suck next year without Tate and Bates Diop and take some of the momentum away from their turnaround this year.

Reactions: Dakota Girl
Below is a link to a new interview GBI just tweeted. It sounds like Purdue is in good shape, but he also wants to visit Oregon, Kansas, and Ohio State in addition to Purdue again. Tough competition and probably have a ways to go here. Painter seems to have put in the early work to be in good position though. Hopefully Snow knows something and Purdue gets him.

https://www.prephoops.com/2018/03/francis-okoro-video-5/

As a side note. Holtman really does seem to be targeting the same A list guys as Painter. I hope (and think) they will suck next year without Tate and Bates Diop and take some of the momentum away from their turnaround this year.

OSU definitely overachieved last year and needs to slow down a bit but that's only a matter of time. Huge window for Purdue here in the next couple years. Seems like recruiting is on the verge of going up a level

Saves Holtman some of his 7 million a year contract on scouting when he follows our lead. We will need to poach a couple Ohio players again before he notices.

He just picked up another crystal ball - again, it is just people making educated guesses but seems interesting that there is a second from someone who is decent at this picking in our favor.

Reactions: Purdue11
He just picked up another crystal ball - again, it is just people making educated guesses but seems interesting that there is a second from someone who is decent at this picking in our favor.
I have not studied this site much, but those times I have seem to be pretty accurate ... more than I would expect with the randomness of recruits. I need to take these rosey glasses off, they can make my smile muscles hurt.

247 is a site that gets revenue based on clicks. Normally after some sort of visit (In-home/Official/Unofficial), they will go on and make predictions to try to increase traffic. CMP had an in-home visit with Okoro last week.

I'm not saying it doesn't look good for us, but if Oregon gets an In-home this week, don't be surprised if some 247 analysts pick Oregon. These guys all have high "correct pick" percentages, but they can change their pick at any time during the process. Most of the time the analysts will change their picks last minute to the school that it will most likely be.

I'm not saying it doesn't look good for us, but if Oregon gets an In-home this week, don't be surprised if some 247 analysts pick Oregon. These guys all have high "correct pick" percentages, but they can change their pick at any time during the process. Most of the time the analysts will change their picks last minute to the school that it will most likely be.
Agree with the analysis. Though one update they made was giving them points based on accuracy and how far in advance they were on the pick.

I don’t have premium access so don’t get to see the analysts “scores” but I’m sure this will give more insights on their accuracy.

Only thing that is interesting is he is going into his senior year. Most don’t start making picks until senior year unless he is changing classes or will pick early.

Who was the big center from Illinois that we were recruiting that ended up at Oregon ?

MEQUON, Wis. – Rivals150 big man

Francis Okoro
is one of the top recruits on the Illinois board for 2019. Orange and Blue News caught up with him at the Swish 'N Dish Spring Warm Up last weekend.

The broad-shouldered 6-foot-9 center from Normal (Ill.) West, who could solve many of the Illini’s rim-protecting woes, says he plans to take visits this spring.

icons_rivalsdatabase_modal_icon-09d74c9f6ebcc83cb0a94ef792a69ba648c051e8558216ce4858fedc95a355a3.svg

ocg39e3k7hjgz8ivfmlm

RANK
N/A
NATIONAL

-

STATE

-

POSITION
FRANCIS
OKORO

6'9" | 225 LBS | C
NORMAL COMMUNITY WEST
NORMAL, IL
CLASS OF 2019
UNDECIDED
Those likely visits include Illinois, Oregon, Purdue, Missouri and Kansas. He could make his final college choice soon after.

Okoro, a 4-star prospect ranked No. 34 in his class, averaged 16 points, 12 rebounds and 1.8 blocks per game as a junior at Normal West. This spring, he’s playing with the St. Louis-based Bradley Beal AAU team alongside several other highly coveted recruits, including Illini target

EJ Liddell

Okoro’s offensive game remains a work in progress but his body is college-ready now. Speaking of now, there have long been rumors of Okoro re-classifying to 2018. When asked last weekend at Swish N’ Dish about the possibility of re-classifying, the big man did not exactly put those rumors to rest.

“I don’t know. I’m still a junior,” Okoro said with a large smile on his face. “I still have to get done with school first, so I don’t know about that.”

Okoro recently had an in-home visit with Purdue and the Boilermakers are considered a serious contender for his services. Illinois is also trying to schedule an in-home visit, and Okoro says he talks frequently with assistant Jamall Walker and gets texts from head coach Brad Underwood at least three times a week.

“He’s not a coach that keeps you in the post and makes you do one thing,” Okoro said of Underwood. “That’s one of the things I love about him. I love the system. He’s passionate for the game and how he tries to drive the players.”

Okoro was inconsistent at Swish N’ Dish, but finished strong with 16 points in a victory over the Illinois Wolves to lead Brad Beal to the 17U title. He’s working on improving his post moves and becoming more of an offensive threat, but his greatest value remains defense and rebounding. Okoro’s mobility and athleticism are impressive for his size, and he has a great motor sprinting from end to end.

Okoro says he has no favorites and he’s looking forward to taking visits in between AAU and school obligations.

“After this tournament I will try to see the school that wants me the most, and from there I’ll know where I’m going,” he said.

Reactions: SKYDOG
MEQUON, Wis. – Rivals150 big man

Francis Okoro
is one of the top recruits on the Illinois board for 2019. Orange and Blue News caught up with him at the Swish 'N Dish Spring Warm Up last weekend.

The broad-shouldered 6-foot-9 center from Normal (Ill.) West, who could solve many of the Illini’s rim-protecting woes, says he plans to take visits this spring.

icons_rivalsdatabase_modal_icon-09d74c9f6ebcc83cb0a94ef792a69ba648c051e8558216ce4858fedc95a355a3.svg

ocg39e3k7hjgz8ivfmlm

RANK
N/A
NATIONAL

-

STATE

-

POSITION
FRANCIS
OKORO

6'9" | 225 LBS | C
NORMAL COMMUNITY WEST
NORMAL, IL
CLASS OF 2019
UNDECIDED
Those likely visits include Illinois, Oregon, Purdue, Missouri and Kansas. He could make his final college choice soon after.

Okoro, a 4-star prospect ranked No. 34 in his class, averaged 16 points, 12 rebounds and 1.8 blocks per game as a junior at Normal West. This spring, he’s playing with the St. Louis-based Bradley Beal AAU team alongside several other highly coveted recruits, including Illini target

EJ Liddell

Okoro’s offensive game remains a work in progress but his body is college-ready now. Speaking of now, there have long been rumors of Okoro re-classifying to 2018. When asked last weekend at Swish N’ Dish about the possibility of re-classifying, the big man did not exactly put those rumors to rest.

“I don’t know. I’m still a junior,” Okoro said with a large smile on his face. “I still have to get done with school first, so I don’t know about that.”

Okoro recently had an in-home visit with Purdue and the Boilermakers are considered a serious contender for his services. Illinois is also trying to schedule an in-home visit, and Okoro says he talks frequently with assistant Jamall Walker and gets texts from head coach Brad Underwood at least three times a week.

“He’s not a coach that keeps you in the post and makes you do one thing,” Okoro said of Underwood. “That’s one of the things I love about him. I love the system. He’s passionate for the game and how he tries to drive the players.”

Okoro was inconsistent at Swish N’ Dish, but finished strong with 16 points in a victory over the Illinois Wolves to lead Brad Beal to the 17U title. He’s working on improving his post moves and becoming more of an offensive threat, but his greatest value remains defense and rebounding. Okoro’s mobility and athleticism are impressive for his size, and he has a great motor sprinting from end to end.

Okoro says he has no favorites and he’s looking forward to taking visits in between AAU and school obligations.

“After this tournament I will try to see the school that wants me the most, and from there I’ll know where I’m going,” he said.
It was free for me, and I don’t pay a dime to Illinois Rivals

And now a 3rd pick.

Again - not trying to get my hopes up and not trying to read too much into this but something is obviously stirring.

Reactions: Emartin70287
I have not studied this site much, but those times I have seem to be pretty accurate ... more than I would expect with the randomness of recruits. I need to take these rosey glasses off, they can make my smile muscles hurt.
Seems to me that the crystal ball is just a bunch of bloggers who start off with the usual suspects then slowly move to the right answer as it becomes obvious. We are a ways away from obvious so...

Hopefully it keeps trending the Purdue way!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT