ADVERTISEMENT

Football game day help

May 30, 2001
I have a senior HS son who is strongly considering attending Purdue next year and we will be attending the game on Saturday. He has been on a general campus tour but wanted to experience a game day atmosphere (we have never been). Any helpful tips for parking, buying tickets, eating (a good place to hit mid afternoon where we can get a seat), or anything else would be appreciated. Thanks!

I have a senior HS son who is strongly considering attending Purdue next year and we will be attending the game on Saturday. He has been on a general campus tour but wanted to experience a game day atmosphere (we have never been). Any helpful tips for parking, buying tickets, eating (a good place to hit mid afternoon where we can get a seat), or anything else would be appreciated. Thanks!
If Breakfast Club is starting early this week with the late kickoff, I'd suggest just taking a peek at that if you are ok with your son watching drunk college kids in costumes. If not, stay away from Chauncey Hill from about 7am to 10am.

I would pay for a parking spot if you are able since it is about $20 relatively close to the stadium and with the updated roads, you can get out relatively quickly. You can scalp a ticket or walk in to the ticket office which is located inside Mackey Arena off of Northwestern to buy tickets. Might also want to do StubHub to see exactly where you can get tickets.

The usually suggestions for food from this board are:
Triple XXX (old style diner featured on Food Network)
Bruno's (tons of Purdue memorabilia and good pizza/food)
Frozen Custard (not located on campus but over in Lafayette by Columbian Park...Indiana's oldest owned and operated drive-in. Famous for custard and fruit drink.)

Reactions: Marsh
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT